cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15/Month Plan not available

DJD1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I too, like Alex861, when trying to change my subscription plan no longer have the $15/month plan available to select.  Cheapest plan offered is $29/month (includes 10GB of data).  I had increased my data plan for the month of July for vacation and now I can't go back to the $15/month plan, which I had for the previous 10 months??? Is the 'cheaper' plans only available to new subscribers?   Help!

11 REPLIES 11

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Meow wrote:

@maurelle wrote:

@Meow wrote:

Cheapest plan I see for existing customers is $19.

How come it does not show on your account? Select ALL plans, it should be there.

Public Mobile doesn't want existing customers to downgrade. If the OP went up to say the $34 plan it's likely that they don't get access to anything below $29 (we have other reports of this behaviour...)

Thank you for clarification.

This is REALLY BAD move from PM side not allowing customers to downgrade their plans. What if customer has to be out of country for few months, year? Customer is not allowed then to downgrade, pay low price to keep service and when it is back to go back to original plan????
I guess if you do not care for your phone number, then cancel plan and sign up with lowest price plan. Lose-lose for both sides...

Welcome to PM's brave new world. 

The reality is that, at this point, I personally don't see an incentive to port back in once PM forces me to port out to get the (for me) best suited of their plans. I have the priviledge to be in an area where Freedom is equal or outperforms Public's coverage. Why would I port to a Freedom plan that offers me more features for a better price than what I have here (even considering points, which are minimal now that the majority of my referrals has moved elsewhere) and then port back to PM? Again, this is my personal situation, YMMV.

maurelle

@slusagm wrote:

App and browser show me the same plan.  

Maybe the differences due to old browser or app cache

Nope, this is on PM's side. I always go through the works of clearing cache and logging in incognito.

When I first noticed the difference I even used different browsers and different computers. Plus I also uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the app. The difference is real.

@maurelle wrote:

@Meow wrote:

How come it does not show on your account? Select ALL plans, it should be there.

Public Mobile doesn't want existing customers to downgrade. If the OP went up to say the $34 plan it's likely that they don't get access to anything below $29 (we have other reports of this behaviour...)

Thank you for clarification.

This is REALLY BAD move from PM side not allowing customers to downgrade their plans. What if customer has to be out of country for few months, year? Customer is not allowed then to downgrade, pay low price to keep service and when it is back to go back to original plan????
I guess if you do not care for your phone number, then cancel plan and sign up with lowest price plan. Lose-lose for both sides...

@hTideGnow wrote:

how about your @Yummy account,  check it and should be same

Yummy is NOT my account. It belongs to different person, same household.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

App and browser show me the same plan.  

Maybe the differences due to old browser or app cache

maurelle

@Meow wrote:

One thing to try if you are logging in with the browser portal: see what the app comes up with. Or vice-versa. I've had different offers between the two on several accounts I help with.

HI @Meow 

you are on the $15 plan so you see the $19 option.

if you follow the community, people has been talking about you only see plan higher value than your current one and not cheaper one

how about your @Yummy account,  check it and should be same

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Meow_0-1721928384140.png

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

But the $15 plan says clearly for new activation only

of course, you can try ask PM to see if they can grant it.  Tell them you need a cheap plan to keep the number alive

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @DJD1 

from what we understand, look like everyone will get a different plan lineup to change to., and seems like only more expensive then your current one will be available. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@DJD1 

yup...just for new accounts today. Check back often for newest offerings.

Need Help? Let's chat.