cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes Blocked - PM thinks I'm Roaming in the US? I'm calling from Canada.

Hannibal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in Canada and tried calling family in the US. I've done this many times before and never had a problem. I have 3000 US Long Distance Minutes and have only used between 8-9% of them - which also shows I've used them previously.

Today when I called my mom I got the following message from Public Mobile:

"Sorry, Your call could not be completed because your plan does not include a US roaming add-on" Then it asks me to go to self-serve to make changes to my plan.

I'm not roaming. I'm calling from Guelph Ontario. I've never had a problem before. I had no idea if my VPN was causing the issue so I turned that off and it made no difference.

What is going on? I'd like to call my family and I'm being blocked by something. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Hannibal

@esjliv  Thank you for all that information. I did use the Chatbot initially which sent me to this site and did suggest CSAgent although the link didn't work for some reason and I didn't really know what CSAgent was at that point. I checked the mailbox as you suggested and there are actually 2 messages to CSAgent there now - no reply as of yet. Thank you and @Sansan for getting me on track and finding the proper contact to figure this out.

@Hannibal wrote:

@Sansan  Thank you. I didn't have that link but just now sent a message to CS Agent. I'll report back any information I gather.

@Hannibal  - CS_Agent = CSA = Customers Support/Service Agent (Public Mobile Representatives) 

Methods to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support. (link is provided by @Sansan as well). 

Hannibal

@Sansan  Thank you. I didn't have that link but just now sent a message to CS Agent. I'll report back any information I gather.

We're you able to send the message to the CS Agent? Customer service to look into it directly.

See link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hannibal

@esjliv  Calling Canadian numbers works fine - I just double-checked and it worked calling a Canadian number. It is only when I try to call my family in the USA - that is correct.

Yes, I do see the USA addons in my account - I've attached an image below. What is CS_Agent?

Here you can clearly see my US long-distance minutesHere you can clearly see my US long-distance minutes

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hannibal mmm, well some customers have reported similar issue in the past about hearing an roaming addon message, but when calling within Canada. But you not having issues calling within Canada, only when to USA?

If you see the USA addons in your My Account, and still experiencing this issue, you could ask CS_Agent if your account is affected or needs to be reset or something.

Hannibal

@esjlivI checked: Roaming is off and Network Selection is Public Mobile. I'm using an iPhone 8 with iOS version 16.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hannibal - try going to your network area in your phone and manually select 'Public Mobile'.

Or try turning off roaming and see if that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.