cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook SMS problem?

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I received the following message: 

The phone number XXX has been deactivated for Facebook text messages due to the following reason: the mobile service provider this number was registered with no longer recognizes this number as valid. If you changed your mobile number or switched mobile service providers, please visit Facebook to add your number again.

Then I try to remove and add my phone number again but I never receive a SMS verification code. Anyone have this problem lately? 

10 REPLIES 10

@Vishnubishnoi   did you just port in your number from another provider?  If so, it is normal that you would not get all the short codes/ 2FA text within the first couple days.  Many systems need time to learn that your phone number was moved to another provider and hence didn't route the text correctly.   Some business also imposed to rule to hold on the 2FA text for couple days in case of SIM Fraud.  

If you have just ported in your number, just wait couple more days.  You should be able to receive all these text again no later than 7 days

Vishnubishnoi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Plz help me

Walabar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can confirm that I have a similar problem - can't seem to send texts to FB for 32665 2-factor authentication.

jpar

I'm still able to get shortcode texts since porting to PM. 

echf

@srlawren I also need it for Facebook Messager! I think I am going to contact Facebook. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@echf yes, but SMS is a pain for 2FA.  You're better off using Google Authenicator 2FA with Facebook, by way of the Authy GA client app.  

https://www.authy.com/tutorials/add-2-factor-authentication-facebook/

Authy on Android or on iOS rocks!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

echf

At least you can get extra security

I'm not 100%, but I think you can use Facebook in place of regular SMS client, much like Textra.

@srlawren wrote:

@echf dumb question--what kind of SMS messages do you get from Facebook?  Is it notifications of friends' updates and so on?  If so, wouldn't you get a better experience getting those notifications through the mobile app instead?  (OR, a lighterweight app that wraps the mobile web site, if you dislike the FB app?)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@echf dumb question--what kind of SMS messages do you get from Facebook?  Is it notifications of friends' updates and so on?  If so, wouldn't you get a better experience getting those notifications through the mobile app instead?  (OR, a lighterweight app that wraps the mobile web site, if you dislike the FB app?)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Mine is working fine. I don't know if this is a common problem or yours is just an isolated issue. Hope more people can give insight into this.

Need Help? Let's chat.