cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Community Technical Issues

@z10user4 wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@Alan_K Just found another bug, It seems that community badges disappear when you click on them instead of giving you a brief description. See video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L9JT_i9ssFtVr6pU40WWrLrfIPhIjAqr/view

While you're digging through taking the time trying to find all the problems and bugs and niggles and nits, it would be useful to see if it has been mentioned before.

Here's one discussion from over 2 years ago when I used the search terms "badges disappear click", sorted by date and found this on page 2.

@Poogzley 

Yep.  Nothing new there.  And if you click again on some of the resulting empty spots, you can sometimes "retrieve" the disappearing badges.  Smiley Tongue

One bug that I noticed before but has crept back in:  For me, the Self-serve and Annoucements categories have been permanently bolded as having new messages for days even though there are none.  I've went as far as telling that Community site to mark all messages as previously read upon logout, but no luck.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z10user4 wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@Alan_K Just found another bug, It seems that community badges disappear when you click on them instead of giving you a brief description. See video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L9JT_i9ssFtVr6pU40WWrLrfIPhIjAqr/view

While you're digging through taking the time trying to find all the problems and bugs and niggles and nits, it would be useful to see if it has been mentioned before.

Here's one discussion from over 2 years ago when I used the search terms "badges disappear click", sorted by date and found this on page 2.

@z10user4 I wasn't actually looking for bugs just came across it randomly, I am surprised it has not been fixed yet considering it has been two years. I had assumed it was caused by the recent redesign as I thought I remembered the bagges working properly a few months ago. I must have confused it with a different community. Il be more careful next time

Mayor / Maire

@Poogzley wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@z10user4 I wasn't actually looking for bugs just came across it randomly, I am surprised it has not been fixed yet considering it has been two years. I had assumed it was caused by the recent redesign as I thought I remembered the bagges working properly a few months ago. I must have confused it with a different community. Il be more careful next time

@Poogzley 

There are lots of little things around here that aren't perfect. It just sorta kinda seemed to me that you've recently been running around finding things and tagging Alan_K with your findings. Your enthusiasm is good but is each finding important enough to bother the boss man with it. But hey...who am I...just another lowly customer.

Oracle

@David_J, @Alan_K,

Is there any way you can make the get help articles and their categories easier to access especially from a mobile device. There is a wealth of knowledge there, that you are hiding so well. The information should not need to be accessed by entering a dummy search ie entering a couple spaces.   And in mobile view the categories are way at the bottom of the screen. 

This info I believe  should actually be accessed by a direct link. Screenshot_20190910_064149_com.android.chrome.jpg

Highlighted
Public Mobile

@mimmo wrote:

@David_J, @Alan_K,

Is there any way you can make the get help articles and their categories easier to access especially from a mobile device. There is a wealth of knowledge there, that you are hiding so well. The information should not need to be accessed by entering a dummy search ie entering a couple spaces.   And in mobile view the categories are way at the bottom of the screen. 

This info I believe  should actually be accessed by a direct link. Screenshot_20190910_064149_com.android.chrome.jpg

@mimmo Thanks for your feedback! I will prioritize with the team to see what we can do about it to make it easier to access.

Oracle

@Alan_K  "Thanks for your feedback! I will prioritize with the team to see what we can do about it to make it easier to access."

OMG, more sprinting? Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Public Mobile

@Luddite wrote:

@Alan_K  "Thanks for your feedback! I will prioritize with the team to see what we can do about it to make it easier to access."

OMG, more sprinting? Robot wink

@mimmo @Luddite We are going to try to take care of this one within 24-48 hours to include a direct link to the articles below the search. I'll provide an update here when I confirm the changes.

The mobile view will need some deeper revisiting - hope that helps Smiley Happy

@Alan_K wrote:

:

@mimmo @Luddite We are going to try to take care of this one within 24-48 hours to include a direct link to the articles below the search. I'll provide an update here when I confirm the changes.

The mobile view will need some deeper revisiting - hope that helps Smiley Happy

On the French Community site, it is sitll impossible to give anyone a bravo when using the mobile site. I do wonder if that is hurting the participation levels.

Public Mobile

@Poogzley We fixed the photos and video font colour this morning! Thanks for the heads up.

photvid.PNG