cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Re: Use of "moderator" in user name

@phleva  I can think of reaaons to have moderator in the username. The member could be a polical anaylist, court judge, or a dispute mediator.  

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

there was a vote not too long ago about changing the "moderator" name to something else.(customer support, support team, etc.) 

I guess we'll have to wait a year or more before its implementation 😂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@phleva  I can think of reaaons to have moderator in the username. The member could be a polical anaylist, court judge, or a dispute mediator.  

Great points, @cavemantoronto .   The fact that the Community's customer service agents, who someone decided should be called "Moderators" (a name that makes no sense since they do not 'moderate' much of anything - that's the Oracles role...) makes zero sense.

Knowing how the community works is up to the individual who decides to use the community.

Anyone who elects to join an online based service should have the common sense to research how it works, and whether it's something which meets their expectations and needs BEFORE they join.

That seems to be the single biggest oversight made by new customers - they just don't do the necessary research to know what they're getting into.   Many go through the whole process of activation without even knowing there's no telephone support.

Fortunately, there's all of us to help guide them along!!!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@phleva 

A few months back, Public Mobile decided to look at updating the term used to describe the Moderators.

Hopefully soon, they'll formally announce their new titles so it better matches their respective roles.

See this thread for details and discussion on this consideration of a 'pending' title change:

"Moderator" Term Change Survey - Community (publicmobile.ca)

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

scammers always find new and creative ways to try to leech off of others and their earned money. I  cant stand when they call or email, yes its easy to hang up or delete message but it is very annoying. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 

When recieving a generic response from the moderators it has recently been signed off by:

Customer Support Agent

Community members may or may not remember that when they created their community accounts they were required to tick the box that they had read the community terms of service to complete their community profile. ( Which I did and have done so several times since then.)

The community terms of service is the first stickied thread on the landing page. Its the third stickied thread in the community board and has links to it several times in the first two stickied threads that explain the community to members.

I think pm has covered the bases when it comes notifying new members how the community works and what the terms of service are and explaining it in simple easy to understand terms. Some people are too dumb to be smart enough to read the instructions before they use something new.

Need Help? Let's chat.