cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Update and APN settings

Val_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The steps outlined below, to change the APN settings remain the same.  Once the APN settings have been completed customers will notice a slight delay accessing services whenever they perform  a power cycle, SIM swap, toggle between airplane mode, or when turning LTE on/off.  Customers may experience a 30-60 second delay accessing voice and data services on HSPA, and up to a 12 minute delay accessing LTE data service.  During the 30 second delay your device will display “No Service” in the signal banner area.

We recognize that there are still some issues, and will continue to work on improving the experience for our iPhone customers.

To access data, follow these instructions to change your APN settings:

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

iPhoneMMS.png

Good News: iMessage and FaceTime should work on all the plans which include Data and SMS feature

290 REPLIES 290

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the screenshot.  

Thats not how mine looks.  Below the APN, Username, Password, there should be another section titled "LTE Setup (optional)"  and then a 3rd section labelled "MMS"

Can u double check that LTE is enabled in the settings?  You need to fill out all the relevant fields under all 3 sections for LTE and MMS to work.  

MelissaRainbows
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

no it's 7 - I thot maybe that's what was up - I'm not at all computer savvy - should I just DL OS9?

MelissaRainbows

My iPhone 5s only shows the top 3 things (APN, Username, Password) not anything else, I'm not getting any DATA on my phone. I'm connected to my wifi cuz I'm at home on my iMac but when I'm out it says 3G...IMG_0028.jpg

imm1304

Hi @MelissaRainbows!

Is your iPhone running the current iOS 9?

MelissaRainbows

My settings - Cellular data only has APN, Username and Password

I have an iPhone 5s that I can not access my PM data on, it's just showing up 3G and I've inputted SP.MB.COM for the APN but nothing happens...

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If memory serves me correctly, the instructions provided by annieclaude1984 at 11:47 am EST are spot-on correct.

Best of success in installing the profile!

annieclaude1984

Hello, you need to take your phone with access to wifi then go on the website and figure it out.I know there is no specific instruction but in your iphone Safari browser, search unlockit.co.nz, and select Canada and Public Mobile.  It will generate a profile for you to install.  The profile will contain the correct APN, which I have just checked here:

http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/settings.php?id=1019

Hope that it helps.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

Please avoid disguised swearing.

Prior to signing up with Public Mobile, you no doubt noticed that it said that PM was in Beta. Beta is synonymous with unexpected problems, occurring at unexpected times. You took a chance by signing up during Beta; unfortunately, you encountered a glitch.

I explained PM's 48 consecutive hour policy to you. It applies to everyone.

You can either send a webmail to PM and wait until the problem is resolved, or you can stand on principle by sending nothing, in which case your problem will never be resolved.

The choice is yours.

toddmcauslan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

IMG_3633.PNGHere's a bigger pic, it said the follow instruction when there arent any....

toddmcauslan

Hi thanksIMG_3633.PNG for your reply but there are no 'instructions to follow' on this NZ site, pls see pic...??? 48 hrs without resolution of my data is no good. I use my maps and email for work outside of wifi service everyday and right now I can't do my job for 48hrs? exuse me but WTF

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

In the event that you are still unable to activate data usage, on what date and at time (EST) did you send a webmail to customer assistance? The policy of the community manager is that he will not become involved until you have waited 48 consecutive hours without a working solution provided. It's clear that a solution was not provided by PM, but it's unknown, from your post, when your communication with customer assistance first started.

Please advise.

Thank you.

annieclaude1984

Hello, with the Iphone 4 you need to do in order to fix the problem with the APN: 

With your Iphone 4 click on  http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/ and follow instructions.

Good luck!

toddmcauslan

Hi, I just purchased a 90 day cell, text and data plan and the data does not work. After emailing with PM they have't offered any useful solutions. Ive followed the steps to change my APN and all my settings are correct as indicated in troubleshooting and here in the community. I have an older unlocked Iphone 4 that has worked with many different providers with no issues, only now with PM. My account shows as 'active' and my credit card has been charged. Any ideas? Frankly, Im unimpressed so far.

3GIMG_3632.PNG

Rockdaddy22
Glad it worked out for you 🙂

ShaylynnH
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you so much! This was a lifesaver! 

Rockdaddy22
I'm on 6s changed APN everything works great

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Dudez2013, you should be able to change the default APN to sp.mb.com as in the first post.  Please check.

Dudez2013

I have same problem with this in my Iphone 6S. Anyone can advice?

Thank you

jgalpin580
Thank you!! 👌😄

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

It was great to read that all is OK now.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jgalpin580

I'm happy to hear everything is in proper working order!

Welcome to PM and the community!

jgalpin580
This table is pretty useful for me, iPhone 5S now works with my data for iMessages and this pleases me!! 🙂

aguyfromontario

No problem I've worked in the cellular field for years!

also feel free to give me a bravo and a valid solution for my post 😉

keep on chatting!

Rockdaddy22
Great news 🙂

Sunflower

Finally the problem is solved.

thank you very very very much!

Rockdaddy22
That should do it, keep us updated

aguyfromontario
On the iPhone open safari and go to ....... Unlockit.co.nz then select create apn then select Canada then public mobile... Then click create apn... Then install

Rockdaddy22
That's very strange, you should have all the options in settings. I'm off to work, hopefully someone else can help tonight. Hopefully by tomorrow we can get this solved.

Sunflower

My iphone5 is with  version 7.1.1. Should I update to the latest version9?

But I check my husband's telus iphone5 with the latest version 9 just now, the same thing , only has ' personal hotspot'

Rockdaddy22
I'm not sure, maybe someone else could be better help. I followed the steps from the 1st post in this thread and everything works fine. I'm using an iPhone 6s.
Need Help? Let's chat.