cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Update and APN settings

Val_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The steps outlined below, to change the APN settings remain the same.  Once the APN settings have been completed customers will notice a slight delay accessing services whenever they perform  a power cycle, SIM swap, toggle between airplane mode, or when turning LTE on/off.  Customers may experience a 30-60 second delay accessing voice and data services on HSPA, and up to a 12 minute delay accessing LTE data service.  During the 30 second delay your device will display “No Service” in the signal banner area.

We recognize that there are still some issues, and will continue to work on improving the experience for our iPhone customers.

To access data, follow these instructions to change your APN settings:

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

iPhoneMMS.png

Good News: iMessage and FaceTime should work on all the plans which include Data and SMS feature

290 REPLIES 290

Sunflower
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I use iPhone 5.  I only have the "Personal Hotspot" setting available .how can I do?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
What model phone do you guys have?

Sunflower

Same problem for me? Did you get the answers?

aguyfromontario
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Question? Has this been resolved? As my data seems to be working perfectly

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@annieclaude1984,

I'm very happy to hear that your service are not working properly! Enjoy PM! 

annieclaude1984

Hello, I fixed the problem with this APN solution : 

With your Iphone click on  http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/ and follow instructions.

Good luck!

Rockdaddy22
We've been trying to help you on the other thread.

linnnndddda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Data doesn't work on my iPhone for a month already,how can I cancel my service with public mobile? Is there anyone can help me?

annieclaude1984

hello, thank you for your answer I have the lastest update as of today

@annieclaude1984, If your iPhone is on is not running the latest version, You cannot edit APN at all

annieclaude1984

Hello, I can only change the APN for personal hotspot so....... I don't have access to my data plan I have an Iphone4

Rockdaddy22
Try following the steps from page 1

Rockdaddy22
This just fixed my data, thanks op

Chahnaz

I dont have internet  tethering in my ipone i have iphone 5c and the still not working what i do

Public Mobile is Forgetting to Add the Tethering info too.

If PPL wish to use their iphones as a Tethering hotspot, would be handy, Same for Windows, BB OS 10 Too

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

iMessage will work if 

a) you use your iCloud account as primary, and

b) you have a Data Add On.

That's my set up and it works fine. Will even default to sms/mms if the recipient is not on iPhone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Glad it worked out for you.

bigabee

God bless you. I didn't know how I was going to get the APN onto my iPhone as I was having the same issue but the website you mentioned worked!!! Hooray!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

DK

DK
To the users of i4 and data the issue has been discussed before. It has to do with being able to edit your apn settings and the fact that Apple doesn't usually let you do it. If you are on a i4 you will need to go to www.unlockit.co.nz using your safari browser on the i4 in question and download the settings using the apn setup prompt on the website. Once that is done your data will work with no issues.

Phil89

LTE data is still not working for me. 3G is working thou. I have gone thru the APN setting mention on the first post. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues? I own an iphone 5s.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gavran wrote:

Hmmmm..... I can't be more disagree with you. In my opinion, if PM officially accepts iPhone 4 they have to support this model in full. I never could get an official answer from PM that they will not support iPhone 4 model. If PM is a subdivision of Telus, I would not believe that there are no iPhone 4 customers using data on Telus network. For me it looks like PM does not want to give me, again, an official answer.

In case you didn't know, No Provider in Canada or the US Provides Support for phones they do not sell.

@Gavran,

Public Mobile is a prepaid telecom carrier and a bring your own device

They are not garrant of your phone.

The customer is responsible to ensure that his phone will be compatible.

Gavran

Hmmmm..... I can't be more disagree with you. In my opinion, if PM officially accepts iPhone 4 they have to support this model in full. I never could get an official answer from PM that they will not support iPhone 4 model. If PM is a subdivision of Telus, I would not believe that there are no iPhone 4 customers using data on Telus network. For me it looks like PM does not want to give me, again, an official answer.

For all iPhone users, you need to configure your APN to access DATA (internet) or MMS.

The problem is not Public Mobile.

Some iPhone 4 or older version cannot access this options.

The problem is those Apple products purchased by dazzled users who do not know what they are purchasing.

Apple invested so much in publicity to attract their customers.

Good luck Apple users !

Gavran
I have an iPhone 4, too. No data, no MMS. Asked PM many times, they could not resolve the issue and they don't seem to care about it.

Chetwyncalvert
My data won't work on iPhone 4....!!!!! Help why can't I speak to public mobile

justanormalguy

still  NO LTE ..

I have a Iphone 5S unlocked  here

got 3G no problems at all

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

^Bravo would have been appreciated

ceciliaj731