Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re sorry, we’re experiencing some issues

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We know some of you have been experiencing intermittent issues with our service over the last couple of weeks. We feel your pain and are working really hard to get these issues fixed as soon as we can.

In the meantime, we are all here to help! So if you have encountered any of the problems below, please follow the instructions to contact us and we’ll make things right.

1. If you are having issues with Activating a new Public Mobile account, follow these steps:

• Go here 
  • Click “Contact Us” 
  • Make the following selections:  

SIM & Activation > Activation > I activated my phone and SIM card in past 24 hours > I did receive an error message > Email Us

1. If you are having issues with Renewing Your Plan, follow these steps:

• Go here 
  • Click “Contact Us”   

My Account > Billing and Payments > My account is active > I know my current balance /     amount owing > I need help with a credit card payment online > Email Us

1. If you have beencharged an incorrect amount during activation, follow these steps:

• Go here 
  • Click “Contact Us”   

SIM & Activation > Activation > I activated my phone and SIM card in past 24 hours > I did receive an error message > Email Us

Last updated on 25/11/2015 

149 REPLIES 149

iamrichardflynn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks

@iamrichardflynn Good luck wherever you land. Man Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

iamrichardflynn

Please read my previous posts in full. 

I have emailed, Facebook PM'ed, tweeted, and I have twice accessed an actual human being from PM customer support by calling the company's owner, Telus directly.

As a result I have a mailbox full of instruction from The "good department" on how to navigate the website and reset my password....WHICH IS WHAT I CANNOT DO AND THE REASON FOR MY CONTACTING THEM.

How much more admonishing-yet infantilized can customer care possibly be?

I've been informed that PM support staff are now located in South America and have absolutely no access to account information for newly arrived customers since last February. They cannot pull up my month-old PM phone number on their own database....although my email address and PIN were still required for verification.

They even temporarily remotely reset my password with a generic public123 and it STILL DID NOT WORK. It was at that point that I asked for a supervisor and was informed the PM staff no longer have a supervisor.

No supervisor? Are you kidding me? 

So you guys are floating around at sea aimlessly? What the hell kind of a system is that?!!!

Hamster wheel tactics.I've twice offered to pay over the phone with a CC and they couldn't do it without access to the account.

Way to go for Telus' director of operations, PM site admin and web based automated billing tech....one whole week of emailing and calling customer support from THEIR OWN DEVICE and Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile has lost another paying customer- not through sketchy billing or inability to pay...through their own inability to see their own shortcomings it seems.

I think Telus is purposefully phasing out PM...a once highly regarded and fair mobile service provider through these hamster-in-a-wheel tactics. 

As proof I've taken liberty and recorded the call....I will post a link in a few minutes.

Telus will be going on blast soon and some CEO is going to be spilling his shrimp cocktail all over the newly polished deck of his Hatteras unless this gets resolved.

People are losing patience with companies like this.

image.pngjust screwed itself out of another image.pngcustomer.

image.pngimage.png

@iamrichardflynn Sorry but I didn't notice earlier that you said you had activated a Koodo account which could have activated a known bug. There is a good chnace that your PM account has actually been created even though you are still having these issues. One solution that has helped others is to reenter your Koodo account and change the email address for service, if you used that one in creating your PM account. Make a note of that Koodo account number in any emails you send to PM.

If you were also porting your Koodo number to PM that is also held up. However, you should still have Koodo service until the port goes through; try putting the Koodo SIM back into your phone. If you are hoping to retain your Koodo number that account must remain paid up until the transfer.

It would also be wise to check your credit card for any payments that may have gone through. If so, don't pay any more until your account is sorted.

Hope some of this helps.

@iamrichardflynn wrote:

image.png

I agree. This is not a Stock exchange, this is the Carrier of our Dreams, wishes, hopes, and our Wallets.

@iamrichardflynn If you haven't already done so, I suggest you read these posts:        We’re sorry, we’re experiencing some issues                   Multiple charge issue                    Risk Free Activation - costs $10             

As you have discovered PM support can only be accessed by email. Can't help you decide if PM value is worth the effort. Many of us have found it is. Good luck whichever course you choose.

iamrichardflynn

image.png

cmcrae
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

posted new subject...look for it under phone dead for two days

@cmcrae Sorry but I can't tell from your post what is going on. It is buried in a long thread. I suggest you begin with a new post with your own Subject line and include answers to the following:

- are you new to PM and trying to transfer your old number to PM? If yes, were you with Koodo or PC Mobile?

- what make/model phone are you using?

- what plan did you select?

- when you log into your self serve account what is the status (active or suspended), what is your plan, are you paid up?

As far as what you can do,

- have your tried your old SIM to see if it is still functioning?

- can you live with a temporary number until this is sorted? If yes, install fongo.com app and make calls with wifi connection.

cmcrae

Phone is still down. Its been more than 24 hours. Is this being worked on? Any progress to report?

What can I do? I need phone service asap. Missed important call yesterday.

Great. She certainly knows who to call for tech support, plus you'll get a referral reward! Smiley Wink

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Its actually going to my grandma 🙂

Just had another thought after pressing "Post". Namely, what's happening with your old phone? Someone in the Community may be interested since we all know it connects, or you could consider this: Donating phones to shelters for battered women

@Rockdaddy22 That should be all you need do; just pop in the current SIM and follow any set up that appears. The APN seems to be setting automatically sometimes but you should check.

Rockdaddy22
I'll be getting the 6s tomorrow, is there anything I should know or be aware of before I switch the sim from my old phone. This new phone is unlocked direct from , I'm thinking just change the apn settings?
Thanks
Scott

@cmcrae You do not need a new SIM. Read this post:        Re: need help! No service on phone             

cmcrae

I see online that Public mobile is changing. Do i need a new sim card or is my curent phone and plan still good to go and issue is just a problem. How long has this been going on and what is eta of it being fixed?

@cmcrae I know you are justifiably frustrated but please do not repost your problem. See my earlier response.

cmcrae

I am experiancing huge issues with my phone. Cant even text....ughhhh. So frustrating. I need my phone. Can you tell me the issues your having and when they will be resolved. I am in Ontario is this a province wide problem? If this persists can a refund acceptable?

@ChrisFern Really a pain Smiley Mad

Next time around you could begin with my favourite method: Risk Free Activation - costs $10

In any case, good to hear you haven't given up on PM.  We'll all be interested to hear how your next attempt unfolds.

ChrisFern

Thanks  Chuckdefatey, I called Visa and had them reverse the charges. Was easier than I thought, but now they canceled my card and I have to wait 5-10 business days to receive a new one. Inconvience much?

Anyways, I have a second SIM at home, but I think I'll hold off on getting it activated until this **bleep** storm passes. 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Like I said before in your other thread. Get in touch with your Credit Card Company before this issue has a Further Financial Impact on you. Tell them what happened.

ChrisFern

Its been just about 2 weeks now and with the AMZINGLY slow email response time fom you guys I am still 480$ in the whole due to your registration problems. I have emailed several times and all I have is "we have made a ticket for your probIem". There isn't even a ticket number I can use to refer to when I try and email again? I want to do business with you, but how do I trust a company that can't even respond to one of its customers with in a resonable time.

I am very disapointed. If you are going for the whole "community helping each other" business plan, you should at least have a place that serious money related problem can be addressed with a live Customer Support. 

@kad If you completed the activation procedure your SIM has likely been registered as "activated".  Since you went through twice, it seems likely you also made a payment; you should check your credit card records to confirm that. If you have done that and tried the SIM in your phone to confirm there is no service then you must follow through with an email to PM as outlined in Moid_I's post in this thread.

It would also be worthwhile to try rebooting your phone, toggling airplane mode off/on, and removing the SIM & battery for a few minutes then reinstalling. The Community may have some additional suggestions if you report the results of these tests, your phone make/model, and the message you see with your PM SIM installed.

PM's responsiveness is slow compared to phone support as you know from readiing their web site. However, in the few months since I joined they have, in the course of a few days, resolved each person's issues.

kad

this is very dissapointing,i have tried to activate more than once,and putting all my info in once is already time consuming enough,if this is not resolved soon I'm going to try a different company,im very upset,please resolve this in the next day. 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@TroyDaBes

I couldn't agree with you more! We are trying are very best to squash these issues as fast as possible.

Thank you for your patience, it is much appreciated!

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This issues is really hurting Public Mobile future customers. A lot of people would like to try this services are holding off because of this. Hopefully, it will be resolve quickly. 

Rockdaddy22
Thank you, I'll try right now. I really need this service by Sunday night when I go to work.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for placing this under featured topics.

Need Help? Let's chat.