Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re Partnering with Mobile Klinik

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi Community, 

Are you in need of a phone repair? We know at some point almost everyone is. That’s why we’ve launched a partnership with Mobile Klinik to offer you a discount on any phone repair you might need.

Introducing Mobile Klinik:

Mobile Klinik is Canada’s fastest growing professional smartphone and tablet repair company. 

Mobile Klinik Repairs include:

• Screen replacement 
  • Speaker and microphone repair 
  • Charging and Battery repairs 
  • Camera repairs or photo retrieval 
  • Software updates 

Most repairs are done while you wait — in under 60 minutes. They even have a lifetime guarantee on their repairs. *Terms and conditions apply. 

To find out more about Mobile Klinik, repair options and special offers, visit our website.

We hope you are as excited about this partnership as we are! 

- The Public Mobile Team

49 REPLIES 49

Shipwreck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Computergeek541, Telus also owns Public Mobile, hence Telus also owning Mobile Klinik means it's a partnership of subsidiaries of a parent company.

I called them right after Telus announce they had purchased the company. I had an iPad that I was checking to see what $$ I could get the screen replaced for. Yes they do iPads but no they couldn’t get a replacement screen of suitable quality for my Air 2.

Air 2 has a laminated glass/digitizer/LCD that either has to be all replaced at once for fairly Big Bux or a more time consuming repair by someone with the required equipment to de-laminate and relaminate the parts together.

That was the end of that!

AE_Collector

@RosieR wrote:

@Catherine_T this is a good addition to PM services.  Some of us get attached to our mobile phone and we treat it as our personal buddy (what? I'm the only one? lol).  So for me, so nice to know that there are a couple of Mobile Klinik stores in downtown Toronto.  😊

Unless there is a specific reason to repair a device such as there being information/content that needs to be recovered, many lower-priced devices or devices that are a few years old are not worth the prices needed to be paid to repair them. While parts can sometimes be inexpensive for such older devices, most customers are not going to want to perfrom the repairs themselves. The amount charged for a 1 hour of labor charges can often make repairs for such devices unfeasible. 

@Korth 

Hey the cheap $40 RCA phone that i bought as a temporary stop gap for the bf actually holds the record for the longest lasting phone in the bfs hands.....6 months minus 7 weeks of use of two other now defunct phone victims of the bf. He didnt really kill it either it just wouldnt turn on one day.

@RosieR wrote:

Some of us get attached to our mobile phone and we treat it as our personal buddy (what? I'm the only one? lol)

I have my reliable manly sidekick (a rugged awesome Cat S61) in a manly "tactical phone holster". Hacked, rooted, upgraded, modded, customized. One of my prized nerd toys.

And I have my cheap RCA RLTP6066 which is frustrating and slow and clumsy and looks like a flimsy awkward slippery glass victim just waiting to happen. In an ugly cheap universal case. I hate it. Always thought of it as a "disposable" phone. But it simply refuses to die so I'm still stuck with it. Sometimes work is too brutal for me to take along my hardened ruggedized protected good phone, lol.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T this is a good addition to PM services.  Some of us get attached to our mobile phone and we treat it as our personal buddy (what? I'm the only one? lol).  So for me, so nice to know that there are a couple of Mobile Klinik stores in downtown Toronto.  😊

@Catherine_T 

If Klinik can offer reasonably priced repairs that can further extend the lifespan of a device and help reduce the overall carbon footprint of our devices in the disposable society we live in I'm all for it.

@Thom20 

You can get a free diagnostic for your bizarre calling issue on your samsung galaxy S8. If they can figure that out I would recommend their services like no tomorrow!

Now if i could only convince Outdoor Tech to make a cell phone for the bf all my mobile phone issues would be solved! If they could get someone to fix their walkie talkie app even better......

@computergeek541 wrote:

That's a very good question. How are these repair services specific to Public Mobile members?  Are they doing Public Mobile sales there? Will Mobile Kilnk being providing Public Mobile customer service?

Public Mobile just started doing all of that with their pilot CPO phones (and warranties), fully preconfigured to work with Public Mobile. So I'm guessing they're trying it out "in house" for now, unwilling at this time to officially assign the task directly to their Klinik (or to anyone else).

Telus bought the Klinik chain and is apparently dumping money into renovating the brand and business model. But they can always choose to sell it off later if their investment doesn't work out or pay off as intended.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thank you, PM. I hope one never needs such a service but good to know that a reliable repair option is available. 

@popping wrote:

Are they selling PM SIM card?

That's a very good question. How are these repair services specific to Public Mobile members?  Are they doing Public Mobile sales there? Will Mobile Kilnk being providing Public Mobile customer service?

How is this a partnership?  Mobile clink is owned by Telus. I realize that Public Mobile is allowed to advertised for whomever they wish on this website, but all I see is some $10 discount if I click on the link.

Well selling Telus and Public SIM cards only would be an asset in 2 ways. 

1. Telus and PM availability of SIMs

2. Comfort feeling to return to Mobile Klinik. 

@LurganIeUk 

It looks like they only do phones - buy, (re)sell, trade, and repair phones.

No SIM cards, no activations, no plans, no promos, no payment cards.

But Telus "acquired" Mobile Klinik. Telus has already started incentive offers through Mobile Klinik. Telus has already announced plans to "more than double [Mobile Klinik's] existing footprint of 81 stores". So it seems obvious Mobile Klinik will evolve into a retail presence for Telus/Koodo/Public at some point, though the third-tier (Public Mobile) stuff will probably be underemphasized.

It's worth noting that Telus hasn't completely absorbed Mobile Klinik. It's still a standalone business. It can still accept business from customers who subscribe to competing carriers. (And it can even refurb/resell phones which customers originally purchased from other sources or other carriers.)

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/warranty-repair-phone-tablet-other-devices

https://mobileklinik.ca/telus-business-customers/

https://mobileklinik.ca/telus-buys-smartphone-repair-chain-mobileklinik-in-bid-to-help-keep-churn-do...

Will this be a new retail option to purchase Public Mobile Sim cards?

I see that they are coming out to the west coast.

5B0A0D62-61C9-4BFA-BE01-D14AAA1F000C.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rbcam wrote:

Please consider partnering with phone repair companies operating in other parts of Canada, not just the Windsor/Quebec corridor.

Phew. I'm not the only one. @rbcam : try expanding the range. They do appear to be across the country.

rbcam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please consider partnering with phone repair companies operating in other parts of Canada, not just the Windsor/Quebec corridor.

As a previous commenter noted, it appears that Mobile Klinik does have locations in my city (Vancouver). It's just that the store finder on their website is broken.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great.  Mobile Klinik has store in Calgary Market Mall and Sunridge Mall.

It is nice to know where they are.  But I do not need their service as I repair my phones and anything electronics.  I have hot air SMD rework station.

Are they selling PM SIM card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's useful for folks west of Barrie and east of Montreal. /s

Not much excitement here.

Edit: I retract my sarcasm. popping made me look deeper. I first tried typing in my city. Nothing other than Toronto/Montreal. I type in Calgary and gave it 500 km range. Oh look...there's my city. hmm. Type in my city with 500 km range. Oh there it is. Shrug.

Need Help? Let's chat.