cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: New plans launching on April 23rd

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective April 23rd, 2019, the following price plans are being offered.  These offers are available for new and current customers.

Plan details:

$30 for 1 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 2, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

$40 for 2.5 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 10, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 2 GB of data at 3G speed

$45 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 10, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 4 GB of data at 3G speed

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan that you want.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan that you want. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This offer is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our help article here.  

What happens if these plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of these plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the plan you selected even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

Why is this change being made?

The decision to introduce these rate plans was made with respect to market dynamics.

223 REPLIES 223

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@TheGx I have confirmed the DYI $25 1GB plan is now gone

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Klane wrote:

@Waelallison & @BEER 

Freedom LTE+3G 9.5GB Promo

9.5GBfor$43/mo.†

• 3GB fast LTE + 6.5GB 3G speed data with no data overage fees!

• Unlimited Canada-wide talk 

• Unlimited global text

•  
  • Or $50 9 GB LTE Usa Roaming plan

Plus they have a million locations and call center to help  and you can get a New free phone 

That is much more for Less than PM

OK ..you like tons of DATA ..and like to be tied down to a contract... . because perhaps you don't have WIFI at home and you want to watch 1 or 2 HD movies when your camping. But the key question is if you can get a better deal elsewhere why do you bother with PM ?

Pizzaeh

@troyfy wrote:

When I try to switch plans, there's nothing in the new plan box. This seems to be with any plan i choose. Is this a glitch?

Clear browser cache, different browser, incognito mode.  Is it still blank?

troyfy

When I try to switch plans, there's nothing in the new plan box. This seems to be with any plan i choose. Is this a glitch?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Homely wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Homely wrote:

I’m new here. I got the $15 plan that ‘includes unlimited incoming’ calls, but it doesn’t!! My usage says I used 53 minutes, but I only used 12 minutes outgoing, and 20 incoming??

That's very interesting because a lot of people here would like to know if the incoming minutes are unlimited or not.  You said your usage says 53 mins used but you have only used 32 in total?  You know the usage is counted in seconds, so 1 min 10 seconds would use up 2 minutes in total of plan minutes, however, that doesn't explain the discrepancy between the plan being offered and what you are seeing. 

I'm hoping one of the moderators, maybe @Alan_K  can let us know exactly what the new $15 plan features are?

Hello, if you're looking for the unlimited incoming calls feature on your $15 plan and don't have it, it's because this feature was added as a 'new plan'. Meaning you'll need to change your plan to the new $15 plan; you can do this by an immediate plan change or on your next renewal - hope that helps!

Thanks for the response @Alan_K  and for confirming the updated new $15 plan does have unlimited incoming minutes.  Hopefully, whatever glitch that wasn't showing the unlimited incoming minutes in the plan details has been fixed.

Thanks @Alan_K , but I just checked and my plan and it is still not corrected - the ‘glitch’ is still there. I even tried the suggestion to ‘change plans’ but the $15 unlimited is not even showing as an option? Really staring to question my decision to join PM, when they advertise a plan that they don’t seem to deliver.

@HomelySorry to hear the account usage is still showing misleading information about incoming minutes, however, I wouldn't worry too much (unless you can't make calls after 100 incoming/outgoing threshold), because @Alan_K is an employee and has confirmed the unlimited incoming. 

Also if you already have the updated $15 plan then I wouldn't think you could do another plan change to the same plan.

Homely
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dabr wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Homely wrote:

I’m new here. I got the $15 plan that ‘includes unlimited incoming’ calls, but it doesn’t!! My usage says I used 53 minutes, but I only used 12 minutes outgoing, and 20 incoming??

That's very interesting because a lot of people here would like to know if the incoming minutes are unlimited or not.  You said your usage says 53 mins used but you have only used 32 in total?  You know the usage is counted in seconds, so 1 min 10 seconds would use up 2 minutes in total of plan minutes, however, that doesn't explain the discrepancy between the plan being offered and what you are seeing. 

I'm hoping one of the moderators, maybe @Alan_K  can let us know exactly what the new $15 plan features are?

Hello, if you're looking for the unlimited incoming calls feature on your $15 plan and don't have it, it's because this feature was added as a 'new plan'. Meaning you'll need to change your plan to the new $15 plan; you can do this by an immediate plan change or on your next renewal - hope that helps!

Thanks for the response @Alan_K  and for confirming the updated new $15 plan does have unlimited incoming minutes.  Hopefully, whatever glitch that wasn't showing the unlimited incoming minutes in the plan details has been fixed.

Thanks @Alan_K , but I just checked and my plan and it is still not corrected - the ‘glitch’ is still there. I even tried the suggestion to ‘change plans’ but the $15 unlimited is not even showing as an option? Really staring to question my decision to join PM, when they advertise a plan that they don’t seem to deliver.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Homely wrote:

bar0460

@zork1984 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

The $25 plan is with 1GB is now gone (both officially and unofficially). There is currently no way to get this plan, whether as a ready-made plan or through plam builder.

I am so glad I switched when it was still available.  Today PM completely removed this 1GB option, so if one needs a bit more than 250MB, the only choice is $35 plan for 1.5GB, which is not great.  Instead of competing with Lucky Mobile at $25 PM chose to attract with extra 3GB.  I don't get this, some people like me would want sub-$30 plan with moderate data, not more data (fact that I moved from Koodo $35/3GB to PM $25/1GB because I am not close to using that amount of data).

Public Mobile is clearly not happy with Bell to initiate such a predatory offer.

zork1984

@computergeek541 wrote:

The $25 plan is with 1GB is now gone (both officially and unofficially). There is currently no way to get this plan, whether as a ready-made plan or through plam builder.

I am so glad I switched when it was still available.  Today PM completely removed this 1GB option, so if one needs a bit more than 250MB, the only choice is $35 plan for 1.5GB, which is not great.  Instead of competing with Lucky Mobile at $25 PM chose to attract with extra 3GB.  I don't get this, some people like me would want sub-$30 plan with moderate data, not more data (fact that I moved from Koodo $35/3GB to PM $25/1GB because I am not close to using that amount of data).

Alan_K

@dabr wrote:

@Homely wrote:

@TheGx wrote:

@KlaneI haven't tried newly activating the DYI $25 plan yet, but I will with everyone I refer in the future, and I'll post if the DYI $25 plan is still available too, I already helped switch lots people the $25 special plan when it was still available last month.

TheGx

@Klane wrote:

@TheGx wrote:

@zfx wrote:

Just in case if anyone is still interested in getting this $30 plan, today is the last day to sign up. 

Capture.JPG

Spoiler
(Maybe PM will bring back the $25 plan? Smiley Tongue)

Thanks, but I'm more interested to see when these plans are discontinued and what new plans are offered, like hopefully they bring back cheaper plans like the $25 plan that was exactly the same as this $30 plan that ending today - it's harder to refer people to Public if they keep raising prices and not giving the $25 referal rewards, but I still do my best to refer everyone I can.

Did you try the DYI method of getting the 500 + 500 $25 plan

@KlaneI haven't tried newly activating the DYI $25 plan yet, but I will with everyone I refer in the future, and I'll post if the DYI $25 plan is still available too, I already helped switch lots people the $25 special plan when it was still available last month.

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@kselmak  The OP stated they were newly signed up to the plan but are not receiving unlimited minutes as advertised in the plan features.  Some of us have future dated to this new plan and were hoping this wouldn't turn out to be an error, but if you're plan was honoured I'm  hoping it'll work out for us too.  But as @Homely has said that's not how the new plan is working, so hopefully a moderator can fix this before there is more confusion.

yes i think they meant me

i guess they really meant newer plan, bacause i just went over this with my relative who is not very happy about not having incoming free

it took me some time to explain that this is newer, just couple of days old, this is her first cycle with 15 pland and she's not even done yet and newer one is already out.

kinda hard to tell when it's just called new as the 'old' one is pretty new too:)

Maybe, just maybe, @Homely activated the $15 plan 'before' the system was ready to include the unlimited incoming calling.  Hopefully this won't happen to too many people.  

I believe the OP signed up today, this plan became available yesterday afternoon when I future dated to it.. apparently one of the Oracle's has experienced the same issue as @Homely .

@kselmak wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@kselmak  The OP stated they were newly signed up to the plan but are not receiving unlimited minutes as advertised in the plan features.  Some of us have future dated to this new plan and were hoping this wouldn't turn out to be an error, but if you're plan was honoured I'm  hoping it'll work out for us too.  But as @Homely has said that's not how the new plan is working, so hopefully a moderator can fix this before there is more confusion.

i guess they really meant newer plan, bacause i just went over this with my relative who is not very happy about not having incoming free

it took me some time to explain that this is newer, just couple of days old, this is her first cycle with 15 pland and she's not even done yet and newer one is already out.

kinda hard to tell when it's just called new as the 'old' one is pretty new too:)

Yes it is confusing the first $15 plan was still up yesterday until it was replaced yesterday afternoon..your relative may need to future date to the latest one, however, right now that isn't working as advertised.  Have to wait for mods to sort it I guess!

Pizzaeh

@kselmak wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Maybe, just maybe, @Homely activated the $15 plan 'before' the system was ready to include the unlimited incoming calling.  Hopefully this won't happen to too many people.  

@dabr wrote:

Homely

@dabr wrote:

@Homely  as @Klane has suggested it might be a good idea to private message the mods, click on the envelope icon in your community post and tag Moderators_Team and explain the problems you're encountering with the new plan.  Response time can be anywhere from an hour to two days depending upon how busy the moderators are.  Another thing to do is maybe pay for either the 200 or 400 add-on minutes which never expire, that way you won't run out of minutes if the moderators cannot immediately respond to you.

Thank you, will do.

Pizzaeh

@Homely wrote:

Sorry, as I said in an earlier post I’m new here, and just getting the hang of the system. Thank you for confirming the new $15 includes unlimited incoming calls. Now, can you explain why I am not getting it?

Want to confirm what you're seeing, incase someone else runs into the same issue.  Is this according to your usage history?  Where are you seeing you used 12 minutes outgoing and 20 minutes incoming?  Still, that doesn't add up to 53 minutes.  Where are you seeing 53 minutes used?  Would be good to get details so people know where to look.  Could be that you're one of the first to activate on the new $15 plan and for some reason it didn't include the unlimited incoming.  As @dabr and @Klane said, contact the mods to get it sorted out.

To see your usage history, after logging in to your self-serve account, click 'Plans and Add-Ons' tab, then click  'Usage History' tab.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Homely  as @Klane has suggested it might be a good idea to private message the mods, click on the envelope icon in your community post and tag Moderators_Team and explain the problems you're encountering with the new plan.  Response time can be anywhere from an hour to two days depending upon how busy the moderators are.  Another thing to do is maybe pay for either the 200 or 400 add-on minutes which never expire, that way you won't run out of minutes if the moderators cannot immediately respond to you.

Klane

@Homely  send a PM to the mods, they will get it fixed.

Homely

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@Homely not sure who you're replying to.  When replying it's a good idea to either tag that person (list their handle) or click the black Quote button (to the right)

The $15 plan has been confirmed to include unlimited incoming calling.  

Edit: tagged the wrong person.

Sorry, as I said in an earlier post I’m new here, and just getting the hang of the system. Thank you for confirming the new $15 includes unlimited incoming calls. Now, can you explain why I am not getting it?

Klane

@bar0460 wrote:

@Klane wrote:

@TheGx wrote:

@zfx wrote:

Just in case if anyone is still interested in getting this $30 plan, today is the last day to sign up. 

Capture.JPG

Spoiler
(Maybe PM will bring back the $25 plan? Smiley Tongue)

Thanks, but I'm more interested to see when these plans are discontinued and what 

Fyi I have just confirmed you can get this $30 plan for $25 if you build it yourself... how do ya like that for a deal announcement !

That's all well and good but when I log in to any of my accounts and try to change the plan via the build your own plan button, the page continuously times out.

Try another device, it will work.

Pizzaeh

@Homely not sure who you're replying to.  When replying it's a good idea to either tag that person (list their handle) or click the black Quote button (to the right)

The $15 plan has been confirmed to include unlimited incoming calling.  

Edit: tagged the wrong person.

Homely

Not sure what I’m missing in your post, or why you replied, or if you misunderstood my post : I signed up for the $15 new plan. 

@dabr wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Homely wrote:

Another Oracle was using one of these plans and tested things out and noticed that incoming calls did not count.  Either way, since Public Mobile has advertised the plan as including incoming calls, it should be honored.

My feelings exactly, the plan should be honoured as advertised.  I'm wondering if the glitch is because the original plan didn't have the unlimited feature and that is what has caused this issue.

This is a new plan

You are not automatically moved to it you have to switch to it

I had 500m for 30 and when 500+500 for 30 came along i had to switch

It was honored as advertised

So now they have new even better 15 plan

Celebrate!

Homely

C564A808-0225-47F8-8C8E-4404AF3CC04B.png16E877D8-A9BA-4DC1-ADDB-C6B250DF77A3.png

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Homely wrote:

Another Oracle was using one of these plans and tested things out and noticed that incoming calls did not count.  Either way, since Public Mobile has advertised the plan as including incoming calls, it should be honored.

My feelings exactly, the plan should be honoured as advertised.  I'm wondering if the glitch is because the original plan didn't have the unlimited feature and that is what has caused this issue.

@dabr wrote:

@Homely wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.