Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

Hi @jivetalker, great to know.  Happy New Year

@karen77 wrote:

I have trouble redeeming that, too. when I first tried to redeem that 10 days ago by texting back, it responded" We encountered a temporary system issue... try again later..." So I tried again 2 days ago by replying "YES" in text, and then NO response at all. When I checked my account today, no add-on is found at all. I am confused. Is there a problem or is it a real reward?

@karen77   There were some glitches in getting the holiday gifts added to the account earlier in the month but they were mostly resolved and you should have received those gifts by now. 

Try texting YES once again to the 4911 shortcode and if you don't get an instant response confirming that the gifts have been added to your account, or don't see the gifts in your account, then you need to immediately contact customer support as today is the last day to have those gifts added to your account for existing customers.

Here's couple of links for customer support.  First try to submit a ticket via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option if unsuccessful with the chatbot is to send a private message to CS_Agent here:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jivetalker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wonderingstars 

The CSA added the holiday gifts quite quickly yesterday for me.

@wonderingstars 

You should submit a ticket today without delay as today is the last day to get them added manually by the CSA's.

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector : By default. My Settings/Preferences/Linear Layout for your curiosity. 🙂

I’m not sure what you are saying? If I change to linear layout it isn’t 200 pages long?

AE_Collector

@wonderingstars wrote:

My dad finally received the text message on December 23, 2021 and replied with “yes”, but the data/phone isn’t showing up on his account. Any solutions? 

You didn’t indicate if he almost instantly received a text back confirming? If so… I would give it some more time. Earlier in the month they were numerous days behind. But if no text reply you will have to contact a CSA. Instructions are in posts on almost every page of this topic.

AE_Collector

HI @wonderingstars   no worry, still have time to get it done

Just open a ticket with PM and let them know what happened, PM Support will then add it back for you

To open ticket with PM:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

karen77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have trouble redeeming that, too. when I first tried to redeem that 10 days ago by texting back, it responded" We encountered a temporary system issue... try again later..." So I tried again 2 days ago by replying "YES" in text, and then NO response at all. When I checked my account today, no add-on is found at all. I am confused. Is there a problem or is it a real reward?

wonderingstars

My dad finally received the text message on December 23, 2021 and replied with “yes”, but the data/phone isn’t showing up on his account. Any solutions? 

@AE_Collector 

Lol just in time.....wasnt someone taking wagers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector : By default. My Settings/Preferences/Linear Layout for your curiosity. 🙂

There it is…. Topic Page number TWO HUNDRED.

Happy New Year everyone…..

AE_Collector

Explorer2728

Just received the reply to my ticket that the promo has been added. Perfect gift as a backup.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rinki 

New customers will have add-ons automatically added to their accounts within 1 week of activation. 

read the Terms & Conditions More is merrier (publicmobile.ca)

HI @Rinki , yes, you don't need to do anything and they will apply the bonus for you.

I think the official words is within 10 days, but some confirmed that they got it in 2 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rinki : You don't need to do anything. The gifts will appear automatically in a few days.

Rinki

I have activated the sim yesterday. And I still didn't get the festive sms for 2gb data. today is last day for the offer. do any one know how I can activate this offer if I didn't get the email yet.

@Explorer2728 

Have you checked your private messages?

Explorer2728

I did not receive any message. Submitted the ticket yesterday but did not hear from them. Just sent a message YES to 4911, just in case.

sdoxsee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Submitted a customer service ticket. Thanks for the assistance. We'll see.

sdoxsee

She's been with public mobile for years. Not sure what the issue is. It worked for me last week for my own account

@sdoxsee wrote:

It's for my wife's account. It's still not listed even though she replied yesterday to the text from public mobile

@sdoxsee  - is she new in the last week?

If so, the terms do say 'applied within 1 week". So maybe it is just a waiting game OR, if over a week, I would submit the ticket.

I am sure CSA has lots of tickets about this...but she is entitled to these addons nonetheless.

sdoxsee

It's for my wife's account. It's still not listed even though she replied yesterday to the text from public mobile

@sdoxsee wrote:

Got this text

Hey, it's Public Mobile. To get you in the spirit of the season, we're giving you a free one-time gift of 2GB of data and 500 international long distance minutes.Reply YES to instantly apply these add-ons to your account. Redeem your free gifts before Dec. 31. More info at publicmobile.ca/holiday. To be excluded from Public Mobile offers and deals, reply STOP. Conditions apply.

Replied YES but never got a response and data hasn't been applied

@sdoxsee  - Did you check your Self Serve account to see if these 2 items are now listed in your Overview section?

Do that first. Then, keep checking today, they may still show up.

If after today, they do not show up, submit a ticket with Customer Support by either these methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

sdoxsee

Got this text

Hey, it's Public Mobile. To get you in the spirit of the season, we're giving you a free one-time gift of 2GB of data and 500 international long distance minutes.Reply YES to instantly apply these add-ons to your account. Redeem your free gifts before Dec. 31. More info at publicmobile.ca/holiday. To be excluded from Public Mobile offers and deals, reply STOP. Conditions apply.

Replied YES but never got a response and data hasn't been applied

@HALIMACS wrote:

@henrythibodeau7 wrote:

Hi. I applied for the one tine gift of 2gb before the deadline of Dec 31st and it is not on my account yet. I applied the 29th with a yes. thanks

@henrythibodeau7 

You did all you need to do.

To be sure, take a screenshot of the offer and your "yes" reply.

You should see the promotional items in your self-serve details within a week or so.

(EDIT:   better yet, follow @computergeek541 advice below -- i didn't want to push the CSA contact until perhaps several more days had passed and you STILL hadn't seen the items)

I'm making the contact a CSA suggestion only because the add-ons are supposed to come right away.

jivetalker

@henrythibodeau7 

I didn't get a reply from 4911 either so I just sent a private message to customer support with all my account details and I had the gifts added to my account within 1 hour yesterday I suggest you do the same.

jivetalker

I was going to reach you this whole thread but holy cow 198 pages maybe not.

jivetalker

This was great news! I squeaked it in last year to get the holiday gifts and squeaked it in again this year. I didn't get the text nor did I get a reply when I texted for 4911 but I got a very quick reply when I contacted customer support yesterday. And in no time at all the CSA had added the holiday gifts to my account. Thanks public mobile! Happy New Year!

@henrythibodeau7 wrote:

Hi. I applied for the one tine gift of 2gb before the deadline of Dec 31st and it is not on my account yet. I applied the 29th with a yes. thanks

I would suggest sending the YES message again to 4911.  The add-ons are suppose to arrive immediately. Some have had success after repeating that procedure.  If that doesn't work, pleae open a ticket to a customer support agent by opening the following link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.