Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

grantt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

$35 plan.  Shows  3GB at 3G Speeds....

The 500MB autopay data should be there very quick.  What plan do you have ?

At My Account, Overview Tab, My Data & Add-on , there should be a line about data, what is it showing there now?

grantt

Thanks for the reply.  Also have not received the bonus 500MB for auto-pay yet either so hopefully that will all come as well ..

@grantt  new activation does not need to receive the text and reply.  They will automatically add the one time bonus data and  bonus long distance within couple days.  I would wait another 2 days.  If still not see it in My Account, then open ticket with PM support 

grantt

Is this promotion still rolling out?  We enrolled/activated two phones on the 13th, but neither have received the text message...wondering if we need to do something particular to get this?

@patelashwinp wrote:

Hi,

I signed up for the extra 2GB data + 500 mins long distance. I was wondering which countries can I can call, the message didn't provide a list. Can I call India?

Also I have 2GB of data from last year as well, but last month when I used up all my data it didn't begin using the 2GB instead. Am I using this incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for the help!

@patelashwinp  - Yes India is included:

International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

Calls must originate from Canada.

EDIT, sorry missed your 2nd statement there...the 2GB from last year is supposed to kick in after the Plan Data is used up.

Not sure why it would not have been.

Can you see any of the 2GB used up on your Overview section of your Self Serve account?

patelashwinp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I signed up for the extra 2GB data + 500 mins long distance. I was wondering which countries can I can call, the message didn't provide a list. Can I call India?

Also I have 2GB of data from last year as well, but last month when I used up all my data it didn't begin using the 2GB instead. Am I using this incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for the help!

@koalacare82 wrote:

Hi, just tried to reply to 4911 and received following msg;

Public Mobile: Looks like you've reached the maximum number of purchases allowed, so no changes have been made to your account. Don't worry, you haven't been charged for this attempt.

@koalacare82 

That message should mean the two Holiday 2021 giveaway addons are already listed on your account.

I just tried texting YES to 4911 (and I already have the addons on my account), and got your exact message:

esjliv_0-1639614678630.png

If you have not created a Self Serve account yet to check your Overview area for these, register for one here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Then, hopefully they will be listed.

It not contact CSA's to inquire about this by methods provided by @HALIMACS 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-More-is-Merrier-is-back/m-p/7588...

Yes, absolutely no strings attached. Minutes and GB do not expire from renewal to renewal until you use them all up.

Enjoy!

anmariedillion8

The gift is free! You will have access to your one time gift as long as you stay with Public Mobile.  If you don't use it up this month that's ok as these mins and gbs do not expire.  They've been giving this gift for at least 2 years and it has been very helpful in keeping connected through the holidays. Please not that not all countries can be called using those extra minutes and only the following can be called Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

Click yea and enjoy your gift!

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just one condition... stay with Public mobile until you have used up this 2GB data and 500 int'l minutes.... call it an obligation ... your choice.

@MouBen   no obligation, it is a little something PM gives to every customer for the holiday.  They have been doing this for 3 years and hope this will be a tradition here 

enjoy the freebies

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MouBen wrote:

I received a text message tellling that you are giving me  a free one-time gift of 2GB of data and 500 international long distance minutes. Is this offer free of any obligation ? Thanks

@MouBen   Absolutely... just say YES to the text.

Edit:  PM has given these free holiday gifts to all of their customers for the past 2 years.

MouBen

I received a text message tellling that you are giving me  a free one-time gift of 2GB of data and 500 international long distance minutes. Is this offer free of any obligation ? Thanks

@darlicious wrote:

@yen 

The minutes can still be used across Canada if you are on the $15 plan or you can use them for test calls like the 3/1400 minutes I have used. Or if you get bored you can wish random people Happy New Year when the clock hits midnight in their country!

@darlicious 
I have used 12 of my 1400 minutes! I must have 4 times as many friends in other countries as you do!

AE_Collector

yen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes I also did it thank you a  lot!

yen

Thank you for the info!

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A little Googling should answer the question.

011 + 47 + Local Number

Country Calling Codes - How to call Norway from Canada

@yen   Calling Norway from Canada

011-47-(phone number) 

yen

True, planning to see in my contacts who is abroad now. It's been too long since the last time I made an international call, can you please just give me an idea as per how to make a phone call to Norway? I think that example will help me to send good wishes all around the world 😉

@yen 

The minutes can still be used across Canada if you are on the $15 plan or you can use them for test calls like the 3/1400 minutes I have used. Or if you get bored you can wish random people Happy New Year when the clock hits midnight in their country!

yen

Well, even though I won't be able to get the benefit, I have to recognize it is a nice initiative. Thank you for that and thank you community for your promptly answer, really appreciated

@moraggunn 

It should make no difference if you are calling a landline or mobile number unless the customer you are calling has limitations on their own phone plan.

@yen 

Unfortunately pm does not have a negotiated contract to call El Salvador. Only the countries listed under the holiday gift add on and the additional countries in the $15 add on list along with Macao and Taiwan are included.

Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

khietan

Well, maybe I need to do hardworking on our community and then something can come at lucky day🥲

Thanks 😁

yen

Is there any chance you could include any other country of our choice? I dont see in the list El Salvador. 😞  Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

First your plan data will get used up then it'll dig in this 2GB bonus. 

Then on the renewal your plan data will renew and usage of this 2GB will stop and will start again once the plan data gets used up.

2GB will not expire until it is all used up.

moraggunn

Great news and I'm particularly thrilled about the 500 long distance minutes to the select countries indicated. Please confirm that 500 minutes means 500 minutes regardless of what country (on the list) one is calling, and whether to land line or mobile phone, provided it is to one of the included country codes?

murpharator

ok thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@murpharator 

your gifts Christmas state until used all and no expiry,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

@murpharator wrote:

It does it automatically right? 

@murpharator  Yes, it does

Need Help? Let's chat.