Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

sunflowergarden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everyone will and has different interpretations of this offer.

As I have said before the biggest problem was using the word "instant"

All marketing communications are reviewed or should be before being implemented at the customer level

This is just simply a technical and marketing mess up. 

Hey I'm currently looking for a new position, marketing leadership and consumer brand experience, hire me. 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth : lol you've been here longer than I have so you know it has ever been thus.

sunflowergarden

I am talked to them via private message,

I am in Ontario.

@Anonymous wrote:

The 4911 text and the marketing do say instant. That would lead one to expect them instantly. Alas. It's not a perfect world.

Hm, this is true. The phrasing is clumsy and ambiguous - it's obviously written by somebody thinking about things in Telus Big Corporate Dinosaur terms, it's obviously going to be read by people thinking about (assuming) things in consumer terms.

You'd think that PM would have learned to be more careful and precise with their wording after so many years of having them misunderstood and challenged by so many customers.

And you'd think that PM's customers would have learned to be more understanding after experiencing so many of PM's badly-worded offers over the years. One would even think, if one were a thoughtful (and, dare I say, a patient) person - that quickly perusing through the mountain of nearly identical conversations in this forum might offer some insight into things.

People think the squeaky wheel is the one which gets the grease.

Where I come from, the squeaky wheel is the one which gets replaced.

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth it says instant. 

I can't seem to find "ignore" Maybe a mobile thing. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth : The 4911 text and the marketing do say instant. That would lead one to expect them instantly. Alas. It's not a perfect world.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin wrote:

It's a shame you can't block users here.

You can block users here. That is, you can't block them from making posts, you can block their posts from appearing on your screen (when you're logged in). Just click on the offending user profile and click "Ignore".

Or you can click on the offending post and click "Report Inappropriate Content", fill out the little complaint form (spam, harassment, etc), allow it to escalate to higher authority. Their judgement is final, you may or may not like the results.

PM already has staff (and Oracles) to police this site on their behalf. And community guidelines to help define "appropriate/inappropriate" behaviour. Don't be surprised if one of them moves segments of this conversation into an obscure little corner.

PM never promised to give gifts immediately, only "before December 31st". Read their announcement post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DennyCrane : They're just an added bucket for your list of add-ons.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Can these be stacked on last year's unused bonus holiday data/LD minutes? Or will these replace my old ones?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@eajhealy Only when you receive the text message from PM regarding the Christmas bonus. I replied last week and didn't get it until today. Just wait for a bit.

@barndoor 

I don't know about that....other than my recent glitch in my private messaging I have had many simple support requests resolved in less than 10 minutes from a private message first being sent to the review link being sent by the CSA.

On average most requests can be resolved within an hour if you send all the info needed...but yes I have had a few "fights" on my hands that took persistence and a couple of days to resolve but on a phone I probably completely lost it and said something I would regret.

I needed the help the other day rebooting a new wifi tv box as my equipment didnt match the examples on the screen and nothing logical was working. I was on hold listening to that horrible telus tune over and over again for just over an hour and then nearly another hour with tech support after rebooting and getting it back up and running.

I then spent another half hour sorting out an incomplete service call because the repair guy showed up 2 1/2 hours early for our scheduled appointment resulting in the bf handling it without knowing everything that was involved that required the service call in the first place so only half of the job got completed.

Top tier providers and their call centres are not all they built up to be....and the price you pay for that extra customer service. Mind you my new replacement box that has been missing for two years because the previous repair guy didn't have a replacement in his truck did finally arrive on my doorstep two business days later ...and so it should for what I have paid for home tv/internet service.

You don't always get for what you pay for and too often it's a fight to get just that. With pm even from the very beginning I have recieved far more than what I pay for so I certainly am not going to complain because pm's holiday gift roll out has been quite the disaster nor will I bad mouth them because of it.

I will say this as I have before....glitches and all.... I love my mobile provider! Thank you pm!❤😃

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Confirmation text just came in on my "main" account, after first receiving and replying to the original message on Sunday. Self-serve shows the add-ons present now. (Along with my community award-today is a good day!)

So in theory it should show up on the other phone at some point without any further action. (Other than the original "YES" reply...)

@softech wrote:

I am actually glad that PM is using SMS to notify customers and have them response to get the gifts.   Some users missed the gifts last 2 times as they are not frequent Community visitors and they weren't even aware of this.  With this change, there is pretty much 0 chance that they can miss this time (except for those who decided to block PM's text  🙂 )  

PM has tried several approaches - automatically apply the gift(s), require account login to purchase free add-ons, reply to text, etc. But there's always a few unhappy folks - didn't want their kids to access data, couldn't login in time because Self-Serve site was always down, never got the texts, blocked the texts, etc. It's just impossible to please everyone all the time - so I think PM shouldn't have to go too far out of their way to make unreasonable efforts and I agree with you that this is the best (simplest and most direct) approach for PM to take. People who have problems replying to the texts can still open a ticket with stupidbot or the CSAs. People who don't squeak into the closed door shouldn't complain after it's already been held wide open for them a full month.

@eajhealy wrote:

PM says say YES to the promo of 2G and 500 international minutes for December. I don’t know where to say YES.  HELP!!!

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

@Anonymous wrote:

I just can't get over how ungrateful people are as shown by the impatience over all this. What are we?...3? They're freebie gifts! Wait for it all to unfold! You'll get them!

Incredible.

Just a FOMO 😨. Still looking for any other reasons people are going crazy with grocery shopping even when they have to pay a bit more for it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eajhealy : You need to wait for a text from 4911 and reply to that.

Dolphin1

You will receive a text by Dec 15th.  Reply yes for the bonus.

if you do not receive it by then contact customer service for assistance.

@sunflowergarden wrote:

I am on the $40.00 plan and my bonus did not post automatically.

I had to talk to customer service and get them to add it manually to my account. I have two more lines to check for the text tomorrow.

I don't think there is much of a pattern that I can see. Who gets it and when, or if..

@sunflowergarden 

In which form did you “talk” to PM. 

ON phone

BY text 

BY private messaging 

???

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just can't get over how ungrateful people are as shown by the impatience over all this. What are we?...3? They're freebie gifts! Wait for it all to unfold! You'll get them!

Incredible.

eajhealy

PM says say YES to the promo of 2G and 500 international minutes for December. I don’t know where to say YES.  HELP!!!

@Anumnasir wrote:

I didn't get a text message for the holiday rewards. Has everyone gotten it yet 

You should get it sometime before Dec 15th. If not, the CSA's will fix you up.

2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

Anumnasir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn't get a text message for the holiday rewards. Has everyone gotten it yet 

barndoor

@rossputin wrote:

@sunflowergarden 

I had to talk to customer service and get them to add it manually to my account.

PM has a customer service line?  I thought the entire point of PM was that they didn't, thus savings.

The customer service is  available online .  I think the savings are generated by the the work the volunteers here do for next to nothing .  The actual  customer service interaction time on line seems like it would take just as long as with a phone in system . 

barndoor

@sunflowergarden wrote:

I don't think there is much of a pattern that I can see. Who gets it and when, or if..

Sure seems like distance from head office plays a role .

rossputin

@sunflowergarden 

I had to talk to customer service and get them to add it manually to my account.

PM has a customer service line?  I thought the entire point of PM was that they didn't, thus savings.

sunflowergarden

I am on the $40.00 plan and my bonus did not post automatically.

I had to talk to customer service and get them to add it manually to my account. I have two more lines to check for the text tomorrow.

bluejaywpg

@darlicious wrote:

@J_PM 

Your reply implies that customers experiencing the glitch will recieve a second text that assumingly will work correctly this time. Is that the intention?

Will it include a little bonus for those of us that had to wait? Like an extra 1GB?😁

Shhhh!!! We can keep a secret.....promise we won't tell a soul!

Oh boy now we're talking! No wait, no talking because we must keep a secret!!! I promise I won't tell either, especially if it includes a free upgrade to the next level of service... 😉

Asher2

Got the text today, and replied YES to text. I got the free data instantly basically. Right after I got the reply text I checked self serve and it was there.

On the $15 plan, however I’m in Southern Ontario, so that may change things.

189500C0-7FD2-4614-8520-4753FBBABFB1.jpeg

@Nezgar wrote:

@NDesai It's "affecting" me in Saskatchewan too... (2x $15 plans)

May be you're closer to the West than East, calculate the distance 😁

@softech wrote:

Someone said it is affecting $15 plan more.. but Jads said affecting other customers as well.

No, it is affecting those on other plans including me on the $25 and other Oracles on grandfathered $40 plan. So far, I only know people in the West side having this issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.