cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] Black Friday deals are here! Don’t miss out - 2GB recurring data bonus*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting November 16 to December 1 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month of free service on any plan, plus 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off SIM card, when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by December 17 using the promo code:2GBBONUS to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by December 17 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus, plus one month of free service on any plan.
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $60 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

149 REPLIES 149

@PawDo...You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. See if it can be added now.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@PawDo wrote:

I just signed up on public mobile. I missed putting in the Black Friday promo deal. 

@PawDo   If you activated on $35+ plan, then just submit a ticket via chatbot bubble bottom right of page and ask for the 2GB bonus data to be added to your account. 

PawDo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up on public mobile. I missed putting in the Black Friday promo deal. 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Kristowhy 

Nice catch....no one mentioned that.

@CountyDownIeUk 

Time to stock up!!

Looks like max is 2 per order.  

Has any one done multiple orders?

I bought 2 sets of 2 cards. Each set of 2 on a different day. 

First set arrived today. Order shows delivery by Canada Post AND has a UPS tracking code. Just got an email a few minutes ago....was laying in middle of porch.....lazy UPS...how about a bell ring or door knock? They probably didn’t go up all the stairs and gave the envelope a little fling. 

Edit....first driver a contractor and neglected to get a signature. 

...........second driver, second delivery, our regular, knocked on door, and signed my wife’s name for her. 🤪

Never the less.. am pleasantly surprised at the speed of delivery and communication along from start to final delivery. Good job PM. 

It was filled by Archway, Unit 10, 21 Aero Drive, Calgary....close to airport. 

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have been (mostly) happy with public mobile. Came looking for a Black Friday giveaway for current customers and 👎.  Oh well, suppose I should be happy for any newcomers.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : It's been my sorta "joke" observation for a while that this place is like the minor leagues training camp for marketing types. Then people might get promoted up to the big leagues...or move on.

@Anonymous wrote:

It's just the frequent mis-wording that comes out of the marketing department. I keep offering my services but no takers so far 🙂

Honest, first small typo here or there is ok (not good.. but at least acceptable).. those dates being wrong everywhere is very bad.. PM is not a small firm but owned by Telus.. Where is the Corporation image?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Yes...and then Jade clarified that to the 17th.

I would suggest they turn around some wording in the first paragraph of the announcement offer:

-----------

Starting November 16 to December 1 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month of free service on any plan plus 2GB of monthly recurring bonus data when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS. Also, BOGO free SIM card.

-------------

It's just the frequent mis-wording that comes out of the marketing department. I keep offering my services but no takers so far 🙂

Kristowhy

@softech wrote:

@Kristowhy wrote:

A friend of mine is now looking to move away from PC Mobile (just ordered the SIMs online) to PM and the $15 plan.  Would they still need to send the email for the promo code (by Dec 1) to take advantage of the "free month" credit?  Or will simply activating by/before Dec 17 be enough?

TIA

I would suggest so.. just in case

btw, if your friend is porting from PC Mobile, please remember:

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

Ok, thanks @softech.  They already sent the email for the promo code and I will let them know about the number porting process as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kristowhy :

Get a month of free service when you enter your email below until Dec 1. Plus, get 2GB of free monthly data on any plan $35/mo+ using the promo code 2GBBONUS.

How to get the offer: Submit your email below and activate with the same one by Dec 17.

So it would seem that you're right to conclude that the free month would be for any plan. But you still need to enter the email address AND activate using that same one.

The 2GBBONUS promo code is for the other continuing running promo.

@Kristowhy wrote:

A friend of mine is now looking to move away from PC Mobile (just ordered the SIMs online) to PM and the $15 plan.  Would they still need to send the email for the promo code (by Dec 1) to take advantage of the "free month" credit?  Or will simply activating by/before Dec 17 be enough?

TIA

I would suggest so.. just in case

btw, if your friend is porting from PC Mobile, please remember:

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

Kristowhy

TIA

@Kristowhy wrote:

@softech wrote:

@Kristowhy 

this is the response Jade posted publicly last night

@J_PM wrote:

Hi @softech 

It’s December 17th to activate.

Thank you,

Jade

Ok, thanks @softech .

So I assume then that the "free month" credit of any plan will still happen up until Dec 17th?

I guess one needs to send the email to get the promo code by Dec 1 but then have until Dec 17 to do the activation?

@Kristowhy   I think that is the idea.. 

BUT.. .the email is not clear either:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Dec-1st-or-Dec-17th-for-2GB-Black-Fri...

Luckily , if anything goes wrong, PM usually very good in applying bonus back as long as we have all the proof.. while we do here.

Kristowhy

@softech wrote:

@Kristowhy 

@J_PM wrote:

Hi @softech 

Thank you,

Jade

Ok, thanks @softech .

So I assume then that the "free month" credit of any plan will still happen up until Dec 17th?

I guess one needs to send the email to get the promo code by Dec 1 but then have until Dec 17 to do the activation?

barndoor

@J_PM wrote:

Hi @softech 

Thank you,

Jade

Good on PM to take into account the shipping time  for sims !  👍

To bad it makes it confusing when a reason  for doing is not posted.

@Kristowhy 

@J_PM wrote:

Hi @softech 

Thank you,

Jade

Kristowhy

Wondering if @J_PM  or others can chime in here...

On the website and in this thread is states from Nov 16 to Dec 1, yet in the details section it says until Dec 17. 

Does this promo (free month credit and/or 2GB bonus data) end on Dec 1 or is it Dec 17?

TIA

Kristowhy_0-1637940132977.png

@Pawprints1986  Koodo Bright Friday deals started off weak when I said that on my post HOWEVER they seem to be getting better. Yesterday & this morning (For certified phones at least). Lots of phones keep getting added for $0 upfront and $0 tab payment. (Depending on what tab people have (small, mid, plus).  Some new phones also the price has changed. I scored a "Like-New" condition Samsung Galaxy S20 5g before they went out of stock for $0 upfront and $0 tab payment. 💯% free phone 😁. Ya Ya I know 24 months you have to stay with em for it to be free but ordered off my work phone account and I don't pay that bill lol.

Maybe PM will change some of their phone prices since Koodo has done twice now in last 24 hours. 

If anyone has a Koodo account or knows someone that does and is not ordering a phone. Good time to ask them if they will order a phone for you off their account if you need one. Just pop your PM sim in. 

Enjoy Black Friday shopping weekend & Stay Safe!

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jb456 Decided to look at koodo since you said that, and you're right they're pretty bad. Also noticed data add ons don't even exist over there, at all. It used to be your plan needed to have some data to add more but that's not even there now! Wonder if too many were trying to add data to the similar as here "starter" $15 plan, to essentially create the $25 1gb plan from here, but as post paid and with roaming available. Hmm 🤔

seirin90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Jade

Thanks for the clarification. 

I noticed zoomer wireless is giving away 2GB for the holidays. I saw it on a forum. Maybe Public mobile will follow suit.

Hi @seirin90 

It will be the 3rd month. 😊

Thank you,

Jade

@J_PM 

Thanks for the update on the date. Is it safe to assume it's the usual second month free credit terms and conditions?

Edit:

Third month credit as per the post below....

Hi @softech 

Thank you,

Jade

bluejaywpg

@rossputin wrote:

Lol @bluejaywpg . You beat me to a similar post.

How closely do PM decision makers watch the forums?  My impression is not much as I haven't observed changes based on our whining?

The only way to affect decision making from cell companies is to legislate it. They have demonstrated that they don't give one iota about what we say as long as there's a virtual oligopoly. Why I can get cheaper (& better) cell service in tiny Iceland than in Canada, when literally almost everything else in Iceland costs about double what it costs in Canada, is otherwise beyond me.

If the decision makers are watching the forums, they are making a "what not to do" list from our whines. That would explain why I am not a banned user for my occasional rants. 🤣

@bluejaywpg 

The sim card discovery is thanks to @Kristowhy 's eagle eyes on the main website.

bluejaywpg

@darlicious wrote:

@bluejaywpg 

You missed the free month credit and now there is half price sim cards with a BOGO free.

OK thanks for reminding me of the free month, but I will argue (not trying to be **bleep**) that that's still 1 deal (with 2 parts). 1 package deal, in other words.

As for the 50% off SIMs - I didn't see it in the OP so I guess it's in a separate post that I did not see while I was checking announcements?

@seirin90 

Ok I went looking and couldn't find any extra terms for the free month credit. So as long as you register your email and activate on the same one then it should follow the usual terms of it being applied within 30 days of activating. It's never the first month....you have to activate and pay first to be eligible.😁

@J_PM 

Terms and conditions of the free month credit? Am I missing something here?

@seirin90 wrote:

Is it first month free or second or third month that's free? They mention one month free but didn't specify which month is free

It's usually the second month of service that's free....not the first month.

rossputin

Lol @bluejaywpg . You beat me to a similar post.

How closely do PM decision makers watch the forums?  My impression is not much as I haven't observed changes based on our whining?

Need Help? Let's chat.