cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] Black Friday deals are here! Don’t miss out - 2GB recurring data bonus*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting November 16 to December 1 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month of free service on any plan, plus 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off SIM card, when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by December 17 using the promo code:2GBBONUS to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by December 17 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus, plus one month of free service on any plan.
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $60 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

149 REPLIES 149

seirin90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it first month free or second or third month that's free? They mention one month free but didn't specify which month is free

@jib_tech 

Whatever it takes....congrats on the Cha-ching!

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kristowhy 

Thanks for the heads up on the cheap sim cards.

@J_PM 

Thanks for adding the free month credit. That was the push I needed to convince my friend to switch. Cheers! Cha-ching!

@bluejaywpg 

You missed the free month credit and now there is half price sim cards with a BOGO free.

bluejaywpg

I'd like to know - what are the other Black Friday deals that are here before Black Friday (since you said dealS plural)??? This post mentions only ONE deal, & it's the exact same deal that has been offered in the form of flash sales for literally months!

Hopefully, with Black Friday being tomorrow, there will be deals plural, with at least 1 for existing customers! And I'm still game to increase my plan if PM comes out with the right deal for EXISTING customers, like I tried to do about a year ago with a deal that came out, but couldn't because PM ended it early, on the morning of the last day of the deal. (Hint hint, PM...)

@simon3046 

The data should be added within 72 hours but there have been several reports of both the data and the bonus referral credit not being applied despite the referral code and promocode being entered at activation. Wait the full 72 hours and contact customer support then for the CSA's to apply it.

The free month credit will be applied within 30 days ( I have to double check that...) If you dont see it applied by day 28/29 you can again contact customer support. But usually a new customer will update this thread when they have it applied to their account. In the past this has usually occurred 5 days after the promo expires which would be around the first day of winter.

Edit:

Are you not signed up for autopay? You will get the $2 reward + the 500mb of bonus data.

simon3046

I have signed up with $35 new plan but still waiting for the 2GBBONU & one month free service.  I have checked into my new account over 48 hrs yet nothing shown in my account yet. At the moment I am still on the 2.5GB only.

Please make adjustment on my account. 

Thanks

New signed in customer

Kristowhy

@KattVarjeal wrote:

Hi, my husband and I are currently with Public mobile on $25 plans. I am wondering.... if we switch to a $35 plan would we be able to get the bonus 2GB black friday offer applied?

Thanks.

The details on page 1 clearly state the promo is for new customers. 

Kristowhy_0-1637874492200.png

But I do think allowing that would be a great way of increasing the ARPU from previous customers!

Kristowhy

@Kristowhy wrote:

Let's not forget that SIM cards are 50% off ($5 instead of $10) and PM also includes a bonus free additional SIM card, so you get TWO cards for $5.  Also note that shipping (Canada Post) was provided FREE of charge as well.

I just picked up a couple of cards for $5.65 total!

Update:  Just received my two SIM cards delivered via UPS.  Fast!!

KattVarjeal

Hi, my husband and I are currently with Public mobile on $25 plans. I am wondering.... if we switch to a $35 plan would we be able to get the bonus 2GB black friday offer applied?

Thanks.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech wrote:

The earliest Black Friday promo every seen.. was it since July?  

At least it's great that 2GBBonus still alive..

This made me laugh... 🙂

I admit, I thought something similar.  It's a good promo imho, just, nothing special at this point.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM wrote:

Hey Community, 

Starting November 16 to December 1 at 11:59PM EST, 

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by December 17 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus, plus one month of free service on any plan.

@J_PM  is that Dec 1 or Dec 17 ? 

we see Dec 17 on the site , user put in the email address and got the email saying Dec 1

Dec 1st or Dec 17th for 2GB Black Friday Promo? - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@Kristowhy wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Kristowhy wrote:

Let's not forget that SIM cards are 50% off ($5 instead of $10) and PM also includes a bonus free additional SIM card, so you get TWO cards for $5.  Also note that shipping (Canada Post) was provided FREE of charge as well.

@Kristowhy 

Did you create an account first or log into your account first or did you did you use the PayPal option to buy?

@CountyDownIeUk, no I did not log into or create an account.  I just filled out all of the field info...shipping address, email etc and then paid with CC.

Hmmmm I just ordered to in basket (cart) and direct to PayPal. 

Kristowhy

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Kristowhy wrote:

@Kristowhy 

Did you create an account first or log into your account first or did you did you use the PayPal option to buy?

@CountyDownIeUk, no I did not log into or create an account.  I just filled out all of the field info...shipping address, email etc and then paid with CC.

I started here:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/sim-card

Then clicked on checkout button, followed by filling in the fields and paying with CC

@Kristowhy wrote:

@Kristowhy 

C441465A-4492-444D-826E-8D89118478CD.jpeg

Kristowhy

@Korth wrote:

Maybe PM could offer the +2GB incentive to existing customers who upgrade from $15/$25 plans to $35+ plans. But otherwise they have little to lose and nothing to gain.

You are definitely on the right track here with this.  Every carrier is always looking for the highest ARPU possible and incenting those on the bottom tiers to move up is a good strategy!

@darlicious wrote:

@Kristowhy 

To clarify : if your friend uses your referral code they get the $10 bonus referral credit and you get the $1 reward.

If they activate online according to the terms and conditions of the promotion and use the promocode 2GBBONUS when activating on a $35+ plan they will get 2gb of bonus reoccurring plan data and a free month credit.

@Kristowhy 

So your SIM costs you $3 rounded off.....you give a free SIM to friend. After 3 referral rewards from friend you break even and after that, you  are a 💰money💵 making machine. 😀

Kristowhy

@darlicious wrote:

@Kristowhy 

To clarify : if your friend uses your referral code they get the $10 bonus referral credit and you get the $1 reward.

If they activate online according to the terms and conditions of the promotion and use the promocode 2GBBONUS when activating on a $35+ plan they will get 2gb of bonus reoccurring plan data and a free month credit.

Thanks @darlicious ...yeah forgot the $1/month for myself.

Looks like a very good deal for the new folks.  Fingers crossed 🤞some more specials come about for us existing folk during the holidays!

@Anonymous wrote:
and for Existing Customer nothing will provide 
public mobile have to provide special deals for existing customer,

Why does PM "have to" provide more?

There's nothing stopping existing customers from abandoning their existing accounts and signing up new accounts if +2GB is so valuable to them.

Maybe PM could offer the +2GB incentive to existing customers who upgrade from $15/$25 plans to $35+ plans. But otherwise they have little to lose and nothing to gain.

@Kristowhy wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Kristowhy 

Nice catch....no one mentioned that.

Right now the main PM site page says "Plus, get 50% off your SIM card when you purchase online today."  However, when you go to buy the SIM online it automagically adds the second card for $0.

I played with the quantity of purchase $5 and free $0....it will only let you get one max for free. 

Try tomorrow or in an hour??

Just bought 2 for $5.60 and free delivery. 

@Kristowhy 

@Kristowhy 

Yes, that's all correct!

Start referring! 

Kristowhy

I am looking to do some referrals but want to fully understand this offer here.  Looking for clarification...

So if I refer a new customer and they use my referral code, they can get a free month or service on ANY plan or if they get a $35 and up plan they get the bonus 2GB data plus a free months AND the $10 referral credit as well?  Or does the the $10 referral credit not applying in this situation?

TIA

Kristowhy

@darlicious wrote:

@Kristowhy 

Right now the main PM site page says "Plus, get 50% off your SIM card when you purchase online today."  However, when you go to buy the SIM online it automagically adds the second card for $0.

@darlicious wrote:

@Kristowhy 

@CountyDownIeUk 

Time to stock up!!

Looks like max is 2 per order.  

Has any one done multiple orders?

@Kristowhy 

@CountyDownIeUk 

Time to stock up!!

Kristowhy

@darlicious wrote:

@hairbag1 

Nice! Rewards since joining public mobile : $725😃!!

That's free money. Why would anyone want to stay with Roger or Bell and keep paying instead of getting money back. I don't get it. 🤔

Need Help? Let's chat.