Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,597 REPLIES 5,597

SeniorCitizen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dmbcanada1867 wrote:

Would be interested to switch, where do we find out about the $19 unadvertised plan?   It would be easier than switching carriers. 

I assume you mean the $21/$19 plan as per pic? Advertised but not available to existing customers?

IMG_0424.jpeg
Would be nice if this 3GB plan was offered to EXISTING customers. I know I would stay at PM if I could be on this plan. Let’s face it, the $15 plan has been under attack a few times and once again some of us are on a $15 LEGACY plan. When will we be squeezed out of it and when will the 3G sunshine date impact on the $15 plan? Would make sense to offer this 4G plan (non $15)  / 3 GB data vs lose customers. I think this plan should be offered to existing customers only and not new customers. It would look like PM was doing something for us unhappy customers due to the change in rewards. 

dmbcanada1867
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would be interested to switch, where do we find out about the $19 unadvertised plan?   It would be easier than switching carriers. 

@dmbcanada1867 wrote:

dmbcanada1867_0-1716901175093.png

Lost the following:

-$2 Auto Pay
-$5 Loyalty
-$1 Referral

Previous month $19.21 with tax,  This month $28.25 with tax.  

@dmbcanada1867 

You should consider switching to the unadvertised new $19/month for 1GB LTE data.  Then your cost plan will be very similar to previously with legacy rewards.  

Actually, all grandfather old $25 plan 1GB 3G users should switch to this new $19 plan.  

marcnoel

Now, if you stay with that $ 25.00 plan, you will get $ 1.25 points back after payment, and if your referral stayed, it should show up.  You will also get 10 points for your anniversary.

Separately, you could also switch to the $ 19.00 plan that has 1 GB, and save $ 6.00, minus 30¢ less in the 5% back.

@Ruby8 wrote:

This is the plan I have but no discounts were applied for May. Do I have to wait a year for an anniversary discount even though I've been with Public for over 5 years?

@Ruby8 

With the points system, customers will get 10 rewards points once a year on your anniversary date of their sign up.  You can check your anniversary day in your PM mobile app, under profile section.  

dmbcanada1867

dmbcanada1867_0-1716901175093.png

Lost the following:

-$2 Auto Pay
-$5 Loyalty
-$1 Referral

Previous month $19.21 with tax,  This month $28.25 with tax.  

Alawski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I hear you. Frustrating. However, you might want to revisit plans right now. I just went from 40GB CDN-only to 50GB CDN & US 

Ruby8

This is the plan I have but no discounts were applied for May. Do I have to wait a year for an anniversary discount even though I've been with Public for over 5 years?

Koot7

Absolutely a screwing, thanks for nothing public!

ManikalBC

Finally got around to seeing the new rewards page now that I've been forced to switch over, and it's such a joke. What absolutely largely useless rewards. The 240 GB of time limited data is still a massive joke too. Majorly disappointed. 

marcnoel

For those who are willing, please specify your plan, the price, and a breakdown of your previous Rewards when commenting about a dramatic price increase, so that we can see your figures and calculations.

It is puzzling when someone says their payment increased from $ 8.00 to $ 400.00, but doesn't show their math.  Maximum loss is $ 5.42/month (averaged over the year, and excluding taxes), unless referrals left.

@marcnoel wrote:

If anyone out there has the $ 57.00/90-day plan with 9 GB total data allotment, please post a screenshot of the plan details.

Although I don't have a screenshot as i'm not a in process of activating a new account, the plan includes 9GB.  This is fully confirmed.  Unfortunately, incorrect information was provided earlier.

marcnoel

Referrals and Community discounts remain the same.  Only changes are a max $ 50.00/year ($ 4.17/month) loss for Loyalty, and $ 1.25/month for AutoPay, totalling $ 5.42/month averaged over the year.  Any referrals may not have shown up yet.

Your monthly bill would have had to be less than $ 5.42 per month to have more than doubled.  It may be too early to know if you lost any referrals.

shin703

wow, I am now paying more than twice what I was paying before, wtf... I guess I'll have to switch to another provider. That really sucks

marcnoel

Years ago, I kept encountering cell plan offerings that gave unlimited long-distance for $ 5.00 a month (or something like that).  It appeared to be a good deal, but then I realized that was only if you use it.  I ended up getting a calling card instead.  Over six years, I paid $ 75.00 US for it, as I had to top it up every year to keep it active.  In that time, I used about $ 3.50 in calls.  A similar thing applies now.  There are some great deals around, with lots of data, and US calling, but they are worthwhile only if those aspects are used; otherwise, the person ends up just wasting their money.  There are higher data amounts and US calling offered by other carriers, but for the same or a greater price than PM.  It appears that (currently) I still have my referrals after the switch, so, between those, the 5% back, and the 10 anniversary points, my bill is low enough to warrant staying, as I don't need lots of data or US calling.  If you have any referrals now, remember that you will lose them if you leave.  I recommend checking around to see if it is worth it financially to port out.  Someone may leave now because they're mad, only to realize that PM was the best deal, but now they can't get the deal back, because they lost their referrals.  It depends on whether price is the bottom line.

I am not saying all of this to keep anyone here.  I am trying to save people from wasting their money.

marcnoel

I did not remove it.  PM did.

You will get 5% back from any payments, plus 10 points per year on your anniversary date.

It is not as good a deal as it was, but it's still cheaper than elsewhere.

Ivy619626

Totally agree with you. I lose $6+ taxes. The plan is Not worth the money.  I am thinking to?switch to no name mobile 

Sasho

No it is not a better deal, I am losing 7$ a month plus 13% taxes on top of the 7$ because you removed the loyalty and auto pay. So in recap, we going to screw you over get more money from you, and you going to give us applause and smile 😁😁😁😁😁 scammers.

marcnoel

I've gone back-and-forth and up-and-down with data over multiple plans since September 2015.  At the rate I'm going, with how little data I seem to use, I'm going to be selling it back to the company.

marcnoel

If anyone out there has the $ 57.00/90-day plan with 9 GB total data allotment, please post a screenshot of the plan details.

marcnoel

Please bear in mind that we are trying to show you this is a BETTER deal than you think.  It's for your benefit, not ours.

marcnoel

Think about it.  Does it make sense that it would be a WORSE deal?

I have a similar plan.  The offering was 20 GB for $ 29.00 over 30 days, but if you opted for 90 days, it was $ 25.00 every thirty days.  I paid $ 75.00 for 90 days, and got 60 GB up-front.  If my plan followed your reasoning, then it would still be 60 GB for 30 days at $ 29.00.

20240526_205914.jpg

@BestNickname wrote:

Then how do you explain point 4 in the fine print?

All 9GB of the plan gets assigned to the account at the start of the 90 days.  The $57 90 day plan is coded as including 9GB.  Upon selecting the $57 plan, the website and app indicate that 9GB is included.

BestNickname

Then how do you explain point 4 in the fine print?

@BestNickname wrote:

No, I believe it really is 3GB for 90 days given this

BestNickname_0-1716775547879.png

Please do not continue to spread false information.   The $57 plan without a doubt includes 9GB of data per 90 days.

BestNickname

No, I believe it really is 3GB for 90 days given this

BestNickname_0-1716775547879.png

@BestNickname wrote:

It's 3GB every 90 days. You need to read the fine print at the bottom of the page. It's pretty sneaky, I agree.

That's not correct.  The $21 plan is 3GB per 30 days, and the $57 plan is 9GB per 90 days.

BestNickname

It's 3GB every 90 days. You need to read the fine print at the bottom of the page. It's pretty sneaky, I agree.

marcnoel

You're right.  It's worse than it was.  It is, however, still a lower price than other carriers.  If you're on a $ 15.00 plan, you'll get a total of $ $ 1.58 in points per month, averaged over the year (.75 per month for the 5% back, plus 10 anniversary points per year, which is .83 per month).  Plan price ends up at $ 13.42 per month, for either the 100 outgoing minutes and 250 MB, or unlimited Canada-wide and no data.  Other carriers are $ 15.00 or more, with different data offerings.  If you can believe it, Chatr charges 70¢/minute for voice-mail retrieval.  I'm not sure how they collect, since it's pre-paid.

cdhollis1

Big whoop! A point seems to equate to $1. I WAS receiving the equivalent of 7 points per month plus an additional point per month on each anniversary! The new program sucks!

Need Help? Let's chat.