Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,597 REPLIES 5,597

HI @Radiant1 

you didn't lose your referrals.  The $7 will show up as 7 points after renewal.  You just need to check Rewards transaction within 1 or 2 days after renewal

Radiant1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

True, the loyalty credit was 5 dollars a month for me… so it WAS 60 dollars a year. But now with the new and improved point system, you get a whopping 10 points a year. Meaning a net loss of 50 dollars a year. No wonder most did not volunteer to switch. I’ve also lost all my referrals. If you read between PM’s lines: “As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program” , “continuously evolve” actually means “make more profits from”. 
Time to start shopping around. 

marcnoel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You DO get 10 Points on your anniversary date, 5% back from payments, and Referrals/Community remain the same.

marcnoel

Great news that you got the $ 57.00/90-day option!  In comparison to the old $ 25.00 1 GB 3G plan, that's a 24% decrease in price, and a 200% increase in data.

It would be appreciated if they would clarify the 90-day option when first offering, so as to alleviate apprehension or anxiety on the customer's part.  This whole switch ordeal has been bad enough.

Jenvin1

I was the one who got a text offer of $21/month for 3GB data at 4G and was wondering if I could switch to 90 day plan at $19/month that was available for new customers.  Since the offer said the new plan will be activated at next renewal and I had more than 20 days left in current subscription, I replied YES knowing that I could cancel at any time before renewal date activation.  That was 3 days ago and today to my surprise the new plan showed up on my account as upcoming plan with $19/month for 90 days option to select.  I wasted no time to select that option, so my plan will be renewed at $57 for 90 days.  I am happy with this development though initially I was thinking to port out to Freedom Mobile but was a little hesitant about reliability of their coverage as compared to PM.

I am sure many of existing customers who were on $15 plan and paying half of that amount may have received similar offer but they are not active here in the community forum.  But if you were on a higher plan, you may not get this offer as PM will not want you to downgrade the subscription.

I hope this helps those who have received similar text offer and wondering like me if they would have the option to select 90 days plan.

RNk6xib2

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @RNk6xib2 

yes, PM has the full right to make the rewards change, hence we don't believe any of these complaints can help to reverse the decision.    So, the result you got back was expected

But you said they have findings and decided to turn down your complain, what findings they have?

pmugh.png

rogue17a

When I got the message from PM that they were changing their rewards system I knew it would not be good for us. I was paying $22 now paying $28+ so time to leave PM.  There is cheaper out there with more data. SEE YA!!!!

Bottomshelf

Welcome to the new and improved PM reward system.

The points you will have/get are the 5 welcome points and 10 points on your anniversary.  
In lieu of annual $1 reward and the $2 auto pay reward you get 5% of your monthly plan as points.  For example if you have the $25 plan you will get to bank 1.25 points equal to $1.25 or $15 annually.

Once you have accumulated 15 points you can use them to apply towards your monthly bill.  You can also use your points towards add-ons, rewards, contests, etc.

Your referral rewards will remain with you.

Minnie05
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with public  mobile for so many years, and the loyalty discounts were continue added, but now all of a sudden, i only got 5 points back in return of all the years staying with public mobile? is that correct? 

Angela96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes. It is so disappointed.

marcnoel

It is puzzling when a customer has left PM because of the switch, and states that they are now paying less to the new carrier than they were at PM.  If so, why did they stay with PM, if there was a better deal?  Once again, I would like to know where and what these deals are, as I'm sure some others would.

Shan_Bhai

Due to the new rewards program, I have decided to cancel my services with Public Mobile. I am very pleased with my new provider and want to thank Public Mobile management for pushing me to switch. Now, I enjoy top-notch service with VoLTE and VoWiFi features. Additionally, I can roam in the USA effortlessly and still pay less than what I used to with Public Mobile.

HI @RNk6xib2 

yes, PM has the full right to make the rewards change, hence we don't believe any of these complaints can help to reverse the decision.    So, the result you got back was expected

But you said they have findings and decided to turn down your complain, what findings they have?

RNk6xib2

Well, I Finally got the CCTS to call me, they had a look and it turns out I wasted my time. Below is a bit of the email and the attached findings are that PM is allowed to do whatever they want.

We have completed the investigation of your complaint. Attached is a copy of our Investigation Findings

In it, we provide a summary of the issues, our findings, and how we made our determination.  

After reviewing the Investigation Findings, please choose one of the following three options that are available to you within this stage of our process: 

Option 1: Accept the Investigation Findings 

Option 2: Reject the Investigation Findings 

Option 3: Request a Case Review 

So, I've ordered a Freedom Sim, going to the $120/year plan. should be here before the 12th so I can port out. until then I'm data only and I'll see how much of this I can use.

bye.png

marcnoel

If a customer has a $ 40.00 plan, the 5% back will be $ 2.00, same as AutoPay, so that leaves only Loyalty, which is a $ 50.00 loss per year (assuming they were at maximum) , or $ 4.17/month.  In comparison, if, by staying, a person is able to get a good enough plan price that it off-sets the $ 4.17, then they might be ahead of the game.  In my own case, I'm now on a $ 75.00/90-day plan with 60 GB up-front, or $ 25.00/30 days and 20 GB.  I still get $ 1.25 in 5% back, 83¢ per month for Loyalty (total $ 2.08), so plan price is $ 22.92 for 20 GB.  Can't get that anywhere else right now.  I also have eight points per month in referrals, but that's a separate issue.

SeniorCitizen

@Radiant1 

The real bad news is…..you lost your loyalty credit and your auto pay credit. 
Loyalty is now 10 points a year and the $2 auto pay was replaced with 5% of payment in points. 

hi @Radiant1 

When your plan last renewed? you should at least see the 5%.  Check the rewards transaction page

Radiant1

Well, it’s been already a week since my bill, and only 5 points is showing with no reference to the referrals (I had seven of them). I hope you are right, but so far this has not been my experience. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Radiant1 if referrals is the main issue, then you will like what I am telling you 

the referral are still there!!! They just not showing like before.  You won't see the list now, but after a plan renewal, you will see the referral rewards in point within a day or two.  

So, your referrals not lost , they just won't show until you see the referral rewards 

marcnoel

If you decided to port back in, you could also use someone's referral code to get $ 10.00 off.

I can't remember, but isn't there a 90-day waiting period to port the same number back in?  I might be thinking of something else.

@ATHENS wrote:

But for me it wasn't offered for existing accounts - but now since I ported out that's history.

HI @ATHENS but you can port back in to get the new activation only plan, the $19 3GB 90-day plan.  Best time to come back, free eSIM and physical sim

marcnoel

I see.  Good for you.  Congratulations.  Thanks.  Good luck with it.

marcnoel

I am curious as to what Bell plan cost $ 15.00 more and gives you 120 GB of data.  Is that per month?  I don't see anything like that on Bell's website under pre-paid or bring your own phone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ATHENS wrote:

As previously posted I no longer have an active PM plan. However after I cleared cache several times - re-booted my MacBook etc I constantly get the following message. What am I to d short of wiping my SSD and re-installing the OS?

ATHENS_0-1716917376582.png

Congratulations @ATHENS !!

if this is your screenshot when you login , then your account is now closed and you successfully ported into Bell1!

yes, this is what happens when you no longer have a My Account

You now wont be able to contact support using Chatbot, you will have to message them using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

SeniorCitizen

@ATHENS wrote:

Have noticed that the $19 4G unlimited voice and texts with 1 GB data is not shown under the general shop tab but -- in my case anyways -- only shown on my account page as one of the plan update options.

Shows on my shop page, not logged in. 

As $21

Pay 3 month option gets you the plan for the average of $19 a month. 
IMG_0424.jpeg

SeniorCitizen

@ATHENS wrote:

@SeniorCitizen wrote:

@ATHENS wrote:

Isn't it obvious that PM is hoping that legacy customers, that if anything pay very little for their plans, would either switch to higher priced plans or just good riddance . Switching from the $15 legacy limited 3G plan to the now offered to all $19 4G with unlimited voice - texting and 1 gb data is a no brainer.

?????????That offer is a no brainer????????

In my opinion it is because for only a $4/month increase from the $15 very limited 3G  legacy plan -that was basically just an emergency phone plan-- one now get's much more such as ----unlimited voice and texting plus 1 GB 4G data. Plus also points that can be converted to $$$$$$ . 

As they say - if you only have lemons then make lemonade.

Hmmmmm to me 3gb of Data / mo for $19 is better than  only 1gb of Data / mo for $19

@ATHENS wrote:

@dmbcanada1867 wrote:

Would be interested to switch, where do we find out about the $19 unadvertised plan?   It would be easier than switching carriers. 

The $19 4G with unlimited voice and texting including 1 GB of data is available to all. Select it on your account page  to switch immediately or switch on your renewal date.

HI @ATHENS 

but this is still not a good enough plan for you to stay?

and thanks for still helping out even you ported out.  You are a great Community member

marcnoel

There is a $ 19.00/30 days 1 GB plan offered to existing customers, and a $ 21.00/30 days 3 GB plan offered to new customers, but, if they opt for 90 days, the price drops to $ 19.00/30 days.

Additionally, at least one existing customer has received a text offer for $ 21.00/30 days 3 GB plan, and they were wondering if it would also include 90 days for $ 19.00/30 days.

It may be that, if we wait a while, the offerings to new customers will become available to everyone, because it's happened multiple times in the past.

SeniorCitizen

@ATHENS wrote:

Isn't it obvious that PM is hoping that legacy customers, that if anything pay very little for their plans, would either switch to higher priced plans or just good riddance . Switching from the $15 legacy limited 3G plan to the now offered to all $19 4G with unlimited voice - texting and 1 gb data is a no brainer.

?????????That offer is a no brainer????????

Need Help? Let's chat.