Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,595 REPLIES 5,595

cheaman1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be filing a complaint with the CCTS. There is a reason I have been a loyal customer for years as well as referring to several friends and family. I will no longer be referring anyone to PM.

Patrick_PM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I find the highlighted line below very misleading by Public Mobile:

1000003123.png

Based on what folks have experienced with Public Points, folks are saying you earn less.

Exactly how can Public Mobile position it that clients earn more?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Pre75 wrote:

Consider this my formal complaint. I'll be visiting the CCTS after this post. 

@Pre75 I might be mistaken but I think you have to actually engage PM through customer service to show you attempted to get this changed. I don't think posting on a public forum can replace that.

Pre75

I'm with others on my discontent with this decision. I've been a faithful customer for years. I've only ever had good things to say about PM and have brought a number of new customers.

The cellular companies in this country are terrible. The only reason not to keep those of us "loyal" customers grandfathered in on our original plans is greed. Don't think that we can't see through the veil of lies hidden behind corporate-speak of "convenience". All that ever truly means is more hassle - How is paying more money more convenient? How is having to log in every month to apply my credits convenient? This is the telco industry version of self-checkout.

True convenience would be allowing us the option to remain on our program, or switch at will.

And the data gift which expires is like getting a $10 gift card to the most expensive restaurant in town. Great, I'll save ten bucks yet have to spend hundreds of dollars in the meantime for my meal.

Consider this my formal complaint. I'll be visiting the CCTS after this post. 

Patrick_PM

I'm not sure if these complaints to CCTS is going to work but it can't make the matter any worse. So there is nothing to lose in filing a complaint.

Public Mobile still hasn't however changed their position and proceeding to give out bonus data assuming it will be adequate.

kylewm

Oh that's easy! Just click the link below the number field and have the code sent to your email.

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Luckily you'll still be getting your referral discount every month, one point per referral = $1.00 per referral per month.

The main difference being it won't be automatic, you'll have to log in to redeem your points.

BenRobson

Very discontent with the upcoming change, not only have I been a long time customer, I have brought public many other subscribers in my time with them. The data is not much of a bonus, especially with it on a time limit. 

G_Pomzz

@Patrick_PM said;

It looks like CCTS has rejected Public Mobile's response to clients' complaints

This is actually a bit of good news. The squeaky wheel gets the grease so everybody currently on the Legacy Rewards please get your complaint filed with CCTS. 

Screenshot_2024-03-31-15-55-52-141_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

beige

Sadly, same old Telus I suppose; this is the second "de-contenting" effort after $2 Autopay Reward removal.

Another provider is offering  $119/YEAR for:  "4G LTE NATIONWIDE Unlimited Talk & Text, 15GB/year data, Speeds up to 100 Mbps" ...about $9.91 per month compared to PM's similar 3G LTE $25 plan. (I can also say that this other provider grandfathered all of BOTH previous Telco owner's  plans with no price increases - unlike the Rogers' Chatr/Mobilicity mess). 

@HALIMACS wrote:

That’s a good point @kb_mv 

I suspect though when one places their account on lost/stolen, it simply renders service/SIM unusable, but the clock still ticks … so when the cycle is up, it would then go into a suspended status for 89 days and then terminate on day, 90.

So then, I guess the question is does the status of the account officially remain as lost/stolen or does it become suspended beyond the cycle end date? 

Is that where you’re heading with this?

@HALIMACS 👍 Correct LOL.

jwalker01

Pretty unhappy about the upcoming changes as I've been with PM for years and years. I do not even think I can use up 250 GB bonus within 5 months - it makes zero difference if they gave it to me or not. I don't care for that much data for a limited time. More upset about the loss of the loyalty system. It's like PM is just saying take it or leave it. 

Patrick_PM

It looks like CCTS has rejected Public Mobile's response to clients' complaints.

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2024/03/31/ccts-rejecting-public-mobile-responses-rewards-complaints/

Dennism77

I’m very disappointed about this change with public mobile. This was the whole reason why I stayed with public mobile as it was rewarding loyalty.  All other companies just offered new deals for new customers and forget about the customers they already have. Since Telus took over they’ve been counting down the time that they could make these changes and get more money out of public mobile customers.

This is the last straw as they have lost all my respect in this regards.  I did not change over to the new system, and I will not change over to the new system as I will cancel if things don’t get reversed.

This is my formal complaint that this change is unacceptable and just another example of corporate greed.

@Gimli007 

with the proper selection/prompts chosen, the codes can be sent to the registered email address on file.

Gimli007

Begs the question. .....with stupid "eversafe". How do you report your phone stolen if you don't have it but need it for the stupid code to get I to your account dashboard OR the community forum....???  More things that we gave up to have a price based service without proper CX service....which makes this forced change / price increase so much more disgusting 

NinaMJ

I do not want the new rewards system. I want to keep the old one. I kept my plan with you guys despite better offers in the past knowing that my discounts in the long run would be worth it.  Your company pulled a bait and switch. And the 240gb extra data that expires in a few months is such a slap in the face.  I refuse to be put in the new system.  I’m also going to file a complaint with the CCTS.  I’d rather cancel than be forced to a new system I don’t care for, but first your actions must be reported for sneaky business practices

That’s a good point @kb_mv 

I suspect though when one places their account on lost/stolen, it simply renders service/SIM unusable, but the clock still ticks … so when the cycle is up, it would then go into a suspended status for 89 days and then terminate on day, 90.

So then, I guess the question is does the status of the account officially remain as lost/stolen or does it become suspended beyond the cycle end date? 

Is that where you’re heading with this?

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I guess you are talking about this article. Not exactly sure that does it mean, but looks promising to me. .

dudesbot

Hi,

Just thought I'd mention an interesting article related to this topic that showed in my feed. "CCTS Rejecting Public Mobile Responses to Rewards Complaints" The article mentioned a mid April response deadline. I wonder if anyone has heard the same thing.

chuckb

The following is my response which is also required for my complaint to CCTS who I understand is reviewing this matter. Ending the old rewards program is a breach of trust and a competition matter. You acquired me as a a customer with a promise which you are now breaking. I object. If I needed data I would have asked and got an appropriate plan. I did not. I want the plan I signed up for. Thanking you. Charles Beyer.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

I give up.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@fixin wrote:

@kb_mv - That will not work because when you report lost / stolen phone it pauses ALL communications to the phone. Calls, Texts, and Data will pause and not work.

@fixin Of course it does. I never suggested otherwise. @eyes  made a post that mentioned losing the bonus data if the account went inactive. My reply pertained to that (inactive account). Never mentioned still being able to make calls etc.

Gleddified

Ouch... dress it up in all the flowery language you want, this system is simply objectively worse for me as a customer. 10 points per year is a straight up downgrade from my current loyalty bonus, costing me $3.17/month. 5% back in points instead of autopay rewards will cost me $0.30/month. For the first time in 5 years, I'm looking around for new cell providers (and will be telling the 5 people I've referred to PM when I find something better).

Yikes.

JohnB1970

Thanks for letting me know I am not with the old rewards program I thought they were raising prices on phone plans I was confused 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kb_mv - That will not work because when you report lost / stolen phone it pauses ALL communications to the phone. Calls, Texts, and Data will pause and not work.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@eyes wrote:

No..... obviously letting an account expire closes the account ------- it's becomes inactive. That means if you don't renew each and every month.

@eyes I am aware of that. What i was getting at was instead of turning off autopay and letting the account go inactive for up to 90 days and then renewing (thus losing the bonus data), could you report your phone lost/stolen and get around it.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@eyes wrote:

Clipped from Help Files...

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan.

@eyes I wonder if changing your account to lost/stolen as opposed to just letting it expire for 89 days would bypass the account inactive part? Maybe a CS rep could confirm one way or the other.

eyes

Just yet another fact that leaves a bitter taste. I managed to switch down to the $15 plan just in time to get the 5 gb gift. However I just became aware that I risk on losing even this if I don’t continuously keep my account active. Cut and pasting below.

Clipped from Help Files...

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan.

eyes

Don’t know why you think that I’m being misleading—- I more or less - without going into depth - said exactly what you are saying. Fizz offers incentives to get new accounts and takes them away after 6 months just the same as most other providers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.