Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,468 REPLIES 5,468

_ToxicFire_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

wow this thread had blown up haha. The new points system is crap i have new lines on it and dislike it alot. What public mobile should do if they must keep the new point system is keep loyalty going so every year thats another point per month. auto pay 2 points each month OR even 1 point per month on auto pay.

Loyalty should not just be thrown away. Honestly my new lines are on the new point system and i knew then when opening them up this year HOWEVER losing it on other accounts sucks and instead of staying with just a couple accounts ill move all 4.

Cellguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All I can see is my monthly bill increasing. If your points program was any good, everyone would have switched by now. Now you are forcing this program on everyone.

hi @Hollister but you cannot deny price really comes down , and down a lot. $35 used to be just 3GB and now it gives you Canada-US plan for 20GB or so

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wireless prices are going down, telecom CEOs insist to MPs

https://globalnews.ca/news/10367756/bell-rogers-telus-ceos-wireless-pricing-committee/

PCIrish

"right trick"??  Freudian slip, me thinks!!🤣

byebye

Yup, you’re probably right. They’re more or less just profiting off of people who aren’t going to check the changes right away and hope they can siphon out some money off of the brand that was built over the years. Very greasy of them 

PCIrish

Well said!  I couldn't have put that more clearly.  However, I still stand by my hypothesis that the plan is to eventually shutter and do away with Public Mobile completely.  So sad!  The poor customer service reps won't even hear the "bullet' coming!

byebye

look up freedom mobile. better data and cheaper than what we’re paying. can’t believe they’re just throwing away so many customers like this 🤡

HI @byebye 

yes , on one like this .  I am paying $7 more for each account I have  😞

byebye

Meant raising my bill $5 a month* 5/year would maybe be forgivable but this is not 

byebye

So I’m a loyal customer for over 5 years with payments never late, and I’m supposed to be excited because I’m going to be paying an extra $59 a year on my bill? How does that even benefit me when you’re not grandfathering in any kind of permanent data bonus or SOMETHING? Oh boy, 30GB of data that expires in 5 months. How generous, how useful for someone like me who only ever needed 1GB a month anyway. This bonus is useless to me. Such a slap in the face that at the same time you’re giving new activations a $24/mo plan with 4G speeds and free SIM when years ago I paid $25 and the cost of a SIM just to get 3G speed! I guess I’d have nothing to lose but all my bonuses accrued from promotions etc. to start a new account and have 4G service with a lower price than what I pay now, going forward. Yeah, that’s certainly not a shady incentive at all. What a joke. Going to cancel everything and burn all of my bonuses up just out of spite. Whoever thought this was a good idea is highly regarded. Wish I could say I’ll miss this company, but for having basically no customer service or frills it always seemed fair to have the loyalty and auto renew discounts. Now you have all this flashy UI and an app and whatever else and that justifies effectively raising my bill $5 a year? For a service where nothings changed for me and it just draws from my bank every month? K

Wolfcore

You can, but they have some of the worst customer service in the business. We put up with it because of the cheap plans, but now that the old rewards are gone, the cost isn't worth the quality anymore. I sent a message to CS Agents on Wednesday, and in a couple days it'll be a week, and still no response back yet.

HI @K-froze 

contact PM directly means open ticket or message with them, not email or calls

K-froze

Wait, you can actually contact PM directly? I thought that wasn't a thing (it wasn't when I signed up in 2019)

Public_Cust_17
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541  wow, I wish I had known that before I setup a new one.. 🙄

Eister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, I did exactly that.  No problem, even after I had temporarily created a new name. 

kyle12

I have my plan set to change to the $15 plan at renewal to use up the leftover bonus data and minutes from previous holidays freebies. That expiring data is absolutely useless to me so not actually losing anything

@kyle12 wrote:

Was previously posted that many of the promotional plans are now open to existing customers. Except for the 2 cheapest ones, crazy how that happens

HI @kyle12 

at least they are on the right trick

But a reminder for everyone, downgrading the plan might loss the bonus 150 days addon

kyle12

Was previously posted that many of the promotional plans are now open to existing customers. Except for the 2 cheapest ones, crazy how that happens

Didn't think my previous post had posted, hence the duplicate

kyle12

@Aehmttw wrote:

Ooooo and reading these offers I just saw today. It looks like these specials are not just for new customers! Anyone that doesn't want to switch, cause it can be a hassle, lookie! the 34-dollar plan? It matches the 45-dollar plan I have now, that I pay 39 dollars for with the discounts. That seems really good! Hope that helps too! 

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans?network=PROMOTION

Except for the $29 and $24 plans. Crazy coincidence that it's only the lower priced plans that are available to new activations only

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sadly, that only used to be true. Nowadays a single donut costs more than a dollar

HI @K-froze basically yes.  But you can only redeem for $15  after you collected 15 points

Agree , dumb (& gullible, trusting, & naive)

They, like politicians, bank on it routinely.

@K-froze wrote:

Great, so my current bill discount of $6 per month ($2 autopay, $4 loyalty) will be:

> 5% on $34 = 1.7 points per month (assuming you can only use whole points)
> 10 anniversary points every 12 months
= $2 discount per month, which I will have to MANUALLY use instead of it being automatically deducted.

I'm only making this post because I need to in order to submit my CCTS complaint. This is how you treat customers who have been with PM for years? All because someone in a corner office thinks they're not making enough money. I WILL be shopping around for a new provider. It's the principle of the matter.

@K-froze Why would posting on a public forum be needed to file a complaint with CCTS? Are you sure it's not communication between you and PM customer service that is required ie: a ticket or private message? 

Public_Cust_17

@kb_mv  "dollars to donuts", my dad use to say that too.. I never knew what it meant either. Now I do!   LOL

The idea behind the shorthand phrase dollars to doughnuts is the sentiment that the speaker is so confident that he is right about something, he will put forth his dollars against the listener’s doughnuts in a wager, the dollars having much higher value than the doughnuts.

K-froze

Great, so my current bill discount of $6 per month ($2 autopay, $4 loyalty) will be:

> 5% on $34 = 1.7 points per month (assuming you can only use whole points)
> 10 anniversary points every 12 months
= $2 discount per month, which I will have to MANUALLY use instead of it being automatically deducted.

I'm only making this post because I need to in order to submit my CCTS complaint. This is how you treat customers who have been with PM for years? All because someone in a corner office thinks they're not making enough money. I WILL be shopping around for a new provider. It's the principle of the matter.

Wolfcore

You're not giving them enough credit. Even they don't think it's generous; they're smarter than that. They just think people are dumb enough to believe it is.

marcnoel

You're welcome.

Victoria, BC.  Sorry, I didn't think to specify.

Public_Cust_17

@Scamp  Rogers bought Shaw which included as part of that deal that Freedom be sold which was how they became part of Videotron.. I don't think Rogers would now be able to turn around and buy Videotron as they had to split this off from Shaw to maintain an air of *cough cough* competitiveness in the Canadian wireless market. 

I attempted to read your link and received a "404 - Not found" error so not sure what happened there.

Hi @dverhey 

if you meant the existing bonus you got from last couple christmas, they don't have expiry

but your latest bonus from the retiring of the legacy plan, it has a 150 days expiry

and don't change plan to a less amount plan, you will loss that 150 days bonus, it said on the FAQ

Need Help? Let's chat.