Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,382 REPLIES 5,382

JohnDong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Really? deleting any comments regarding competition deals? your offer sucks rn, and bye

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

$34 50 gb/5G which is more data than I need (or $ I want to spend). I’d like to move to either the $24/$29 4G plans but they’re only available to new customers. The only other cheaper plans are 3G which are not of interest to me

hi @danlee1 the $2 autopay and $1 per month for over 1 year and upto $5 is gone

but the $1 friend referrals per friend stays, but will be pay as point 

danlee1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

are u not rewarding existing customers with their current rebate ($2 off/mth if using credit card, $1 off/mth for referral, $1 off/mth for staying over a year loyalty)?

hi @RetiredGuy1 what plan you have now??

RetiredGuy1

To a 3G plan? No thanks

hi @RetiredGuy1 technically you can move down the plan, there is no contract here 

of course, PM should do better to let people move down the plan or make it non expiring 

micagagne

Actually, they did offer a small discount, but only for 6 months.  Not sure if it's worth it, I've 3 other lines in my household.

hi @dariovitale I agree that, thats why they have room to retire the old system

SFor 5% points., that is still better than nothing.  Some people are mad and decide to go away.  But I think this is just irrational move, not aove that follow the wallet 

dariovitale
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Truth is that for single accounts (no family bundles) Telus still makes their PM plans much more attractive than even their own Telus and Koodo branded plans which also beats Bell's and Rogers branded and their flanker brands Virgin, Lucky and Fido mobile plans most of the times and usually the first to start a new pricing and plan marketing war campaign. 

RetiredGuy1

True, but those other telecom companies are not forcing their existing customers to pay more for what they already have without the “greater flexibilty” to choose a lower cost plan in order to offset the increased cost from the forced change to the new rewards program

@ridgeline, I don't know honestly, right now that thread is like this one.  Very directional one way as we continue to raise the concerns posted in here.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hi @micagagne I have to agree they won't change.  Even bigger businesses with rewards system change won't reverse the decision, I don't see why they will.  Best to to drag them to sweeten the migration offers a bit

@dariovitale I can only imagine how many messages are in the inboxes right now which unfortunately is probably affecting people with service issues right now.  I know as of yesterday J_PM was in the thread reading and would acknowledge posts with a Bravo.  That is how is has always been dealt with in the Oracle section that if you got a bravo the point had been read and acknowledge.  The actualy PM staff, not CSA didn't have much time before this thread to read through the community, I am sure that there is far less time now with all the Direct Messages and I would think the start of responding to CCTS files.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

micagagne

They will not revert the changes (from a cs agent).  So far, the best option I've seen is with pc mobile, their 5g plan is cheaper by $5 than pm. (for 25gb)

ridgeline

@ShawnC13 Thanks for highlighting subscriber concerns for us in the Oracle area.  Do you have any indication from your connections at Public as to when they will start responding to concerns raised in this board?  It has now been one week since the announcement and radio silence from @J_PM and others at Public.

@Psygineer totally agree open these plans up now to existing customers,  If PM is saying they are only for new customers they need to look at it like retaining anyone they can from this change as a new customer.  

theol0403

See ya. Turns out loyalty only exists if it comes both ways.

Gimli007

LOVE the autocorrect on your post.... the  "Legendary customers"

WOOOT!

dariovitale

@J_PM  just so you know, many of us have filed complaint forms on the CCTS page. May the onslaught of complaints and switching providers teach PM / Telus a lesson, especially when it will result in revenue loss. 

Gimli007

excellent!  Thanks for your continued support of the community.  Too bad PM doesn't recognize that.

hi @Psygineer I guess it would help if PM life the restrictions and let people have access to those new activation only plans, and give people some bargain plana between $15 and $25.  People are mad at losing the legacy rewards, but they will be easier if they have better plans or have a plan that is only $2 or. 3bmore instead of stuck on the same plan with $7 increase 

TGK

You are increasing the cost of service to many of your loyal customers and not really giving anything of value in return.  Why don't you at least do the decent thing and give your customers a decent block of data that doesn't expire.

dariovitale

@J_PM why are you and your management not responding to all your important legendary customers concerns about the cancellation of the legacy rewards plan out in the open on the community page?? As well why are your agents not responding to private messages? Don't look good in our eyes right now. 

Gimli007

huh?  you think Im going to collect all the phones once a month to use the app..  come now.

@Gimli007 oh beleive me we are speaking up against this.  We have an Oracle area with an active thread on this topic as well.  Not only are the Oracles adding theing concerns and issues with how this is being handled we are highlighting important issues that are being brought up in this thread by providing direct links to specific posts as I am not sure PM is even actually reading every post in this thread.

hi @Gimli007 use the app. The new app is quite powerful 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

If “greater flexibility” is a value that PM wants to use to promote the new points program, why will they not apply that same guiding value to the availability of plans? At the moment, existing customers cannot get the $24/$29 4G plans but new customers (who never contributed to PMs growth to date) can.

There is no loyalty when it comes to plans anymore. Have a look at all the other telecom companies. The best deals are for new activations. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I wasn't saying the points system wasn't equitable, I am saying the plans being locked to new vs existing isn't equitable (and the humour caught me that saying that on a thread about complaining about eliminating the inequity between the rewards system was ironic). How much would it really hurt to have offered the $24 4G 4GB deal to existing for example? Those still on provincial may be tempted to move up for the sake of data (none on plan), texting (non on plan), Canada-wide (only provincial on plan) and 4G. So that would gain $4 per user who does that. It may even draw up those on limited plans below that. The risk though is the $25 3G 1GB users might switch and cost PM $1 per 30 days, and need to provide them with the better package. Every 1 on the the $20 plan that went up, would offset 4 who went down, so I think it would somewhat balance out and even if it didn't it would still have made the existing members happier and more likely to refer.

Edit: Anyway, I will stop replying now, don't want to derail this!

Gimli007

wouldnt it be nice to be on a provider that you can manage the services from 1 interface instead of friggin logging through Ever-maybe-safe 5 6 10 times over.

especially now that you will need to do that on a monthly to "claim" the pittance rewards

Need Help? Let's chat.