Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,591 REPLIES 5,591

bcsuazon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Stelawrat wrote:

@bcsuazon wrote:

I guess PM wants to lose their most loyal customers.  The worst part about this is that I finally upgraded to a more expensive plan but I did so with the belief that I'd still have my loyalty discounts for a while...if I had known this change was coming I would never have changed my subscription.  I can't even switch to the $29 plan since its only available to new activations so I guess it may be time to switch to another carrier unfortunately 😞

I've seen a few posts from people in the same situation as you & you are the customers that I feel the most sympathy for. I can imagine the frustration of having made the switch so recently, only to have your costs shoot up, effectively wiping out any benefit for having switched. 

I'm really hoping that PM / Telus, who have been kept aware of our concerns here, are going to compensate you & those like you, in a meaningful way for this specific loss. If you have any ideas for what types of compensation you'd like to see, then maybe post them here as well. It might be worth a shot. 

I think someone already posted that it would be great if they just gave a flat discount/credit going forward - ideally it would be equal to the loyalty credits we currently have.

Stelawrat
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bcsuazon wrote:

I guess PM wants to lose their most loyal customers.  The worst part about this is that I finally upgraded to a more expensive plan but I did so with the belief that I'd still have my loyalty discounts for a while...if I had known this change was coming I would never have changed my subscription.  I can't even switch to the $29 plan since its only available to new activations so I guess it may be time to switch to another carrier unfortunately 😞

I've seen a few posts from people in the same situation as you & you are the customers that I feel the most sympathy for. I can imagine the frustration of having made the switch so recently, only to have your costs shoot up, effectively wiping out any benefit for having switched. 

I'm really hoping that PM / Telus, who have been kept aware of our concerns here, are going to compensate you & those like you, in a meaningful way for this specific loss. If you have any ideas for what types of compensation you'd like to see, then maybe post them here as well. It might be worth a shot. 

bcsuazon

"Members need to be aware that advertising for other companies is violation of the terms of service"

There's a difference between advertising and stating a fact that a certain competitor has a better plan than PM at the moment.  Deleting the latter is censorship...

PublicPointsuck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You are doing a very bad thing to us for your own personal profit. You think 30GB of useless data will make us stick around? You are mistaken, At the end of this bill cycle you will be losing our business and your company will fail because you cant compete with your competitors. They have much more to offer us than 30gb for a couple of weeks

Johnovich

I am filing a CCTS complaint. The change and the way it is handled is insulting.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@edeepm wrote:

Complain to both CCTS and CRTC, why not?

11 Spoiler tags below!

Spoiler
Lawsuit if it gets out of hand.

CCTS & CRTC reporting for the better.

Especially CCTS Reporting for complaints. 

edited by computergeek541: excessive and unnecessary spoilers removed to improve readability

Stelawrat

@eyes wrote:

Yes - it seems the loyal fools ‭that are policing this forum are continuing to protect PM not realizing they are also being screwed. Ha .. Ha... we will see if this post is also deleted.  But I will add that for some strange reason PM seems to be concentrating in eliminating accounts instead of focusing on adding accounts........ 

Personally, I haven't seen any "loyal fools" policing this forum. 

I have seen a handful of PM customers, just like you & me, answering the same questions over & over & over ad infinitum, sorting through page after page of complaints, speculations, conspiracy theories, you name it, running the gamut. 

I've seen these same handful of PM customers, just like you & me, empathizing & agreeing with most re: their disappointment, stating facts as they believe them to be, explaining over & over again why some posts are deleted in order to ensure PM doesn't lock the thread completely, leaving everyone with no place to post their dissatisfaction. 

Far from, "not realizing they are also being screwed", I've seen some disclosing that they too will feel the loss of real dollar amounts each month, some of their family members will as well & they too will be losing referrals as a result of this change. 

Yes - I find it really interesting how some people see the world with their "eyes", so differently than mine do...

ptrjpm1

cs replied with a rehash of garbage, my reply to that was :

5 GB of data for 150 days is useless to me, so no thanks.

in the end i still will be paying more ( a lot more ) for the same service. there are plans out

there that actually cost less. i do not trust that the enhanced pp program will be worth it.

all that being said i still find it very distasteful that you are rewarding my loyalty by making

me pay much more ( i would understand a bit more ) and offering me **bleep**.

thanks anyway

mikasik2

Anyone feel traumatized after being committed to something for so long only to be betrayed by it?  

Sushi_Combo

Sorry, but you did not sign any contract. 

MajorTalent
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

(2nd post, I might now start taking screen shots before removal)

If PM service and points system is so great, why do they delete our posts that let the communtiy know about an article on MobileSyrup that talks about the latest bonus data being given?

I don't know what they are so afraid of, I even altered the name of the providers listed. What, now we can't share articles or other online resources that don't specifically praise PM??? 

SeniorCitizen

@PublicPointsuck wrote:

This is unacceptable! This is a violation of the contract we signed, I will bring you to court and cancel my public mobile plan if i am forcibly switched to the inferior points system

What contract?

ily

They're talking about rewards you've already earned and haven't used, mainly because your monthly bill is already at $0. Only people with monthly rewards higher than their current plan price are subject to this I believe. Some people have hundreds of dollars as funds in their account. So these funds will stay in the account, but you won't earn any new rewards from the old program moving forward. $2/month auto pay discount? Gone! $5/month loyalty discount? Gone!

@nick55aa wrote:

I think everybody be looking for a new carrier they did US dirty make a complaint to the crtc on your way out

Complaints would be through CCTS not CRTC

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

EdN

Submit a complaint to CCTS now don't wait until May.  

TheRockGamers1

With 5 lines, you are increasing my monthly bill between $25-$30.

I'll be opening 5 separate CCTS complaints.

Not happy.  Been loyal customer since Fall 2016.

PublicPointsuck

This is unacceptable! This is a violation of the contract we signed, I will bring you to court and cancel my public mobile plan if i am forcibly switched to the inferior points system

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Wolfcore wrote:

It's hilarious how we see most of the Oracles claiming that PM still has the best value even with the old rewards system being removed, while also removing any comments that showcase any of these competitors deals, while also saying that they're impartial, don't work for PM, and aren't protecting them 🤣

@Wolfcore, it is against ToS for advertising of other services.  As for teh best deal out there it is for my family as the plans suit our needs at good pricing 2 plans at $29/30GB and 2 at $34/50GB Can/US plans.  If I have a mass exodus of referrals then I will have to see if it is still making sense for the family to stay here.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

nick55aa

I think everybody be looking for a new carrier they did US dirty make a complaint to the crtc on your way out

Renzha

For me , I am thinking switch my kid's line to Rogers with my employees plan throught red wireless, not sure what plan they have this BF, for my parents' line, I will buy the hk3 360 days data plan for esim , my wife and my line, I am think the Eskimo 2 years 30G data plan with esim  plus cheap tt plan

Maybe it will cheaper than currently to PM

nick55aa

yeah I can't believe public Mobile did his dirty like this. I'm going to make a complaint to the crtc before I start shopping for a new carrier

Ashley_98

As a long term customer I am truly disappointed by this decision. In 2022 when this change was first implemented we were told this wouldn’t affect current users unless we made the choice to switch to the public points rewards. I have my own account plus 4 others that I manage for family members - my total cost will be going up over $30 a month so I have no choice but to look into other providers. 

public_999

Then you should be just as quick to remove posts that trash competitors or spread false information about them.

Blahblah_pm

Guess I'm gonna be shopping for new provider. 

Not happy with the change to remove the old reward system.

I was thinking of switching, but never did because of the old reward system.  But now there's no benefit.

Bye bye

@public_999 wrote:

Wow, you guys are really working overtime removing posts!!

Members need to be aware that advertising for other companies is violation of the terms of service.

turkeyscanfly

Please someone show me how to file a CCTS Complaint. step by step. I am low skilled at computers.

Cheers & please recommend a cheaper phone carrier plan that isn't associated with Telus. Perhaps an international so my money can go to non Canadian scam companies.

public_999

Wow, you guys are really working overtime removing posts!!

turkeyscanfly

Massive failure to all existing customers. I will be leaving this May after being a 5 year customer. Never going back to Public Mobile or TELUS. Filing a CCTS complaint too. Loyalty proved pointless. Public mobile laying evidence they don't care about customers at all. My plan is going to become more expensive so I am leaving. Thanks for showing us truly where your heart is.

Earlysubscriber

Well, like so many other people here I was an early subscriber and have a large discount... One that was setup as my reward system years ago and will no longer be honoured. 

Also like others have posted, I upgraded fairly recently (2 accounts) and now the new activation offers are much better than anything I can switch to as an existing customer... And without the old discount, my existing plan sucks.

Now, reading others comments I notice all the better deals from other companies with actual service provided as well... Thankfully both my plans are prepaid monthly subscriptions with no long term commitments...What shall I do... Stay with public or go with one of the better deals elsewhere?

I guess I don't have any loyalty (plan) anymore eh?

sledinguru

Hi.  Wondering if you have done a comparison?  It looks like your current rewards discount remains.

I still have leftover rewards from the old program that I want to use - do I lose these rewards?

No, you won’t lose any leftover rewards from the old program. Any credits earned up to May 2024 will remain on your account and be applied to your future bills.

Need Help? Let's chat.