Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,593 REPLIES 5,593

HI @Stelawrat 

if you have enough credit or available funds, you still don't have to login to make payment

if you don't have enough, then you can set autopay

but with the rewards, yes, you have to keep checking and make manual redeem to change 15 points to $15

Stelawrat
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think the reference to bill credits was badly worded. Should have been more along the lines of, the method used to apply bill credits has changed, or will change. 

As per the following, all credits earned up to May 2024 are saved, can be used towards bill payments. You have to log in monthly to make your bill payments now though, which I'm betting isn't appreciated by anyone. 

Stelawrat_2-1709834650069.png

LizfromCanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LOL I saw and wondered when it happened!

mikasik2

Can the devs do something?

santi21

This is by far the worst move PM could ever make.

I have been a fierce promoter of PM to all my friends and family for 8+ years. This is totally unacceptable. I will simply switch providers and bring all my friends and family with me.

Byebye PM

AtlasAvenger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What other good alternatives are there?

eJonavin

You get $1.70 + 10 point once a year which equals about 83 cents. So you're looking at $2.53 vs your $7 discount per month.

It's worst if you're on a $15 plan. It's equivalent to a 77.4% price increase.

mamma

What a drag! So disappointing!

@LizfromCanada wrote:

It says something when a community post has 0 Bravos, I think! Even the announcement on scheduled maintenance for March 5th has 9. 😅

HI @LizfromCanada 

but the community post has 2 bravos now (no, they weren't from me 🙂 )

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@HOTO  if it 2 max referrals then yes this place is dead . I’ll be absolutely fine with PM 

adding hope that screen should you have means 2points for each referral be ok at least 

MyNameIsMrBurns

Yeah that's what I'm gathering from other people. Kinda backwards, but okay.

mamma

Mine was a 29$ plan

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is the funniest part to me, but it's been done time and time again, so most of us know what to expect. Even when they initially released the new points system, they promoted it as being "better", even though it clearly wasn't. If it were actually better, they would continue to leave it as optional to switch, but they aren't.

They have a lot of shills working over time though, just to try and calm people down. I don't think they're going to work this time, I suspect thousands of people will be leaving. Just myself, I have dozens of referrals if you count secondary referrals. All of these people are closely related, and I can easily get them to all switch to something new. The only reason why we've even stayed with PM, was due to the old loyalty rewards. Without them, PM isn't actually that competitive. Makes no sense to stay with them, when there are better plans out there from competitors.

Frank_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Trying to change 4 plans to a lower tier and nothing seems to be working, servers appear overloaded.

Balraj3

Time for EXODUS I believe...

mamma

Me too! It just asked me to choose a new user name. I've been with them for so long

Burdwood

@mamma wrote:

I got 240GM for 150 days. I saw that someone else only got 5gm. No idea how they decide

Our lower cost plans ($15 and $13) got 5GB. 

Not sure if there is a step in between for plans in the $24+ range, but the $34 and up seem to get 240GB.

Stelawrat

"And what's this other thing I'm hearing? No more $10 credit to new customers who use a referral code that took effect on Monday? I didn't see any announcements about that. If this is true, then the 6 people I just signed up on Monday will now be upset that I lied to them. I hope this isn't true. Because now they will leave too."

Your friends will still get the $10.00 credit. 

Stelawrat_1-1709833823026.png

Public Points Rewards Program | Help Articles | Public Mobile

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MyNameIsMrBurns There is an email going out. I got it but haven't received the vague text message yet. Seems they're doing things out of order.

mamma

So instead of 4$ monthly loyalty (48$/year), we'll get 10$/year?  Wow!!

mamma

yup, looks like it

mamma

what is the exclusive plan for new subscribers

HOTO

Looks like it might be even worse.

https://myrewards.publicmobile.ca/en/on/opt-in

The wording here implies that max points for referrals is 2 points per month:

public mobile points.jpg

mamma

I think it depends on your plan

mamma

they gave me 240gb, and I have the 20gb plan per month

mamma

I got 240GM for 150 days. I saw that someone else only got 5gm. No idea how they decide

Stelawrat

I don't understand why it isn't a 1:1 ratio for all of the old $ rewards to points. It should be 12 points for 12 months.

Also, why make us wait a whole year to collect a reward that we're earning monthly & that we were able to collect monthly under the old system?

If PM isn't going to have loyalty points increase over time, e.g. 20 points after 2 years, (24 after 2 if I had my way...) then at least let us redeem the points monthly, since we have to log in monthly now anyway to redeem any points at all.

As it is, if you leave PM for any reason at all, you lose your loyalty points, unless you leave right after your anniversary date & are able to redeem the total of all of your points towards a last payment... 

Stelawrat_0-1709832246233.png

Zahir_h
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's fine if you don't want to voice your concerns and bending over. That's your prerogative!

Most of us who have lines with PM are price conscious, and can't afford to pay the big bucks on the telcos tier one and two brands.  We get limited services from them and are paying lower prices for the last of CS support, lack of retail outlets, lack of international access to receive text, lack of wifi calling etc....   they are revising their prices, and providing No value in return to us.  

Because of this move, I hope they do fold, because they are stealing from us by making this change.   

I still feel that the complaint is Valid to CCTS and those who feel they are being taken advantage of should file a complaint as well.   This may or may not help with PM to revert their decision.  Likely won't, but it's a little jab at them from us as a form of payback for making this scummy change.   

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well, it's been fun, but just like the rest, they always end up turning their backs on loyal customers. I'll be exploring a few alternatives out there, and I'll be sure to switch all of the people I've referred, as well. These companies need to understand that when they break customer agreements, that there are consequences. I/we have plenty of screenshots of PM saying that this old reward system would NEVER be taken away, so for them to do this, after enticing people like that, is shameful.

The cherry on top is, a few of my referrals received messages saying that they've been granted 240gb of FREE DATA! And then saying it expires after 150 days. Thanks? Such a disrespectful way of honoring your loyal customers, as if that's some sort of great reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.