Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,340 REPLIES 5,340

Samashin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Barely 2 months to let your loyal customers know they'll have to pay 5-7$ more each months. 
Just after a marketing push appealing to customers having low cost package. 
With a Temporary Bonus Data. 

Not a lot of great news if you're a loyal Public Mobile customer, eh. 

AveragePerson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They sent the amount in a text message.

johnym

they should at least let us get a new customer plan

AveragePerson

Yeah, they're giving us a bit of data that will expire as a thank you.

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AK32 I'm sympathetic to those facing price increases - but how is it being "penalized" when you are being asked to pay the same as newer customers?

AK32

Thats a pretty big blow to the loyal customers who were on the old system, many will have to pay more per month now. Almost like you're being penalized for being a long time customer.

Hope PM is brining something positive to the table with this.

@hTideGnow 

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @zaptor99 

how much bonus data you got? i wonder if it is based on plan or length here

I don't know the exact details of the data bonuses, but I believe that it is based on the customer's price plan.  

AveragePerson

I use to post before the telus eversafe switch, but logged in now and it made me select a new username.

abtest

Hmmm...  So I'll be paying about 7$ more per month (5 yr loyalty + $2 for auto-pay). Wow!  that's a huge increase on my current $15 plan.   And no 'special' one time 'thank you' gift will make up for that!

Haiggy1

May as well cancel and resubscribe to get the exclusive plan offerings for new subscribers only, and a free eSIM to boot. This just further demonstrates how new subscribers are of higher value than long-term, loyal customers.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @zaptor99 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

zaptor99

The bonus data will be applied by Mar 31, they don't say how much.  It's in the FAQ on the first post.

HI @zaptor99 

zaptor99

So the thank you gift is a data bonus add-on valid for 150 days.  Useless if you're on 5G unlimited plan, and still useless for most of us.  The gift should be extra points for being long time customers.

HI @AveragePerson 

yup, no more $7, just 5% of what you pay  

HI @golffan 

I wish.. but look like no

andrewg

Bad move public mobile. This was the only thing keeping many of the legacy customers subscribed. The points system is much worse than the old rewards program, they're not even close. I'm sure the majority of your subscriber base are on the new points system, is it really hurting your bottom line that much to allow customers on the old rewards system to continue with it?

hi @lowb4ller 

won't be 7$, just 5% of 34$ in points

Haiggy1

The new rewards points needs a revamp to more closely match the old one, or else this wouldn't be such a big deal, and people would already have switched.

@lowb4ller wrote:

I'm on a 34$/month plan with -5$ for loyalty and -2$ for pre-authorized payments.

Will the points received on that plan have a 7$ value?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

dwh1

@AveragePerson Right - but you'll gain points that are 5% of your plan's value every month plus $10 in points every year. You can spend that as 15 points for $15 in plan discounts, or you can buy addons at a discount from their normal price.

golffan

As a show of good will, those with 4 years of service will get 40 points, 5 years 50 points, etcetc.. Right???

If not, gonzo like so many others..

AveragePerson

So just to confirm, we lose the $2 autopay and $5 loyalty bonuses?

HI @AveragePerson  you have been long time customers, but you created a new account today and your first post is on this topic  🤔

lowb4ller

I'm on a 34$/month plan with -5$ for loyalty and -2$ for pre-authorized payments.

Will the points received on that plan have a 7$ value?

@AveragePerson wrote:

I guess I'll be retiring my account and switching to another provider.

We'll be here when you come back !

AveragePerson

I guess I'll be retiring my account and switching to another provider.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @J_PM 

I am surprised and I am not surprised.

Surprised that it finally comes, but not surprise that we know it will come one day

But the only good news is that we can still have 5% back with points, still better than other without rewards. 

And to all those who are going to loss many points from that, come to the Community and help, get the most out of Community!!

(we need to look on the bright side of everything 🙂 )

golfball

Aw, it's finally happening... it's been a good run.

umnikke8

Boo

Need Help? Let's chat.