cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until September 13 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From August 23rd until September 13th, 2018, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end September 13, 2018 11:59PM EST.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

313 REPLIES 313

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

Hi - My friend just referred me to PM and after purchasing a SIM card from Walmart for $10 and then also registering with PM for an additional $10 + taxes and filing out  my friends referral PM number - neither one of us did receive the advertised $25 credit -- why did we not receive this credit? 

1) Promo credits take up to 72 hours to show in your account (usually within 24 hours).

2) When did you activate? Today, or before today?

3) Did you activate online or in store? This promo is only available for online activations.

yiatioxi-ok
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi - My friend just referred me to PM and after purchasing a SIM card from Walmart for $10 and then also registering with PM for an additional $10 + taxes and filing out  my friends referral PM number - neither one of us did receive the advertised $25 credit -- why did we not receive this credit? 

yiatioxi-ok

I did but had to pay $10 for the SIM card.

yiatioxi-ok

Hi - My friend just refered me to PM and after purchasing a SIM card I did register and also filled in my friends referal PM number - HOWEVER neither one of us did receive the advertised $25 credit -- why did we not receive this credit? 

luke11992

PM has been generous with their offers lately!

DMC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@cappaj wrote:

@DMC wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

Promo description only says 30 or 90 day plan, so should work for anything, even the $10 plan.

(Note that a lot of people have reported getting the bonus $25 credit from Walmart even though they only signed up for the $10 plan there, data doesn't seem to be actually necessary.)

Interesting.  I guess I'll find out soon.  In a couple of weeks, my dad needs a plan for just a month or 2 and it working on a $10 plan sounds too good to be true because that would be 2 1/2 months of free service, plus $25 credit to me.

Keep in mind that you still have to pay the first 30 days' fee up front, regardless of how you activate - so no matter how many credits you get, you still pay at least $10 + tax out of pocket.

Oh yeah, I figured that since you have to pay the first month up front and then the $25 credit would go into your account to be applied to months 2+.

cappaj

@DMC wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

Promo description only says 30 or 90 day plan, so should work for anything, even the $10 plan.

(Note that a lot of people have reported getting the bonus $25 credit from Walmart even though they only signed up for the $10 plan there, data doesn't seem to be actually necessary.)

Interesting.  I guess I'll find out soon.  In a couple of weeks, my dad needs a plan for just a month or 2 and it working on a $10 plan sounds too good to be true because that would be 2 1/2 months of free service, plus $25 credit to me.

Keep in mind that you still have to pay the first 30 days' fee up front, regardless of how you activate - so no matter how many credits you get, you still pay at least $10 + tax out of pocket.

DMC

@cappaj wrote:

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thank you for this. I was about to activate my kids on a plan before school and this is icing on the cake!

mcfly_87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@cappaj wrote:

@mcfly_87 wrote:

So I referred my fiancee and she activated last night (August 22).  Is there any chance of maybe one or both of us getting this credit?  I've been with Public Mobile for over 2 years now and would love for even just my fiancee to get the credit.  I know that beggars can't be choosers, but it would be nice to be included in this seeing as we activated her 3 hours too early.  I plan on converting many more family members to PM once they break free of their "plans" with other providers.

For a request like that, I'd send a message to Moderator_Team and plead your case. They may say no, but can't hurt to ask. (Just be ready for it to take a few days between asking and getting any sort of resolution! Make sure you include your phone number, account number, PIN, and name in the initial message - as well as all those details for your fiancee - so that they can process your request faster, in the event they say yes.)

Thank you very much for your help!

cappaj

DMC

Would this work on a $10 talk and text plan or does it only apply to talk, text and data?  The london drugs/walmart ones say data, but the OP doesn't mention anything about data and just needing a 30 or 90 day plan.

cappaj

@mcfly_87 wrote:

So I referred my fiancee and she activated last night (August 22).  Is there any chance of maybe one or both of us getting this credit?  I've been with Public Mobile for over 2 years now and would love for even just my fiancee to get the credit.  I know that beggars can't be choosers, but it would be nice to be included in this seeing as we activated her 3 hours too early.  I plan on converting many more family members to PM once they break free of their "plans" with other providers.

For a request like that, I'd send a message to Moderator_Team and plead your case. They may say no, but can't hurt to ask. (Just be ready for it to take a few days between asking and getting any sort of resolution! Make sure you include your phone number, account number, PIN, and name in the initial message - as well as all those details for your fiancee - so that they can process your request faster, in the event they say yes.)

mcfly_87

Jarvar

Great Promotion, but I just missed out as I referred a family member on Monday.

Well I hope it works out for everyone else!

It's good there's all these incentives going on. I'm wondering if there is going to be a new plans coming out in September...

Cookiekatt

As cool as this promo is it sucks that I just referred my friend on the 22 and missed this by a day. Smiley Sad

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

All these promos are making this place seem like a crazy pyramid ponzi scheme. 

EmreCA

This is great news! My sister was just transitioning from Rogers to Public Mobile.

@cappaj your link works fine for me. It will allow me to "start a new topic" with the orange button.

cappaj

@soccergirl8856 wrote:

It won’t let me make a new topic 

When you go to this part of the forum, can you click the orange "Start a Topic" button?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/bd-p/paying_for_your-service

(Edit: This forum's kind of confusing - as far as I can tell, you can't start a topic from the main page. You have to open one of the sub-forums listed under Browse/at the bottom of the main page, and then start a topic within that sub-forum.)

soccergirl8856

It won’t let me make a new topic 

cappaj

@soccergirl8856 wrote:

Ok, thankyou! Can you please just set up the autopay with the credit card on file.

i tried making a phone call and it didn’t go through. Thankyou 

Keep in mind that most of the people replying in the forum (and everyone you've talked to so far in this thread) are customer like you, and have no power to do that sort of thing.

Have you logged in to My Account and looked under the Payment tab? That's where you can manage making payments, autopay settings, and credit card info for autopay. 

@soccergirl8856 wrote:

Ok, thankyou! Can you please just set up the autopay with the credit card on file.

Please start a new topic in one of the Knowledge Base categories. 
You are able to set up auto pay in your self serve account. If you are unable to do that then let us know what is not working. 

soccergirl8856

@soccergirl8856 wrote:

Hello! I asked you guys to set up my autopay! Why do I keep getting texts to pay? This is very frustrating.

The text message is a notification that payment is due.  Even if you have auto pay set, this is just a friendly reminder that the payment will be taken.  I suppose if there was no reminder then others will come out and complain that a payment was taken and they were not informed. 

@Wonder_why wrote:

@stonechucker I hear there are giving free Sim Card, I will check it out and post back 🤗 

No need to check.  It is as advertised. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/walmart

@soccergirl8856 wrote:

Hello! I asked you guys to set up my autopay! Why do I keep getting texts to pay? This is very frustrating.

As @cappaj said, start a new thread and we will be happy to assist. 

cappaj

@soccergirl8856 wrote:

I would start a new topic for your question so that it can get a quicker response from the community.

soccergirl8856

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cappaj wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@stonechucker I hear there are giving free Sim Card, I will check it out and post back 🤗 

There's an in-store promo at Walmart and London Drugs for a free SIM + $25 promo credit (for the new customer only), but only if you activate in-store.

That's different than this promo, where you pay $10 for the SIM (either in-store or from PM's website), and then do your activation online, at home.

Awesome I will get one and ready for round 10 😁,$50/10GB 😄😃😋

Need Help? Let's chat.