cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until Sep 22, get $10 off for the first 3 months when you activate on a $40/mo plan or more

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to September 22, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $40/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 3 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select a plan $40/mo or more.
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $40/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-3, then resume paying full price from month 4 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2 & 3 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

48 REPLIES 48

Versteeves
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We had a similar experience! I hope PM stays this affordable! We have never had such an easy transition from one provider to another! I honestly don’t think I’ll go back to any other providers! I love supporting companies who reward longevity with their customers, it makes you feel valued! 

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's very interesting, but I'm happy with $15 plan 😄 

@johnpaul wrote:

As I was excited to avail of this promo for my younger son, on saturday (sept 21) I went to walmart (calgary SE) and they ran out of PM sim cards. Went to London Drugs and I bought the last one ($10.50). Went home and activated using the referral from my older son's PM account. As I was activating I chose the $40 plan and the website said that I only needed to pay $30. Paid with my credit card $31.50 (5% tax in AB). Chose a number and auto-pay and Boom! Account activated. SIM card worked completely within 3 minutes. Even APN setting were automatically loaded on the phone. Calls, texts and data all working. Self serve says balance is $2 (auto-pay bonus). After 30 mins, I ported his number from freedom. Port completed within 10 mins. Very smooth. My older son got his $1 reward. Next day, $10 was added to my younger son's balance (part of the referral rewards) and his balance is now $12. Self-serve says I only need to pay $18 for the 2nd month for Plan $40. Sweet ! Pretty smooth transaction. Thanks, PM.

Awesome that's the way it should be...im happy with the same deal. Welcome to public mobile.

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious 

Did you order your SIM Card from PM or get it elsewhere?

Just wondering if anything could go wrong by getting the SIM card from a local dealer instead of ordering from PM as the promo wording indicates. Of course if it doesn’t actually matter that you use an RBC Credit Card for the RBCREWARDS Promo, why should they care where you get your SIM card from! But, one never knows.....

Terry

If you remember I asked a million questions before I activated and took the chance on the credit card not being rbc. I bought my SIM card at London drugs.

johnpaul
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As I was excited to avail of this promo for my younger son, on saturday (sept 21) I went to walmart (calgary SE) and they ran out of PM sim cards. Went to London Drugs and I bought the last one ($10.50). Went home and activated using the referral from my older son's PM account. As I was activating I chose the $40 plan and the website said that I only needed to pay $30. Paid with my credit card $31.50 (5% tax in AB). Chose a number and auto-pay and Boom! Account activated. SIM card worked completely within 3 minutes. Even APN setting were automatically loaded on the phone. Calls, texts and data all working. Self serve says balance is $2 (auto-pay bonus). After 30 mins, I ported his number from freedom. Port completed within 10 mins. Very smooth. My older son got his $1 reward. Next day, $10 was added to my younger son's balance (part of the referral rewards) and his balance is now $12. Self-serve says I only need to pay $18 for the 2nd month for Plan $40. Sweet ! Pretty smooth transaction. Thanks, PM.

@darlicious 

Did you order your SIM Card from PM or get it elsewhere?

Just wondering if anything could go wrong by getting the SIM card from a local dealer instead of ordering from PM as the promo wording indicates. Of course if it doesn’t actually matter that you use an RBC Credit Card for the RBCREWARDS Promo, why should they care where you get your SIM card from! But, one never knows.....

Terry

@AE_Collector wrote:

Thanks for that link @Dunkman 

i see that this offer expires Sept 30 so time is running short to order the SIM! Says to order SIM from PM but I wonder if that too isn’t necessary, get a sim anywhere you can. Only thing you can’t accomplish is score a free sim activating at a dealer who happens to be giving a free sim to activate through them. Of course, who knows, maybe you can fill in RBCREWARDS in the Promo box even if activating at a dealer! You can put in a referal code at a dealer, we know that works. Promo Code box may not work at dealer though.....no idea.

Terry

Here's the basics since I did it. Buy a SIM card. Activate online. Choose a $40+ plan. Put RBCREWARDS  in the promo box. At this point the price of the plan will reduce by by $10.

So if you chose $40 plan it will show amount owing as $30+tax. Pay with a credit card. Then register credit card with Auto Pay.. .If you want and finish the transaction.

That makes sense. Like the promotions not that long ago that had to be activated either AT a dealer or what PM called ONLINE which meant DIY at home (NOT at a dealer) but which led to endless complaints because the customer who didn’t get the promo said “It WAS done online, I saw him doing it on his computer”.

Terry

@AE_Collector wrote:

i see that this offer expires Sept 30 so time is running short to order the SIM! Says to order SIM from PM but I wonder if that too isn’t necessary, get a sim anywhere you can. Only thing you can’t accomplish is score a free sim activating at a dealer who happens to be giving a free sim to activate through them. Of course, who knows, maybe you can fill in RBCREWARDS in the Promo box even if activating at a dealer! You can put in a referal code at a dealer, we know that works. Promo Code box may not work at dealer though.....no idea.

It's not so much about there not being a promo code option at retail stores.  It's about the fact that the the activation is coded differently as not being from a regular internet connection using the Public Mobile website. Public Mobile knows when an activation is done in store (and exactly which store did it).  Activating at retail would invalidate the RBC promotion.

Thanks for that link @Dunkman 

Terry

@Dunkman wrote:

@AE_Collector 

Here is the link to the Promo.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer

There have been reports that some new customers have been getting the credit even though they did not use RBC credit card.  YMMV. 

Although I am an rbc customer I did not use an rbc credit card and I got the promo.

@AE_Collector 

Here is the link to the Promo.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer

There have been reports that some new customers have been getting the credit even though they did not use RBC credit card.  YMMV. 

I keep seeing mention of the RBC Promo. Is it a $10 credit every 30 days for first 6 months plus a 5Gb add-on if you sign up for a $40 or more plan? You need to have certain RBC crefit cards to qualify but is this one of those requirements that there is no way to verify...IE: it is advertised through RBC as a benefit of having those crefit cards but in reality, any new PM customer can get it?

Terry

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks! I'll be sure to mention this to potential clients

mebs

Hi again!

Thanks for all the help and info! I didn't realize she could buy a SIM card at a local retailer--this has been very helpful!

@micasound1 

Via googe translate:

My package is still not active
Hello ,
I have activated my package since September 8th everything is correct the system tells me the next payment is due for October 8, 2019 but I can not make or receive a call my number is 4xxxxxxxx thank you for my help I am Hxxxxx Mxxxxx
I have almost 8 days without my cell and it is my tools of work thank you

Avez-vous déjà contacté le modérateur? Sinon, vous devrez cliquer sur le point d'interrogation situé dans le coin inférieur droit du site Web et créer un ticket pour le service de compte. Vous n'obtiendrez pas de service clientèle direct à partir de ce forum public.

Pendant que vous attendez l’aide du modérateur, vous voudrez peut-être essayer deux astuces susceptibles de réactiver / réinitialiser votre plan:
1. Signalez votre téléphone perdu / volé dans un compte en libre service. Se déconnecter. Attends quelques minutes. S'identifier. Signalez votre téléphone trouvé.
Pour signaler votre téléphone perdu / volé. Connectez-vous à votre compte. Choisissez l'onglet Plans et add-ons. Ensuite, sélectionnez l'onglet Téléphone perdu / volé. L'onglet Choisir un service suspendu. Se déconnecter. Attends quelques minutes. Connectez-vous et signalez votre téléphone trouvé. Redémarrez le téléphone.

2. Ajoutez manuellement 1 $ dans votre solde. Ces actions vont parfois réinitialiser votre compte SIM / réactiver.

Vous devez également supprimer vos informations personnelles du forum public. Peut-être aussi envie de commencer votre propre sujet / question.

Did you contact moderator yet? If not, you will need to click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website and start a ticket for account service. You will not get direct customer service from this public forum.

As you wait for moderator help, might want to try two tricks that might re-activate/reset your plan:

1. Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account. Logout. Wait few minutes. Login. Report your phone found.

To report your phone lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

2. Manually add $1 into your balance. 
These actions sometimes will reset your SIM/re-activate account.

You should also remove your personal information from the public forum. Might also want to start your own thread/question.

@micasound1  click sur le ?

Sur la droite  et ecris Ton problem la

micasound1

Bonjour ,
j’ai active mon forfait depuis le 8 septembre tout est correcte le système me dit le prochain paiement est dû pour le 8 octobre 2019 mais je ne peux ni faire ni recevoir d’appel mon numéro est le xxxxxxxxxx merci de m’aider je suis xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
j ai presque 8 jour sans mon cell et c est mon outils de travail merci

Edited by computergeek541: personal information removed

@TiaraDiamondz wrote:

How do I port out  of pb  And back in ? 

Why do that? You will lose your existing plan, no refund. You will pay for another carrier's sim and plan, lose that, and the pay again for Public sim and plan again. Don't do it.

@darlicious wrote:

@mebs wrote:

Hi! 

Trying to get my mom on this bandwagon... We live in Ottawa with no kiosks nearby, can she be eligible for this promotion if she orders the SIM card tomorrow (Sept 22) and activates later this week when it arrives? Or does she absolutely have to activate the account tomorrow to receive the discounts? 

Thanks for any info!https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer

Activation by Sept 22nd only but she could use the rbc promo til Sept 30th and it's $10 off any $40+ plan + 5gb data bonus that rolls over.

Online activation only please see above for conditions

@mebs wrote:

Hi! 

Trying to get my mom on this bandwagon... We live in Ottawa with no kiosks nearby, can she be eligible for this promotion if she orders the SIM card tomorrow (Sept 22) and activates later this week when it arrives? Or does she absolutely have to activate the account tomorrow to receive the discounts? 

Thanks for any info!

No. Sim/account/plan needs to be activated this weekend. Check ebay or kijiji for sellers who can help with that since there are no stores nearby. You would need someone to provide the sim card number ahead of time.

If you are a Royal Bank credit card customer, I would consider the RBC promo instead.  That is 6x$10 off and a one-time 5GB data bonus if  a $40+ plan activation is done online by September 30 and promo code RBCREWARDS is used.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@mebs  she needs to act tomorrow!   You can go to a Walmart, London drugs, wow mobile shop to activate 

@mebs wrote:

Hi! 

Thanks for any info!

Activation by Sept 22nd only but she could use the rbc promo til Sept 30th and it's $10 off any $40+ plan + 5gb data bonus that rolls over.

mebs

Hi! 

Thanks for any info!

@AE_Collector wrote:

Honestly I just don't understand all the work and expense to try to get 3 x $10 in credits. It is a case of a new customer not doing any investigation of various new customer incentives that come and and go, signing up with no incentive right after a new customer promo had ended  (exactly 14 days ago there was a "Second Month Free" promo that would have resulted in $40 of savings for anyone on the $40 plan) and then wanting the next promo that comes along after having already signed up.

I agree and I've certainly been in your position. Sure it sucks to miss out on a promo on either end of your activation. (Bummer tent is still open in the lounge.) But you likely switched to Public Mobile to save money from your former provider or perhaps you're just new here and have never forked over your hard earned money to an overpriced cell plan. Whatever the case you are still saving money and after one year the autopay reward will have saved you $24 and the loyalty reward will kick in to save you a further $1/month for an additional $12. On top of pm's low, low prices!

Honestly I just don't understand all the work and expense to try to get 3 x $10 in credits. It is a case of a new customer not doing any investigation of various new customer incentives that come and and go, signing up with no incentive right after a new customer promo had ended  (exactly 14 days ago there was a "Second Month Free" promo that would have resulted in $40 of savings for anyone on the $40 plan) and then wanting the next promo that comes along after having already signed up.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice promo, can't wait for the next new promo for existing customers. 

@TiaraDiamondz you could go and get a cheap plan from lucky mobile and then port back in to public mobile but keep in mind you're gonna lose any rewards you have, you're gonna have to buy a lucky Sim card and pay for the cheap plan up front and lose all that and then buy a public mobile Sim card again and set up a new account with a different email address than your previous one.  I'm not sure it's worth all that to save 30$

TiaraDiamondz

How do I port out  of pb  And back in ? 

@rranviUnless you invent a time machine.. then no. However you can do a convulated plan by porting out of Public Mobile, then back in as a new customer.

Need Help? Let's chat.