cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until January 1 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to January 1, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

*Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended. For the time being, we recommend you pick up a SIM by visiting one of our retail partners. To find your nearest participating retail partner, click here.

Hey Community,

From November 15th, 2018 until January 1st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end January 1, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

343 REPLIES 343

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Louis1993 wrote:

She singed up on the 25 and some one helped set up online at Walmart and she said we would receive the 25 credit and still is not showing. She put my number in the reference part as well.

The WM rep tricked her in using  WM computer.  Since the WM rep was login to PM,her activation will be treated as in-store activation.

Nothing you can do now.  She will get $10 referral credit within 72 hours.  You will get $1/30 days cycles as long as her PM account is active.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:
Online activation is $25 for you and her account.  In-store activation is $25 for her.  

I think it's just the regular $10 in-store for her. Typo? You know this 🙂

Corrected.

Louis1993
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It was still online tho she said. I specifically asked her that and she said it would be applied to my account. 

Carld123

@Louis1993

There is your problem...she signed up in walmart...not online

popping

@Louis1993 wrote:

My girlfriend singed up for public mobile and she put me down in the referral as I am also a member of public mobile and we both have not received the 25 credit on either of our accounts and it sucks because cant tall to no one ever so its frustrating. You guys should have a person talk to. And if some one could please get back to me about the credit I would appreciate that kinda the whole reason I singed her up and she switched over was because we would get the credit to our account and it never happened again 

It takes about 72 hours for the referral credit to be added to your accounts.  Online activation is $25 for you and her account.  In-store activation is $10 for her.  

Carld123

@Louis1993

Got that part....when though and did you do it online???

Louis1993

She singed up on the 25 and some one helped set up online at Walmart and she said we would receive the 25 credit and still is not showing. She put my number in the reference part as well.

Louis1993

So I singed up for public mobile and referred my spouse to the public and we both never recieved the 2t credit kinda why I singed her up is so we both would get the 25$credit 

Carld123

@Louis1993

When did she sign up...and was it online?

Louis1993

My girlfriend singed up for public mobile and she put me down in the referral as I am also a member of public mobile and we both have not received the 25 credit on either of our accounts and it sucks because cant tall to no one ever so its frustrating. You guys should have a person talk to. And if some one could please get back to me about the credit I would appreciate that kinda the whole reason I singed her up and she switched over was because we would get the credit to our account and it never happened again 

popping

@Lightning wrote:

I just activated my new public line on November 25 and I was refered by my friend. My friend already had the $1.00 credit. however no of us receive the $25.00 credit so far.

Did you activate your PM plan in-store or online?

You only get $10 referral credit for in-store activation

You get $25 with online activation.

You should have received your referral credit $10 or $25 within 72 hours after activation.

Send a private message to moderator if you have not received $10 or $25 credit yet.

Smlannigan

You only get the credit if you registered yourself online 

Lightning
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my new public line on November 25 and I was refered by my friend. My friend already had the $1.00 credit. however no of us receive the $25.00 credit so far.

Vasil

okay ,thanks

mimmo

@Vasilsent you an email.  might be best to remover your email address from teh public forum though.

Vasil

Hello

syphone

Right; however, you won't get $10 for 6 month if a retailer does it for you.

smp99

@Clarksss wrote:

oh ok, so if i don;t get the $25 credit. should i not see the $10 credit for in store?   I do see that i my number was used as a referal, but i don't see any credits?  how can i at least get the $10 credit?

Nope - If your friend used your number as referral and activated in store they will get $10 credit, you will get zero credit up front, but you will get $1 / 30 day credit. 

The only time you get an up front credit occurs when they activate at home and only during the special promo period.

@Clarksss. If you referred someone to activate, and they took the in-store promo, you will get $1/30-day or $3/90-day credit each billing cycle.  The $10 goes to the new subscriber on the in-store activation, or aka the regular friend-referral deal.

Clarksss

oh ok, so if i don;t get the $25 credit. should i not see the $10 credit for in store?   I do see that i my number was used as a referal, but i don't see any credits?  how can i at least get the $10 credit?

axman1000

That may have been it. My friend might have activated it in-store. I'll double-check with him and see what he says. Thank you everyone for the help 🙂

Carld123

@Freshane

As long as its online and within the timeframe of the promotion...

Freshane

I just got a sim and will activate online tonight. I understand I can get a $25 referral from an existing pm customer. But am I able to refer a friend and get another $25 after I have activated and refer someone?

Aton

@axman1000 wrote:

I don't think so. I'm on a 90 day, auto-renewal plan. I was referred to by someone else and so got a $10 credit, plus $6 for the auto-renewal. My plan renews only next month, and so I was expecting it to be $41 ($25  + $16), but I've seen nothing yet. 

@axman1000  Is that the Available Fund on the Overview page of your Self-serve Account still reads $16 and not $41? 

Note that they won't send you email after credited to your account. Just shows up in the Available Funds.

I have done 2 activations (for wife & mother) in the last 5 days (one after another 2 days apart). We got email notifications of successful referral right after activation and then the $25 credit showed up next morning.

Thanks again for all the step by step instructions advised by folks here in this great community!

syphone

It is online only. Make sure you activate it yourself. Do not let a retailer do it for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carld123 wrote:

@Anonymous

Funny..pic on the visually impaired..lol😀

Hey I'm not sayin' I'm right 🙂

Carld123

@Anonymous

Funny..pic on the visually impaired..lol😀

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carld123 wrote:

@Max_lab3

Hi..if you look at the yellow highlighted name like your is above,that is who the comment / advise is directed to..the less confusion the better..

Funny...I see orange.

Carld123

@Max_lab3

Hi..if you look at the orangy/ yellow highlighted name like your is above,that is who the comment / advise is directed to..the less confusion the better..

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@axman1000 wrote:

Hi! I referred a friend of mine and I got a message too from Public Mobile that I had referred him. This was on Nov 17th. It's 27th now, and I don't see my $25 referral credit. Can someone please help me? Thank you!

@axman1000, Did your friend activate online? The $25 referral credit was only for online activations.If they activated in store, they would get the standard $10 referral credit, and you'll just get the $1 monthly referral deduction.

Need Help? Let's chat.