cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until August 21, get the $50 8GB plan for $40/mo for 6 months

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to August 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on the $50 8GB plan pay only $40/mo for their first 6 months.

Plan details:

•     30-day plan
  •     8 GB Data at 3G speed
  •     +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  •     Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and U.S.
  •     Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •     Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select the plan “Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months”
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

•     Only the Ready-made $50/mo plan is eligible for this offer.
  •     Eligible customers will pay $40/mo for months 1-6, then resume paying $50/mo from month 7 and onwards
  • If you switch your rate plan from $50/mo at regular price, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K 

Once again...inconsistent wording. Your announcement post says immediately (4:05pm probably my time zone) but the plan details say Aug 20...tomorrow.

Doesn't matter now as it's now Aug 20 in ET. We've seen people get these things crossed up before and not getting the promo until specific action is taken that they shouldn't need.

@jor123 wrote:

@LeSong wrote:
So I simply can’t get this deal because I'm not considered a new customer yet I'm an exciting customer for 3 months ??
Please don’t tell me this is correct!!
Why nothing is fare when it comes to telecom companies!!
@CS_Agent
@Alan_K

Agreed, new customers shouldn't be treated preferential to those who have supported PM for much longer. 

The 6 month thing is to make price look better. I prefer if Public decide price they can offer this plan for always and give it to anyone.

toxicfire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i signed up 2 more lines this afternoon about an hour before this was posted lol sucks because i would of went this way too.

VanZem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@jor123 wrote:

Existing customers should be honored as well with these promotions. 

Totally!!!!

justinbeaudoin

Just putting it out there Telus owns Public Mobile /)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everybody is always free to get another SIM, use another email address and sign-up again getting a new promo. Particularly no problem if you picked up a new number or haven't ported over yet.

Sure...at the cost of the plan you just got. Use it for the paid term and then let it expire. Give it to a friend, a neighbour, a relative, as a hotspot.

Shanonymous
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wish I had seen this prior to signing up and activating at home YESTERDAY!!! I would have only seen it on this community, which I only found out about after activating my account. This is reminiscent of my previous experience with Telus.  After being a loyal Telus customer for 18 years they kept upping my plan and giving me less options despite offering amazing incentives for new customers only.  At least Public Mobile rewards loyal customers with $ off incentives for continued service.

justinbeaudoin

I'm really surprised that this isn't more public no pun intended. I brought over three friends in the last week... They just started. Maybe I should cancel and try again to get the offer. Silly. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LeSong wrote:
So I simply can’t get this deal because I'm not considered a new customer yet I'm an exciting customer for 3 months ??
@CS_Agent
@Alan_K

Agreed, new customers shouldn't be treated preferential to those who have supported PM for much longer. 

LeSong

Here we go,

So I simply can’t get this deal because I'm not considered a new customer yet I'm an existing customer for 2 months ??

At the end, the way i see what has been writen by @Alan_K to us,

Dear new customers, We welcome you.

Dear existing customers, Get lost as you’re not as important to us.

@CS_Agent

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Existing customers should be honored as well with these promotions. 

@XionBunny wrote:

@JohnO wrote:

Hi there,

I just signed up with you guys.  Why was I not enrolled in this offer?  Also, I tried porting my number from Freedom Mobile and the number did not port over.  I sent an message to your moderator team (Moderator_Team) and have not received a response.   Now I'm paying for service with both Public Mobile and Freedom.  What can be done about these issues?

The deal isn't even active yet, that would be why, at least according to the deal terms.

Yes, the plan page says one thing, but this annoucement another. The applicable dates are conflicting and also whether the first 30 days is discounted.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JohnO wrote:

Hi there,

I just signed up with you guys.  Why was I not enrolled in this offer?  Also, I tried porting my number from Freedom Mobile and the number did not port over.  I sent an message to your moderator team (Moderator_Team) and have not received a response.   Now I'm paying for service with both Public Mobile and Freedom.  What can be done about these issues?

The deal isn't even active yet, that would be why, at least according to the deal terms.

JohnO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

@Alan_K 

Can you clarify please?

At https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed , it says up to 7 days to receive discount and also says August 20 and 21 only.

Can you confim that the plan is already available and that the first 30 days is $40?

Need Help? Let's chat.