cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 16, 2018: These plans are now expired.

Update: Effective September 4th, 2018, the $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed plan includes Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and the U.S. See FAQ for details.

Hey Community,

Now, for a limited time only, get 6 GB at 3G speed for $45 or get 8 GB at 3G speed for $50!

Plan details:

$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 6 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

$50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Talk to Canada-wide and the U.S.
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$50 for 8 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$50 for 8 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happened to the previous “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan?

This plan has been expired and is no longer available in our Self-Serve and activation portals. If you’re currently on the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan, and would like to stay on this plan, no change is required.

I already purchased the previous “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my data limit automatically change to 6 GB?

No, the data limit will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the $45 for 6 GB plan, you can do so in Self-Serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

I chose to switch to the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” on my next renewal date. What will happen?

If you have changed your plan to the $45 for 5.5 GB plan and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date, you will have the “$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. Your plan will not automatically update to the new “$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed” plan.

What happens if these plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed“ or to “$50 for 8 GB of data at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I already purchased the previous “$50 for 8 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my plan automatically update to include Unlimited Talk to the U.S.?

No, it will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the new $50 for 8 GB plan, you can do so in Self-Serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

231 REPLIES 231

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Psst Chatr, make a $35 4GB plan. That'll make Public Mobile flinch for sure. *nudge* *nudge*

dna2016

Wow, including the U.S. unlimited that's really nice.  Too bad it won;t do much for me, but I'm sure there are people out there who would love unlimited talk to the U.S.  

Good job PM.

hocuspocus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I like the ability to burst data on any given month.  Also have alot of kickbacks from referrals so my cost basis is actually low and prefer to stay with PM.

@Sherbert, not sure if you've bought the Long Distance yet, but the 8GB plan for $50 just got updated to include the Canada-Wide AND USA calling.

You *may* need to cancel your plan change, and re-select it for the change to apply.  See the first post in this thread for more detail.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hocuspocus wrote:

Would love to see something like 18GB over 3 months for $120

@hocuspocus this more than 18GB  data over 3 month 😋 but is over price for 3rd tiers of Telus 

Still shaking my head how is possible for 3rd Tiers on 3G asking so much coins compare to Koodo full 4G LTE NETWORK will blown your face for 30.20 per month for next 12 month with HST  😁😀Screenshot_20180825-065252_Gmail.jpg

hocuspocus

Would love to see something like 18GB over 3 months for $120

I didn’t know what it said, I just knew it was there.  Had to go looking myself so I could instruct you @Sherbert.  Glad you were able to find it.

These addons are the same 2-step process.  Money first, then go back and get it again.

Sherbert

That was to easy. I was looking for an icon that said long distance. Not talk. Thank you I will get used to this site. Sorry for all the confusion with everyone

@Sherbert, sign in to self serve.

Press the button that says Purchase Addons.

On the same page where you picked and paid for US Roaming addon, there is under the Talk menu, the top two selects are the 200 minute or the 400 minute Long Distance sélection tools.

Addon sélections in Self Serve.Addon sélections in Self Serve.

Sherbert

Thank you but I am still looking for details on how to find the long distance features I do not see it anywhere on my account. and under add-ons it is only for the roaming. I am looking for the long distance feature button

@Sherbert

This is a separate individual plan 8GB at 3G for $50.  You can change your plan in your self service account either immediately or upon next renewal.  I would probably recommend at next renewal date.  If you renew immediately, you will have to pay the full $50 and will lose the remaining data from your present plan.  

Sherbert

Yes, you are correct. That is what I want to know is where do I find the feature for the long distance so I can get the 8GB promo? 

I had another thread asking about the US roaming because I had added it and could figure out why I was not seeing it on my page. But someone posted saying it is a 2 step process. I now have that figured out and that thread of interest is now closed.

@smp99, I think the answer to that is they want both now.  Roaming because they will be in the US. Then (possibly later) switching to the 8GB promo with Canada &US addon for US only long distance from Canada.

But I don’t know... this has been a drawn out thread.

smp99

Can you please clarify what you intended to buy because I think you are confusing us and we might be giving you wrong answer. 

Do you want the US roaming add on 

Or do you want the US long distance add on

Sherbert

Hi I do not see long distance feature on my page. I did the add on for the US because I will be in the US in the next few days. But I would like to add this long distance feature to my phone. and get in on the upgrade to 8GB

Sherbert

Thank you so much for this info. I did not understand why it took the money from my credit card but did not give me the US roaming add on. I have now purchased my add on. So when doing the add on you need to have the money in your account first then go do the add on. GOT thank you so much 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sherbert as mentioned that oddon is for when you are in the usa. What does your available funds say? Purchasing add-ons is a two step process 1) add funds 2) go through process again to purchase add-ons using the available funds . You might have hmjust done the first part.\\this link might help https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

Mike

PM is progressing I been waiting for this moment.

smp99

@Sherbert

I think you may be confused 

US texting and calling for 10 days is the roaming add on designed to be used while physically in the US. This is called US Roaming add on and as noted this expires after 10 days. 

$8 200min or $15 400min add on ( further down the list) is designed to call other countries while you are still in Canada. This is called long distance add on and never expires until the minutes are used up. 

I think you you wanted to get the Lond Distance add on. 

Sherbert

I just purchased some US calling and texting for 10days but I do not see it on my page as an add-on. And I just checked my credit card company and my payment has gone through. Can you help me with were I can see that I have this add-on

Sherbert

I do not see the long distance add ons?

Sherbert

WOW so much to learn. But I am loving this new service. I am saving 70 bucks a month. with my switch

@Sherbert, not the roaming addons, the long distance addons.

$8 for 200 Canada and US calling (for Canada)

$15 for &400 to Canada, US and 18 International countries.

these minutes last until fully used.  Depending on how many US LD minutes you use, this could cover off the loss of the unlimited US calling, while getting 2 more GB of data.

Think about it.

Sherbert

Thank you, I have the 6GB +500 and the unlimited Canada & US for $50 all ready. I just saw the *GB and got all excited LOL. I will just stay with what I have for now. Also the US add on's are only good for 10 days and I do lots of texting and talking to friends in the US 

@Sherbert, you can buy the $8 or $15 addons for 200 Canada & US calling, or the 18 International calling destinations.

i believe there is still a 6GB +500 MB 30 or 90 day build your own for $50 or $150 if you need more LD minutes to the US.

Sherbert

this new plan doesnt included the unlimited canada to US feature

andriykoval
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great plans, lots of my friends are switching. Loving those sweet-sweet ref bonuses 🙂

justinbeaudoin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@halifmike, No, if you switch it becomes a 30 day plan on your next renewal date. So you will finish your 90 days then after hop into 30 days.

As for your autopay credit, you are used to getting $6 for 90 days, $2 a month. And yes, that continues on a monthly basis if you are set up for autopay.

Hope that helps.

@halifmike

If you switch to this plan, it would be the 30 day plan.  But, you will stay maintain the autopay $2 per  month credit and any other potential credits.  It will just be pro-rated monthly versus every 3 months.  For example, for autopay, you would have gotten $6 every 3 months, but with monthly plan, you will get $2 every 30 days.  

halifmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

if you currently have a 90 day plan and you switch to this, does it become a 30 day plan? Or do you still have the option to swich to th 90 day plan and get the $2/month off still? 

Or when you switch to this are you stuck with the 30 day plan and not 90 day discount?

Need Help? Let's chat.