cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

But I am on the exact same plan, just not getting the 500MB bonus. To me, it's Public Mobile's way of offering an incentive to new customers but not automatically applying that deal to loyal customers and not inform them at all. I never got an e-mail from PM stating to take advantage of this limited time deal, and I have no reason to keep checking the PM website/forums to see if there's a new deal on. I guess I have to start.

@turboron, nobody gets an email to notify them of changes to plans or pricing or bonus offers.

Everything is posted in the Announcements forum, and it is the responsibility of the consumer to stay informed.

Visit the forum often, look at the plan pages often.  No one is treated differently here - all new promos have been posted to Announcements forum in my time here - save for some flash sales that just seem to happen off the cuff.

Perhaps new customers tend to get more deals - but these are in response to other carriers promotions.

Do your research, and stop passing the blame.  If you're not researched, you're the one who needs to step up.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my sim on 01 Jan and I chose the special offered $35 plan that indicates 500MB AutoPay bonus data will be included. And I also chose to use AutoPay but when I came to visit My Account, I couldn't see anywhere the extra 500MB. I have waited for a few days because I thought that it may need some time to be processed. But till now, there is still no sign of the extra 500MB.

I feel really upset now, can anyone tell me how I can resolve this? Or is the offer expired? (I don't think it is expired tho, cause a few mins ago, I still could see those offers in the main page) 

@AliceLe, the plan is active as it’s listed as a ready made plan, but I wonder if you signed up using the plan builder and selected the 30-day, Canada wide calling, and international texting with 1 GB, for $35??

The plans look similar,  ut the single selection ready made plan outside of the multiple selection builder is what you were looking for.

If this is the case, there’s still good news.  You can future date a plan change to the ready made plan on your next renewal.  Do not select an immediate plan change, as this will charge you full price now, and the previous $35 will be lost.

*IF* you did select the ready made plan, you will need to contact the moderators to get it sorted out.

Thank u for your quick reply! 

As I have said, I’m very new to the PM and the community. So pls excuse me if I have silly questions.

When I got to the choosing my plan step, my screen was similar to this

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-500MB-AutoPay-bonus-data-on-select-...

So I’m guessing they are ready made plan? I chose the plan up top and of course I made sure to check that the 500MB AutoPay bonus data info in included in the details before I proceeded to the next step because I have seen somebody posted they had trouble caused by choosing the same plan but with no indication of the extra data.

What could I do now?

@AliceLe, so you did pick the right plan.  So, I’m not sure what has happened, nor do I know if it will automatically appear, or if you should do my suggested action of the future dating to see if it will change at next renewal.

At this time, you should send a private message to the moderator_team using the envelope icon in the upper right corner of every forum page.  Send in a description of your issue, and await a response via private message from a moderator to confirm and assist with your issue.

Cool! I’ll try your suggestions.

Thank you for your detail instruction. 😄

It’s honestly the best, so far connecting to PM has been super easy. And now I have 5 GB which is pretty sweet. So far super happy from switching from Bell. I got plan 2. Super happy 😆 

Hmm, 

So where it shows your usage on main page it's not out of 1536mb?

The 500MB is only when you sign up for Autopay. Then it will show so depending on your plan it should show on the main page. My plan was the $40 for 30 days 4.5GB as soon as I signed up for autopay I was bumped to 5GB my main page shows 5120GB.

Click on Data & Add-On Usage to see more information and it should tell you.

hope this helps