Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated as of Jan 25, 2019

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective November 22nd, 2018 we are launching a limited time only bonus 500MB/ 30 days on select 30-day, 3G data plans when you activate on AutoPay.

So, which plans are eligible?

1. *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  2. $35 for 1 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk 
  3. $40 for 4.5 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  4. $45 for 6 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  5. $50 for 8 GB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide and to the US Talk

All of the above plans will receive a bonus 500 MB for anyone who signs up with AutoPay. This offer is available to new and current customers. And, as usual, voicemail and call display are included in the plan price.

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Given this is a limited time offer, we recommend visiting participating retailers to purchase a SIM Card. Find one nearest to you here
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select one of the above eligible promotional plans and register for AutoPay.
  1. Log in on Self Serve.
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”.
  3. Select “Change Plan”.
  4. Select one of the above eligible promotional plans. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.
  5. Be sure to register for AutoPay, if you haven’t already done so.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For more information, please read the FAQs in the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

How long will the AutoPay bonus data be available?

The 500MB AutoPay bonus data will reset each time your 30 day plan renews. This means you can use the additional 500MB every 30 days like you would use the rest of your plan data. That being said, offers are subject to change without notice.

What is AutoPay and how do I register for it?

Great question! You can learn more about AutoPay here. Registering for AutoPay differs depending on whether you are a new or an existing customer:

• New customers- In Step 4 of the activation process called ‘Making a Payment’, you will need to select ‘Register for AutoPay’.
  • Existing customers- Sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’.

What happens if I’m on AutoPay to get the promotional offer and then choose to remove AutoPay afterwards? Am I still eligible for the bonus data?

Once you choose to remove AutoPay, on future plan renewals, you’ll no longer be eligible for the AutoPay bonus data.

I am currently registered for AutoPay and am on one of the following plans that does not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus:

• *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk
  • $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

Do I need to do something to get the 500MB AutoPay bonus added?

Yes, to receive the AutoPay bonus data you will need to change your plan so that it matches one of the AutoPay bonus plans.

If you do not change your plan, it will not include the 500MB AutoPay bonus.

What happens if one of the above eligible promotional plans becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of the above eligible promotional plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the promotional plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I am an existing customer.

What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

Also, how do I change my plan?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here.  

237 REPLIES 237

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tav wrote:

I wish the 500mb $30 plan had the +500mb with autopay available. This would be the perfect plan for me!

@TavThey just added it for you 😉

"Updated as of Jan 24, 2019

So, which plans are eligible?

1. *NEW* $30 for 500 MB + Ultd International Text + Ultd Canada-Wide Talk"

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I wish that they would bring back better pricing on 90-day packages.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wish the 500mb $30 plan had the +500mb with autopay available. This would be the perfect plan for me!

@popping, i would say you’re safely on the 5GB without the forced AutoPay to keep the extra 500 GB.  As you left the original plan intact, you got it when the offer was changed for the future signups.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@daredogg wrote:

Hey @popping you were suppose to be the crash test dummy for this... did you get the 500 MB bonus + still received your $2 autopay reward?

Yes.  I got the $2 autopay credit with my plan change on the next renewal date setup one day before the PM added the autopay requirement.  I am not sure that which plan I had renewed.

My account shows the following description and does not mentioned anything about the extra 500MB on autopay,

• This plan includes: -
  • - 5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

I didn't get the extra 500MB data on top of the 5GB plan which was setup as plan change one day before the autopay/500MB was announced.  On the other hand, I don't want to test which plan do I have by disable the autopay. 

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Hey @popping you were suppose to be the crash test dummy for this... did you get the 500 MB bonus + still received your $2 autopay reward?

Lanalicious
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You’re so welcome glad I could help Smiley Happy

AliceLe

OMG! You’re right. I have checked my account and the 500MB extra is included in my total data. And I was like a headless chicken asking around for help. 

PM should have a better way to display this, because the way they are doing now is so confusing. It makes people like me think that data total is the original amount you get for the plan. 

Thank you for your clarification. I think a lot of people including me are so thankful for this info.

Lanalicious

The 500MB is only when you sign up for Autopay. Then it will show so depending on your plan it should show on the main page. My plan was the $40 for 30 days 4.5GB as soon as I signed up for autopay I was bumped to 5GB my main page shows 5120GB.

Click on Data & Add-On Usage to see more information and it should tell you.

hope this helps

Jatt47
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hmm, 

So where it shows your usage on main page it's not out of 1536mb?

Lanalicious

It’s honestly the best, so far connecting to PM has been super easy. And now I have 5 GB which is pretty sweet. So far super happy from switching from Bell. I got plan 2. Super happy 😆 

AliceLe

Cool! I’ll try your suggestions.

Thank you for your detail instruction. 😄

@AliceLe, so you did pick the right plan.  So, I’m not sure what has happened, nor do I know if it will automatically appear, or if you should do my suggested action of the future dating to see if it will change at next renewal.

At this time, you should send a private message to the moderator_team using the envelope icon in the upper right corner of every forum page.  Send in a description of your issue, and await a response via private message from a moderator to confirm and assist with your issue.

AliceLe

Thank u for your quick reply! 

As I have said, I’m very new to the PM and the community. So pls excuse me if I have silly questions.

When I got to the choosing my plan step, my screen was similar to this

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-500MB-AutoPay-bonus-data-on-select-...

So I’m guessing they are ready made plan? I chose the plan up top and of course I made sure to check that the 500MB AutoPay bonus data info in included in the details before I proceeded to the next step because I have seen somebody posted they had trouble caused by choosing the same plan but with no indication of the extra data.

What could I do now?

@AliceLe, the plan is active as it’s listed as a ready made plan, but I wonder if you signed up using the plan builder and selected the 30-day, Canada wide calling, and international texting with 1 GB, for $35??

The plans look similar,  ut the single selection ready made plan outside of the multiple selection builder is what you were looking for.

If this is the case, there’s still good news.  You can future date a plan change to the ready made plan on your next renewal.  Do not select an immediate plan change, as this will charge you full price now, and the previous $35 will be lost.

*IF* you did select the ready made plan, you will need to contact the moderators to get it sorted out.

AliceLe

I activated my sim on 01 Jan and I chose the special offered $35 plan that indicates 500MB AutoPay bonus data will be included. And I also chose to use AutoPay but when I came to visit My Account, I couldn't see anywhere the extra 500MB. I have waited for a few days because I thought that it may need some time to be processed. But till now, there is still no sign of the extra 500MB.

I feel really upset now, can anyone tell me how I can resolve this? Or is the offer expired? (I don't think it is expired tho, cause a few mins ago, I still could see those offers in the main page) 

@turboron, nobody gets an email to notify them of changes to plans or pricing or bonus offers.

Everything is posted in the Announcements forum, and it is the responsibility of the consumer to stay informed.

Visit the forum often, look at the plan pages often.  No one is treated differently here - all new promos have been posted to Announcements forum in my time here - save for some flash sales that just seem to happen off the cuff.

Perhaps new customers tend to get more deals - but these are in response to other carriers promotions.

Do your research, and stop passing the blame.  If you're not researched, you're the one who needs to step up.

turboron

But I am on the exact same plan, just not getting the 500MB bonus. To me, it's Public Mobile's way of offering an incentive to new customers but not automatically applying that deal to loyal customers and not inform them at all. I never got an e-mail from PM stating to take advantage of this limited time deal, and I have no reason to keep checking the PM website/forums to see if there's a new deal on. I guess I have to start.

It's not Public Mobile's worry if you're not on the best plan for you, they don't change anyone's plan to help them out.

It's up to the consumer to keep an eye on things to ensure they're getting the best plan for their needs, at a price they can best afford.

turboron

I have a question. Why wouldn't people like myself who are already on the $35/1GB plan with Autopay already set up be automatically given the bonus data? If I hadn't come across this info, I wouldn't be getting any bonus data.

Esabbah

Yes. That is correct .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hamaida wrote:

@AnonymousMy plan is same yours and its appear under my Data & Add-On Usage on my account 8.5gb . try to check your Data & Add-On Usage and you will see it Hopefully.

Thanks @hamaida. You're replying to my reply to @Mbroid. I asked the same question as you but he never got back.

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@AnonymousMy plan is same yours and its appear under my Data & Add-On Usage on my account 8.5gb . try to check your Data & Add-On Usage and you will see it Hopefully.

lyx

how come all other plans had a 90 days 1.5G bonus version, but not the $35 one?

myka

Made the switch thanks to your comment! Excited to get an extra 500MB for the same monthly fee!

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechucker wrote:

@RobertQc, last few times I've looked at either Chatr or Lucky, the autopay reward has been optional for 8mos. period.  This is the stupid +bonus feature that PM never had, and now uses as a gimmick, but isn't removable (via the way it just seems to stay all the time).

Someone is trying to confuse us - and they're doing a really good job of it.

Someone needs to keep track of these prices. and the changes. and no Im way too busy

I dont even know what my plan is as its not available and its not listed on my account.

All I know it used to be the plain 1 Gg data plan. I just look at the price with my discount and decide if its fair or not

sweetcute123

you can check in your data add on section

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mbroidwrote: I signed up for the $50 plan with auto pay however there is no indication of the 500mb bonus reflected in my account plan. Is this automatically added or should be stated with the plan details

-------------

When you click on Plan details from the overview page does it say 8.5gb?

Mbroid

lukey02

Yes you will get both the 500MB and $2 discount as long as you have auto pay on. 

Need Help? Let's chat.