cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for $40! OR Get 5.5 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: These offers will expire on July 9, 2018 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Hey Community,

We have expired our $40 for 4GB at 3G speed plan, and are offering two new promotional plans that are even better! Now, for a limited time only, get 4.5 GB at 3G speed for $40 or get 5.5 GB at 3G speed for $45!

Plan details:

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

$45 for 5.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get one of these Offers:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed” or select “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

If you are currently on the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan or selected to be on that plan on your next renewal date, please note that the data amount will not automatically update. You will need to change your plan to get one of these offers. See FAQ in the below spoiler for more details.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

What happened to the previous “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan?

This plan has been expired and is no longer available in our Self-Serve and activation portals. If you’re currently on the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan, and would like to stay on this plan, no change is required.

I already purchased the previous “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan. Will my data limit automatically change to 4.5 GB?

No, the data limit will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to the $40 for 4.5 GB plan, you can do so in self-serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

I chose to switch to the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” on my next renewal date. What will happen?

If you have changed your plan to the $40 for 4GB plan and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date, you will have the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan. Your plan will not automatically update to the new “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan. 

What happens if these plans become unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed“ or to “$45 for 5.5 GB of data at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

267 REPLIES 267

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechuckerWe will wait till July 9 and will see if they keep it or remove it? They need more customers... its new in alot of cities.

@hamaida, I would not count on that happening.  Here is why I say this.

1.  The extra 500 MB of data is a promo, that has yet to be ended.  It may stay longer, but it can disappear at anytime.

2.  The $40/4.5 GB plan is known to be ending Monday night at 1159 PM.  The price for the plan as ready-made will not remain available.  The ready-made $45/5,5 GB is also expiring at the same time.

@natstonecold, it sounds like your plan is currently expired, and plan changes on expired accounts can not be done via self serve without moderator assistance.

too do this yourself, deactivate your current plan, and once réactivâtes, rechange your plan, and submit it for next renewal.  Yes, you’ll have to wait a full cycle to get this, but it will take effect, and the price will be locked in.

Asking for Moderator assistance now is a crap shoot at best, as we are now in the last two days of the promotion, it’s a Sunday so moderators are not as available due to limited hours, and response times are delayed due to the promo ticket volumes.

My advice, choose to accept it or not, deactivate current plan, and reschedule a plan change for next renewal.  I’d hate to see you miss the deal.

anya

Hi @natstonecold,

Send a private message to the moderators as soon as possible so they can help you sort this out. I believe changing plans on a suspended account requires their intervention.

In your message to them include your phone number, account number and PIN in order to speed up the identification process. 

If you don’t remember your PIN, check if it is still in your text history. It is texted it to you when you first set up the account. You can also provide any 3 of the following instead of your PIN: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount.

• Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)
  • Response times are usually between 1 - 3 hours, but in peak periods, could be as much as 48 hours.

natstonecold
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I'm a current customer. I tried to change my current plan to this new plan. My credit card was charged and I can see the available fund is $40 now. But when I select "Change Plan" and select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”, I cannot choose the option "Change Plan now". I only have 2 options: Reactivating your plan / or Change on next renewal date.

Please help asap! Thanks a lot!

hamaida

@twI just ported my 2 numbers, the network with PM better than freedommobile.

tw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yep this $40 plan lets you go outside of cities and talk, text and use data without any extra costs.  no zone crap.  went to westlock no problems no extra $$$ switch 🙂

better than chatr crap.

hamaida

@stonechuckerI dont think it will disappear, it will be avilabel after July 9 but with higher price!

Both those plans will disappear from the pre made plan buttons on July 9th at 1159 PM Eastern time.

They are promos that have been available for about a 3 week period.  Act fast!

hamaida

@kellyrichardYes i can see it after i go to plans page, its there $45 you get 5.5 GB till July 9

@kellyrichard wrote:

Also another note guys, I notice this says $45 for 5.5 GB plan, I don’t see this on the site, will this appear after choicing a plan?

It's there.  It's won't show up in the build-your-own-plan tool but it is shown within Ready-Made Plans.

kellyrichard

Also another note guys, I notice this says $45 for 5.5 GB plan, I don’t see this on the site, will this appear after choicing a plan?

@kellyrichard, no, it’s NOT FREEDOM.  Telus company, shared Telus and Bell network, nation wide.

Im surprised Wow Mobile doesn’t know this.  They don’t even sell Freedom Mobile product or plans.  

@will13am wrote:

@JL9 wrote:

Looks like I'll be holding off this time. I was contemplating switching from the fall 2016 promo plan (so 90 days to 30 days)

Just had a moderator confirm that instead of getting 19 dollars in rewards on my next bill cycle, I would lose 13 and only receive 6 since it was a 30 day plan now. Not sure why I still can't have my 90 day plan worth of rewards credited.

Since Canada wide isnt really needed on my end and province wide is more than enough...I have to weigh the extra 500mb with dropping from LTE to 3G and it's a coin flip at best. The losing almost 70% of my rewards for a cycle makes me say I'll pass for now and keep me eyes open down the line.

Interesting that this is happening.  I was under the impression that generally rewards are earned before they are paid out.  In other words, it is the plan cycle that is ending which earns the rewards that will then be made available to offset payment for the new plan cycle.  This absolutely must be the case for community, referral and loyalty rewards.  There is no way to predict the reward level if the community reward was to be forward looking.  The referral reward rule is clear that rewards are given only if the referred party continues to have an active account on this service.  Again, how can this reward be forward looking.  It needs to be based on what has already transpired in the last plan cycle.  The loyalty reward is plain and simple by definition, it is based on the number of years of past patronage.  The only exception is the auto pay reward.  This is given for having the auto payment function enabled for renewal and as it covers the duration of the renewal period.  In other words, $2 per 30 days of renewal duration. 

Anyway, I have taken a personal interest in this and have initiated discussions with the moderator team on interpretation and application of rewards.  I will post the outcome when it becomes available. 

Edit:  Based on auto pay rewards reported by a customer, I change my mind on the assertion that auto pay reward is forward looking.  An early renewal of a 90 day plan between 60 and 90 days resulted in the auto pay reward shrinking to $4.  This makes things really easy, all rewards are based on the past plan cycle and paid out for the next plan cycle. 

Thank you. I am still awaiting clarification as well. I'm not sure if my question was misunderstood. Haven't heard yet. So may just future date and pull plug if I find out that there is an issue rewards wise

kellyrichard

I meant if the coverage for services is limited, as we were visiting a WoW Mobile stand which they all believe it’s similar to Freedom/Wind Mobile where it’s just limited to the city but I was confident it was Telus ran network that was quite broad, thank you everyone!

@hamaida, I believe @kellyrichard was asking what calling is in the the advertised plan.

Kelly, the plan covers all calls to any Canadian phone number, from any area of Canada wear you can access service.

this is a terrific plan, as Public Mobile doesn’t have zone coverage, and there are no overage charges ever!

@hamaida@  wrote:

@kellyrichardHi, Its dependes whats your plan, if yours province plan, you can talk and use your data in all Alberta cities, and if its Canada wide you can use it in all Canadian provinces.

Good luck

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Only talk is either province-wide or Canada-wide. Both text and data are nationwide, means you can text and use your data from anywhere in Canada. 

What is my signature doing in yout post? 

hamaida

@kellyrichardHi, Its dependes whats your plan, if yours province plan, you can talk and use your data in all Alberta cities, and if its Canada wide you can use it in all Canadian provinces.

Good luck

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kellyrichard wrote:

Hi everyone, I wanted to confirm if this plan is province/Canada wide network or only Edmonton/cities

Canada wide, there are no zones. You get service as long as you can get reception

kellyrichard

Hi everyone, I wanted to confirm if this plan is province/Canada wide network or only Edmonton/cities

new_user_2018

its a good plan...go for this

hamaida

Hi there,

Just give it some time, thats what happend with me and now its working.

if not you can send private message to Moderator team and they will help you quick.

Good luck.

hamaida

Hi there,

Give it some time.. thats what happend with me yestarday and it work now.

If not you can send private message to Moderator team and they will help you.

G

hamaida

Hi there,
You can send private message to Moderator team and they will provide you with all locations in Nova Scotia.

But try Walmart and Canadian Tire Nova Scotia, as i know they sale them.

Good luck

hamaida

I just ported my 2 numbers from FREEdommobile to Public Mobile. I am now on $40 plan for both numbers... 4.5 GB Data....

Very fast data, and never lose the calls like what happed with me on FREEdommobile.

Thank U Public Mobile U R the best

Gosens

Where can I get a SIM card locally as I want the special offer and it’s over Monday. Nova Scotia is the location.

Again, same price, a couple extra perks, but the speed, I don’t know.  It is LTE throttled, but, I can still pull the plug on this, and get things reverted.

what I think I see, is the the Auto Pay and the loyality have cycled backwards because the system knows I want a 30 day plan, however, it’s still looking to take $120, and is confused by the end date of the cycle.  I really think all the rewards are going to come back over the almost 90 day period.  I normallly get around $25 off.  My loyality will be an extra$3 and as community rewards have changed, I am not totally sure what I should be seeing.

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, I’m in agreement with you.

Ive currently scheduled the plan change for Sept 7.  Prior to making the change, and post the last renewal, I saw about $14 in renewals ,waiting to be applied 90 days out (Sept 7j.  I think this is based on the idea that I was on a 90 day renewal, so $6 AP, $6 Loyality, and $3 friend referral.  When I scheduled for the 30 day, it dropped to #22 AutoPay, $1 loyality (just on cusp of 2nd anniversary), and $1 friend referral.

I’m expecting this month some more rewards to appear as I wait for the first 30 days to pass, then in August again, and then Sept7.

i will know midweek next week, if these rewards appear as I expect.

Maybe we can get that fixed before your next renewal.  I am thoroughly convinced what I said is the only way to make sense of the reward system.  It is a bit of a stretch, but one could argue that even the auto pay is based on the past period and paid out for the renewal period.  BTW, you have taken the bait and gone 3G?  As a LTE hold out I am going to have to be careful.  I am not sure how endangered species are looked after.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Good afternoon Muldersarah28,

Thank you for choosing Public Mobile.

I did not quite understand your previous message, could you please answer the following questions in order to better understand your issue.

- Are you having an issue with your data and if yes what exactly is the issue.

- Are you experiencing any other issues apart from data?

Thank you and take care,

Abdallah.

@will13am, I’m in agreement with you.

Ive currently scheduled the plan change for Sept 7.  Prior to making the change, and post the last renewal, I saw about $14 in renewals ,waiting to be applied 90 days out (Sept 7j.  I think this is based on the idea that I was on a 90 day renewal, so $6 AP, $6 Loyality, and $3 friend referral.  When I scheduled for the 30 day, it dropped to #22 AutoPay, $1 loyality (just on cusp of 2nd anniversary), and $1 friend referral.

I’m expecting this month some more rewards to appear as I wait for the first 30 days to pass, then in August again, and then Sept7.

i will know midweek next week, if these rewards appear as I expect.

Need Help? Let's chat.