cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only

Great news!! It's an awesome plan 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only

@Alan_K glad to hear this plan is being extended for a limited time.  I was disappointed originally seeing that the plan was going to expire so abruptly, especially when it's been a pretty popular one from what I've heard/seen.  Not saying it's the most sold plan, but for $10 and features it provides, along with being able to apply add-ons I thought it was a great plan for seniors and kids (for emergency).  I got both my parents and mother-in-law on this plan and it's working out great.  I mentioned it to a number of friends as well and they are also thinking about it.  I just told them not to think too long now that it's scheduled to go some time soon.

 

I see that direct competitor Chatr offers as low as $15 with unlimited talk and text.  I assume PM is just trying to stay in line with the rest of the market.  Lets see how long PM continues to offer the 250MB on its $15 plan.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only

This plan is the only reason I wound up with a PM account. My needs are data only (and not a lot of it ...) but if this plan wasn't available at the time I signed up and the lowest option was the $15 plan I would have gone with the $19/1.5GB from Freedom. The $10 plan with a 1GB rollover LTE data add-onn that lasts me six months is a better deal. At $15/month, the $17/month I would pay for Freedom with the multi-line credit would be a better deal.

 

My point isn't to crap on PM ... the $10 plan is perfect for my needs and got a customer you wouldn't have without it. There are probably a lot of those. Good to see it's staying for a while.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only

I am puzzled.  Either people already have this plan, so it won't affect them if it is discontinued, or else people don't.  If they don't, nobody's stopping them from getting it.  What is the popular demand keeping it going - potential new  customers?  If so, PM doesn't make money unless people actually buy the thing.  Is it being kept going because some people have expressed interest?  Get a move on!

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only


@JackQuint wrote:

...

 

My point isn't to crap on PM ... the $10 plan is perfect for my needs and got a customer you wouldn't have without it. There are probably a lot of those. Good to see it's staying for a while.


I would not have become a customer nor would I have MANY of these plans for my family. So I would PM reverses course and decides to keep this plan indefinitely.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only


@marcnoel wrote:

I am puzzled.  Either people already have this plan, so it won't affect them if it is discontinued, or else people don't.  If they don't, nobody's stopping them from getting it.  What is the popular demand keeping it going - potential new  customers?  If so, PM doesn't make money unless people actually buy the thing.  Is it being kept going because some people have expressed interest?  Get a move on!


You can argue that with ANY plan....so why not just make ALL plans temporary promotions?  :-/

 

No, this plan serves many purposes as has already been stated several times: affordability, low cost plan for occasional use, flexiblity for seniors, vacationers, temporary guests, bridging placing accounts on hold, being able to have several plans simultaneously for multiple family members at a reasonable total cost, great for introducing referrals to try out, etc, etc. 

Oracle

Re: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only


@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@marcnoel wrote:

I am puzzled.  Either people already have this plan, so it won't affect them if it is discontinued, or else people don't.  If they don't, nobody's stopping them from getting it.  What is the popular demand keeping it going - potential new  customers?  If so, PM doesn't make money unless people actually buy the thing.  Is it being kept going because some people have expressed interest?  Get a move on!


You can argue that with ANY plan....so why not just make ALL plans temporary promotions?  :-/

 

No, this plan serves many purposes as has already been stated several times: affordability, low cost plan for occasional use, flexiblity for seniors, vacationers, temporary guests, bridging placing accounts on hold, being able to have several plans simultaneously for multiple family members at a reasonable total cost, great for introducing referrals to try out, etc, etc. 


You forgot one great marketing, plans starting at 10$.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only

The 10$ plan should be here to stay Smiley Frustrated #PMkeep10 #LessForLess

Tags (1)
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only

I feel promotion coming

It happened before that good deals have disappeared to make room for worse deals, then promo would show up for new signups and shortly after promo disappears the replacement plan also disappears and makes space for good old plan.

So i think it's not the last time we saw it

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only


@marcnoel wrote:

I am puzzled.  Either people already have this plan, so it won't affect them if it is discontinued, or else people don't.  If they don't, nobody's stopping them from getting it.  What is the popular demand keeping it going - potential new  customers?  If so, PM doesn't make money unless people actually buy the thing.  Is it being kept going because some people have expressed interest?  Get a move on!


The people who already have this plan are affected in their future flexibility. For example, if the $10 is best for me 10 months out of the year but there are a couple months I know I'll use heavier than usual, I can switch to a more expensive plan just for those months then switch back to the $10 plan after. If it's discontinued, I won't be able to switch back after, so I'd have to try using add-ons instead or find some other solution for the heavier months.