cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: $10 ready-made plan expiring July 16

@AmidaAs long as you activate the plan before 12:00AM tomorrow.. I don't see why not.

@Amida wrote:

My service is currently paused/suspended as I haven't been using my phone, but once I reactivate my current $10 plan, will I still be able to use it as a grandfathered plan?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Actually, as long as you re-activate your plan before your account expires, your plan is preserved. 

Oracle

@Amida wrote:

My service is currently paused/suspended as I haven't been using my phone, but once I reactivate my current $10 plan, will I still be able to use it as a grandfathered plan?

Thanks Smiley Happy

@Amida 

Actually, since you said "reactivate your current $10 plan", you are already grandfathered on this $10 plan as long as you don't make any changes, even if it's currently expired. To be sure, you can check your current plan listed under "Plan & Add-ons" in self-serve. If it's there like you say, that means you don't have to reactivate it immediately if you don't need it right away. (Rest assured, PM will not randomly change your account to a new plan just because the $10 plan will not be offered after July 15 to new customers.)  Accounts can stay in expired/suspended status for up to 90 days after expiration of the last paid period, then the entire account would be deleted and the plan and phone number would be lost. As long as you reactivate it before the 90 days is up, you will be able to keep this plan going forward.  If you would like to leave it suspended for a while, you need to be sure of when that 90 days ends, and give yourself some safety margin against losing your plan and phone number. When you're ready to reactivate, top up your account to match the plan cost and it will usually activate.  If it doesn't, then click the reactivate button.

EDIT: The original announcement was updated (Jul.15 @ 5:34pm ET) to indicate that the $10 plan will be continue to be available for a limited time from July 16th due to popular demand.

@SD08 wrote:

@Amida wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy

@Amida 

Actually, since you said "reactivate your current $10 plan", you are already grandfathered on this $10 plan as long as you don't make any changes, even if it's currently expired. To be sure, you can check your current plan listed under "Plan & Add-ons" in self-serve. If it's there like you say, that means you don't have to reactivate it immediately if you don't need it right away. (Rest assured, PM will not randomly change your account to a new plan just because the $10 plan will not be offered after July 15 to new customers.)  Accounts can stay in expired/suspended status for up to 90 days after expiration of the last paid period, then the entire account would be deleted and the plan and phone number would be lost. As long as you reactivate it before the 90 days is up, you will be able to keep this plan going forward.  If you would like to leave it suspended for a while, you need to be sure of when that 90 days ends, and give yourself some safety margin against losing your plan and phone number. When you're ready to reactivate, top up your account to match the plan cost and it will usually activate.  If it doesn't, then click the reactivate button.

BTW, if you choose to re-activate a suspended account yourself, which can be done via self-serve, note that this is unfortunately a 3-step process, which is not obvious. 

1. go to [Plan and Add-ons] tab then the [Lost/Stolen Phone] tab then click the (Resume Service) button.

2. Now go to [Overview] tab and click the (Re-activate Current Plan) button

3. You will now be required to add funds to your account, even if you have sufficient funds (fi you have plenty of funds in the account, you can simply add $1, otherwise add the amount needed to cover the cost of the plan).

Note: if you have AutoPay enabled, there is a bug in the system that will not auto-renew, so you have to add funds to force it to renew.

If you do not follow these steps, you will find that you will not be able to complete the re-activation process.

Public Mobile, if wanted our opinion about whether to keep this plan, you could have just asked.  Smiley Wink

This plan doesn't fit my usage, but I won't complain about customers having choice.

@SD08 wrote:

EDIT: The original announcement was updated (Jul.15 @ 5:34pm ET) to indicate that the $10 plan will be continue to be available for a limited time from July 16th due to popular demand.

That is good news.

@Moderator_Team  @Alan_K  PLEASE do not make this a limited time offer.

@Alan_K, your team is way behind the times.  Public Mobile used to be different.  Let’s bring back that mentality, and rock the socks off the tier carriers.  The company did it before, let’s do it again.

No more competitive responses, that’s being a follower.  Let’s get something mind blowing.  New and old customers want something grand!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated! Anyway, it’s good news for those who need that plan.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That change of heart is a pleasent surprise Smiley Happy

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@XionBunny wrote:

That change of heart is a pleasent surprise Smiley Happy

Not a change of heart, it is a business decision. If this plan is along line of the things Public Mobile wants to offer and competition also has it, plan might stay.