cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jairolevi if nothing else, it might start getting you a lot of unexpected texts and phone calls.  They might not all be for referral credits....    (since this forum is public and indexed by the allmighty Google.... I'd actually recommend you remove your number)

@bcsteeve were people really messaging you thinking you were the gatekeeper of whom gets the promo plan and whom doesn't?  Oh man, that's too funny.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bcsteeve duuude told ya.... people dont read...

You should totally take the referrals Smiley LOL

Cant believe it, and I was nice and quoted your comment....  

@bcsteeve wrote:

so long as you... err... use me as your referrer.  Yeah, that's it... that's what they said.  

Just tell them: "To be able to see the promo during activation enter this SECRET code.....  Then you will be able to select the promo plan"

Lets see if it works hehe.  Still cant believe it! That probably will get me banned lol...

JL

bcsteeve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Lol... OK, judging by my private message box... it seems some don't get my humour.

To be crystal clear:  I WAS KIDDING.  No, indeed Public Mobile did not bestow any grand authority upon me. I have no way to get you on this program.  It was just a joke.

Sorry  Smiley LOL

ewabas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
What if the sim card that I ordered on November 8th does not arrive? Will the promotion still be honored if I get another sim card elsewhere and just provide the order number for the original SIM card that was ordered prior to November 16th?

ShadowWarrior

Wow I leave for few hours and then I see some trololololo. xD 

Them fears. 

srlawren

@jairolevi@bcsteeve : priceless!!!

@bcsteeve, welcome to Public Mobile!  And, back to mobility!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jairolevi

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to send a PM to @bcsteeve if you want to be able to register in the promo....

The promo ended and was retired from the main page, only @bcsteeve can get you the promotion back!

@bcsteeve wrote:

they gave me the power to give you the deal still so long as you... err... use me as your referrer.  Yeah, that's it... that's what they said.  

🙂

bcsteeve

@jairolevi wrote:

Promo ended, @bcsteeve used the last account..

Sorry guys, will have to wait until next year!

err... yeah... that's right.  Umm... but they gave me the power to give you the deal still so long as you... err... use me as your referrer.  Yeah, that's it... that's what they said.  

🙂

jairolevi

Promo ended, @bcsteeve used the last account..

Sorry guys, will have to wait until next year!

bcsteeve

For better or for worse, I am now officially one of you!

To those that have yet to sign on... I'm sorry to say, that the system reported that I got the very last promotional account available.  Sucks to be you, but that's life I guess.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PrivateMobile that's correct.  Your auto-pay discount applies on your next payment (since there's no way to technically pay via auto-pay on your first payment... You're not signed up yet) 🙂

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@PrivateMobile yup. It will take effect next payment. That's why when people ask whether this plan will be $120 after 90 days, the answer is "maybe".  Most people are going to pay at least $6 less, or even lower if you have referals and other rewards.

PrivateMobile

Hey guys, just finished setting up my phone and excited to join Public Mobile. Just wondering since I prepaid the first 90 days already and then set up for auto pay, do I not receive the $6.00 discount until the next auto pay cycle?

bpalmer

If only I had read the first post ... thanks

srlawren
@bpalmer they took it off the site because anyone looking there now is too late to order and receive a sim card in time to activate for the promo plan. If you already have your Sim, go to the activation page and I promise once you choose a 90 day plan with province-wide talk, global text, and 12gb of data you will see the promo price of $120+tax. (but hurry, you must do this before 11:59 pm EST on Sunday.

bpalmer

This plan doesn't seem to show up as available on the web page anymore.  Anyone know why?  There was a button that would populate all the correct options before (when I signed up earlier in the month) but not now and even after manually selecting the correct options (90, Province, Global, 12Gb) it shows up as $186

bcsteeve

[edit:  nevermind... totally off topic]

WearySky

@udayr9 wrote:

Thanks for the reply selecting the global text option bumped up the price plan to more than 40 dollars, looks like I may have selected the wrong option.

And from your reply I am guessing text is included in the 40$ plan.

Thanks

Yeah, selecting global text bumps up the price, but then it also triggers the discount.  To get the $40 plan you have to select 90 days, province-wide talk, global text and 12GB of data.  It's actually $120 for 90 days, it's not available on the 30 day plan.  That may be what your problem was?

@bcsteeve wrote:

That really doesn't happen.  You hear stories, but almost always there's a left-out detail (like "oops, I gave my old address").  Canada has one of the most reliable postal systems anywhere, and these are shipped Priority, which is the best of the best.  These aren't getting "lost".

@bcsteeve I will take up that gauntlet

I live in the GTA area, just west of downtown Toronto

I have opened MULTIPLE tickets with post office & filed numerous complaints (I have even met with the higher ups personally)

The mail system in my area ROTS 

Not only are they super lazy, they are constantly misdelivering mail (to this day I am unsure why, but I constantly receive the mail for someone who lives about 3 blocks away. Our house numbers are the same yes, but street names are not even close. Mine is 8 letters long, his is 5 letters long, only similarity is first letter is same and our postal codes are different

Trust me when I tell you all the people who matter at Canada post know my name & face

So don't talk bs about our "great" postal system (which costs like 3 times what US costs and is far less efficient)

The whole reason alternate carriers exist (UPS, FedEx etc) is because there are many people such as myself who know if you want something to get somewhere DON'T use Canada Post

Also just as an FYI it gets even worse if you buy a new house since then you never see Canada Post

Many Canadians are getting their mail from 3rd party contractors who have nothing to do with CP

bcsteeve

I think another thing to consider when looking at these "they are matching" plans... is that PM openly allows EXISTING customers to take advantage of the new plan.  When I just checked out Virgin and Fido (fearing my SIM might not show up) I made note that they explicity say new customers only.

If there's an alternative (and there is!), do you want to be with a compnay that you know will screw you when a better offer comes down the line?  And they only have this offer now because PM is turning up the heat?  I'd rather be with the leader, not the follower, and certainly with the company that if they provide an even better plan down the road, I have some comfort that they'll take care of me as a loyal customer rather than telling me new customers are worth more than I am.

@Brooke_C please pass on that this didn't go unnoticed!  Being loyal to your customers strengthens their loyalty to you!

bcsteeve

@WearySky wrote:

What about the folks whose sims get lost in the mail?  I assume they'll still be able to get a replacement sim sent out and sign up?

That really doesn't happen.  You hear stories, but almost always there's a left-out detail (like "oops, I gave my old address").  Canada has one of the most reliable postal systems anywhere, and these are shipped Priority, which is the best of the best.  These aren't getting "lost".

On that note... mine showed up today 🙂   Yay.   I will shortly be joining the PM community as an official member of the family.  I'm only waiting for a certain someone to send me their phone number so I can make good use of that referral spot.

@imm1304 you also forgot to mention, it is on Fido/Virgin postpaid service

They GOUGE you (I wanted to use a more descriptive term but want to keep forum family friendly) the second you go 1MB over

$5 for every 100MB

See on Public if I use 4.5GB in one month no worry

On Fido if I used 4.5GB I see an overage charge of $25 on my next bill!

The long distance rates though poor pale compared to this

imm1304

also, out of province long distance is 50 or 55 cents per minute on those deals.  Comparatively, PM's long distance add-ons are 3.75 to 4 cents per minute and allow calling to 18 other countries as well.

@Hmm, @xCameron94x@benj@McLaren

McLaren

@Hmm  You mean Virgin and Fido.  And only for people in BC/AB

jimmyche
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks @Brooke_C

PM is awesome as they do listen.

I post the following on Tuesday and now they are doing almost exactly the same thing.
Loving PM more and more.

@jimmyche wrote:

@Brooke_C

Please consider extending this promotion, maybe by a few days. As there are many people who are having issue with Sim delievering and account registration issues.

Bravo if you agree.

@jimmyche wrote:

I agree.

I think Public mobile should stop selling any sims from 11/21 to 11/25

and then extend the promo by 5 days.

benj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Hmm sort of, but they're charging $40 instead of our $38 (after auto-pay), and they don't get the annual loyalty discount either 🙂

only in western Canada though. In Ontario its still $75 for 4gb

Hmm

Just an FYI. Both Koodo and Fido are mirroring this deal.

Paddle8

@Brooke_C wrote:

Hey @adams21,

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card on or before November 16th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. 

@Brooke_C So you'll still be eligible for the plan on November 21st if you ordered a SIM before the 17th?

Paddle8

double post

Need Help? Let's chat.