cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

Gary_Lw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife and I ordered our SIM Cards last week (Nov 7, and 😎  We haven't received our cards yet.  Seems that Canada Post had a hiccup in the Rememberance Day long weekend and our cards got held up.  Friend of mine ordered hers on Sunday Nov 13 and she already got her card on the 15!  You said PM will honor the promotion if we order before Nov 16.  So does that mean if we don't receive our card tomorrow (Friday, last business day before deadline), we can still get the promotion when we activate our SIM cards after Nov 20th?

mgi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

@mgi you got curt answers AND this thread is over 100 pages long BECAUSE people don't take the time to look first. Literally the two posts DIRECTLY above your post from yesterday that you are mentioning are pointing you at the answer to your question.  Sorry if this comes across as a jerky reply but this cycle has been going on since Oct 25th. Anyway, this is all moot since you have already taken your business elsewhere.  Fido is a great provider and I'm sure you will be happy there.  PM's model isn't for everybody, and it sounds like it wasn't for you.  I wish you all the best.

It does not come off as "jerky", but I may (but I assure you it is not intended, so please take this with the best meaning interpretation).

Sorry, dissappointment stings a little.

First, the thread that I responded to was over 100 pages long because everyone was stoked about the offer. I searched (between Google and the community) for at least 15 minutes before I posted.

Take a look anywhere before page 96 and it is almost only people that love PM (with a few newbie questions thrown into the mix).

If you think having an online ONLY support system that requires 100 pages of questions to find what someone is looking for is an okay thing, we have different opinions on UX.

PM's model WAS for me, but until the banner on their page (at the end of a very popular campaign) links to how I can sign-up instead of complaints about "Customer Support Tracking and Queuing System", PM will not be for me. I was ready to switch. I was fairly excited to switch. Apparently not yet. Maybe later.

bcsteeve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Paddle8 wrote:

It's clear they have lost and/or confused customers from the decision to hide the plan on the main website. 

Not necessarily a bad thing.  Too much success can be more of a problem than too little.  If they couldn't keep up, then they couldn't keep up.  Keeping the floodgates open doesn't help anyone either, right?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Paddle8 you nailed it, 100%.  Couldn't have expressed it better myself.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Paddle8

@mgi @srlawren To be fair I don't think it's entirely anyone's fault, it should be clear that the promo is still on-going but clearly it isn't clear enough. You should never make it difficult for people to give you business. Yes you can find it by reading, but as a new potential customer looking for the promo how are you to know exactly where to go to read? It's clear they have lost and/or confused customers from the decision to hide the plan on the main website. 

I also understand people getting annoyed with the repetitive asking of the same question.  From what I've heard the community is usually very kind and helpful but it seems people are a little on edge with the promo drama.. It's all just an issue of miscommunication. I'm sure this whole situation is a learning experience for PM. Smiley Happy

hopetindall
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @mgi

@srlawren is right - Fido is a great provider too.

I moved from Rogers (26+ years) to Fido in September (3GB Data/$15) and PM in October ($40 Fall promo).

I plan on keeping both services.

I've been lucky and haven't had any problems like some with PM activation and porting. I'm happy to accept a different channel to get support from PM in return for an awesome deal.

I'm sorry PM didn't work for you - but in all honesty - if it wasn't for PM - the Virgin and Fido promos wouldn't be offered. 

Competition baby!

🙂

PHT

srlawren

@mgi you got curt answers AND this thread is over 100 pages long BECAUSE people don't take the time to look first. Literally the two posts DIRECTLY above your post from yesterday that you are mentioning are pointing you at the answer to your question.  Sorry if this comes across as a jerky reply but this cycle has been going on since Oct 25th. Anyway, this is all moot since you have already taken your business elsewhere.  Fido is a great provider and I'm sure you will be happy there.  PM's model isn't for everybody, and it sounds like it wasn't for you.  I wish you all the best.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mgi

@DB wrote:

My Bad.  Heading to Vancouver tomorrow. 😉

THIS IS NOT YOUR BAD.

This is PM's bad (based on the number of people that can't figure out how to simply GIVE PM THEIR MONEY). Seriously, shop around before you head into Vancouver.

I was going to sign up yesterday, and asked a similar question, but the responses I received were all (paraphrasing) "Read more than the first 96 pages of the thread of responses in this thread", so I started looking around.

Long story short, I am not a PM customer and I just signed up with one of the competitors (the one with the dog, but you have to call them).

If this is the kind of "community support" I can expect, what happens when I have a REAL problem?

I'd rather not bother.

garysiao

@ShadowWarrior thanks for the lightning fast reply 🙂

OMG !!! definitely amazing deal... I'm so happy I made the switch to PM 🙂

ShadowWarrior

@garysiao it is part of the promo. 

garysiao

Promo says unlimited internation txt.. What about picture and video messaging ?  is it unlimited as well as part of the promo ?

garysiao

The promo says unlimited internation txt... What about picture and video messaging ? Is it also unlimited ?

imm1304

Most people are paying $120 + tax = $135 for those of us in Ontario.. tax varies a bit for other provinces.

Some people got lucky and skipped the tax at signup.  It seems to happen randomly.

@mharichu @tknguyen

I don't know about the others but my CC payed for the full 135$ 

tknguyen

@mharichu I think the first payment is 120 flat because i checked my bank statement and i wasnt charged tax 🙂

@mharichu

it is possible that it's for the people whom their Credit Card was only charged 120$ and no taxes. Some people reported that... so if You got only charged 120  the 15.6 $ will follow next month 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

seems like until the end of the promo we will have to copy/paste @ShadowWarrior Mega ultra useful tip about the plan not being over yet. since we are in the last 48-72 hours so such posts will be repeated hundreds of times. XD 

So dont forget say thank you and bravo him for the effort 

So here we go again for this page 

ULTIMATE LEGENDARY GUIDE TO ACCESS THE EXISTING 90DAYS PROMO.

- The promo is still ON but you WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE IT ON THE HOMEPAGE, but it still exists in the internal system thru new activation (Activate SIM card in home page if you scroll down you will see it) or if you already have an existing account you can access to it via self-serve.

SO HOW TO ACCESS THE PROMOTION?

When you have a SIM card go on the home page scroll down and select:

1.Activate SIM card (it will bring you to the page where you have to fill in you SIM card along with your personal info)

2.when you get to the plan section select:

-90days

-unlimited provincial calls

-unlimited text

-12gb of data

3. you should see the final price with the discount applied of the promo.

good luck

courtesy of @ShadowWarrior

mharichu

AutoPay Amount: $120.00
Tax: $15.60
Total: $135.60
Next AutoPay Date: 15-Feb-17 

*Taxes are applicable and will be charged on your next payment date. Taxes are calculated based on the province of your phone number.

So What is the $15.60 tax?
40*.13=5.2
45.8*3=135

what is this mean "
*Taxes are applicable and will be charged on your next payment date. Taxes are calculated based on the province of your phone number."?

DB

My Bad.  Heading to Vancouver tomorrow. 😉

mgi

It's not, you just need a SIM and then have to try to activate it to get the deal.

If you don't have a SIM shop around though.

There are 2 very similar deals if you call in.

tknguyen

@DB please read the posts before you post something. The promo is still until the 20th. There are pick up locations for the SIMs in some cities listed in the Announcements page.

DB

I knew the sale was up on the 20th.  Havent had time to order sims until now and its to late?  Your sale should have said until the 17th.

mharichu

SO HOW TO ACCESS THE PROMOTION?

When you have a SIM card go on the home page scroll down and select:

1.Activate SIM card (it will bring you to the page where you have to fill in you SIM card along with your personal info)

2.when you get to the plan section select:

-90days

-unlimited provincial calls

-unlimited text

-12gb of data

3. you should see the final price with the discount applied of the promo.

srlawren
@mharichu data and text work anywhere in Canada. Only talk portion is restricted.

srlawren
@qstylez to be clear, the promo is not being extended, and just having a sim card in your hand by the end of Sunday is not sufficient; you have to have already activated or attempted unsuccessfully to have activated your account having selected the promo plan in order for it to be honoured as of midnight Monday morning eastern standard time.

mharichu

Thanks shadow...

It says that unlimited provincial calls.

How about the data?

Is it provincial only?

qstylez

Really glad to hear the promo is being extended if you ordered the SIM card in advance.  I was able to successfully activate 2 out of 3 SIM cards.  The 3rd one is having issues and I'm still waiting for the technical team to get back to me, or for Moderators to take a look.

Thanks for being reasonable in dealing with the activations at this crazy time.

aaronsun333

ok, i understood now, sorry guys.

ShadowWarrior

@aaronsun333 do you even read?

aaronsun333

Hi,

I already did what you are telling me, but i dont see this 90 days/120G option at all. please check the screenshot.

Please help me on this, i have 2 new SIMs need to port to PM.

thank you so much.

Aaron SunUntitled.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.