cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

ridsama
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, like someone else said already, the Change plan at next renewal date could still be iffy. Is there any way to confirm that you will get this plan the next time you renew?

timothyfriesen

This seems really great. For less than my $135 every three months (6GB data and unlimited Canada wide talk) I could get 12GB of every three months and do a long distance add on. The International add on ($15 for 400 minutes) would be the same as what I am paying now and I would get double the data.

Will be switching my plan again (for the second time in six months). Thanks, PM!

sportymi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NDesai I am debating that too! I don't use that much either, but sometimes 1GB is just tight. Do you have problem staying within 1GB?

bryanbreguet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
How are we still having this question? 4G is LTE. No Canadian carrier is calling HSPA 4G.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dhanadhan wrote:

Now, this is a tough one. I am not a hardcore data user. Should I let go grandfathered $90 1GB plan?

Noooooo, @NDesai. I won't do it either. The grandfathered plan is still awesome for low users like me and you.

Hey @Aiden that is not allowed on this promo. That was possible on the different promo.

Now, this is a tough one. I am not a hardcore data user. Should I let go grandfathered $90 1GB plan?

Aiden

@sm2016 hey just saw your other post saying you started 2 weeks ago

you can switch to the new plan with no issues then right now if you PM a mod

anyone who was on their current 90 day plan with less than 45 days used can swap to another plan

Here's the news around it

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What happens if I sign up for a more expensive plan right before the rate plan options change? Am I able to change my plan without a penalty?

Customers who are on a 90 day plan and have used less than 45 days of service will be able to have their plan changed or credited. The chart below outlines a couple of scenarios and how Public Mobile will assist you so that you receive the best value for your money.

Scenario

Action

You are on a 90-day plan and would like to change your plan or receive a credit for the difference

If you have used less than 45 days of service, we can either: (1) credit you the difference between your existing rate and the new rate for a plan with the same options or (2) update your existing plan to the new suite of plans. If you take advantage of the credit, it will be one time only. After then, you are expected to update your plan options to the one that best meets your needs.

Be sure to take action quickly if you want to take advantage of the new plan options.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Big-News-We-just-launched-even-better-ra...

sportymi

Thanks! I remember the last time with the new 4GB plan, there was a choice to change if you are less than half way through the plan. I guess that was too much trouble... I better wait then 😃

Happy that Public Mobile continue to surprise me with better deals and services everytime!

Aiden

@sportymi you dont have to wait till Dec 24 if you want to pay now and change the plan but you lose whatever data you had left in your current cycle and you restart your cycle plan as of today

otherwise you can have the plan setup to pend to the 12gb option and on Dec 24th it will switch to that

I suggest you use up the data in your current cycle and then if you have no more data, just pay for the new plan right away but remember you only have until Nov 20 to take advantage of this so you should set up a pending plan change for now as backup

Aiden

@sm2016 yes if you future date the new plan, it will automatically change upon next renewal

this is what i did for 2 accounts

ie one is up for renewal on Dec7 so i changed the 6gb plan to the 12gb plan as pending

then upon Dec7, my autopay charges the $120-any rewards i have, and my plan changes from 6gb to 12gb

yours will do the same

if you have issues after the renewal date, PM a mod here and it will be fixed

TroyDaBes

@sm2016 Give it a try. Try contacting any PM staff and maybe they can help you change to this plan already. 

sm2016

@TroyDaBes I just started with public mobile 2 weeks ago

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
I am shocked 😮

Plus roaming coming next month. Awesome job PM.

rrusu

Thanks so much! I actually just figured out what I did wrong last time.

I started the new plan immediately, before my other one ended... this time I just switched over.

My baddd!

🙂

TroyDaBes

@sm2016 does it mean you just renewed your plan? Maybe try contacting any PM staff right now and change your plan to this?

sm2016

Can someone please advise.

If I future date it (but do not pay for it right now), then it will still be put into effect when my current period ends? 

My current plan is set to end in January

sportymi

My next payment is not until Dec 24! Do I have to wait that long?

TroyDaBes

My goodness. This is just awesome. I was actually expecting at least $50/month BUT THEY MADE IT $40/MONTH!!!!!!

Novaeddie

So I am going to set this up to change on my renewal from a Canada wide plane. If I add the 400 LD minutes now, will they not be used until the plan changes over on renewal or will they burn through the minutes even though I currently have Canada wide?

Just want to make the transition as seemless as possible so I dont forget to add the package on the renewal day.

Thanks.

Saray_O

Hi @Ray

We are not offering that option with this new plan. You could always go to your Self Serve and schedule the new plan to activate on your next billing cycle. It will still work even if your renewal date is after November 20. If you ever need help with your plan change, contact us and we will assist you! 😉 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

sm2016

I see no reason why every single person should not be on this plan!! Good job public mobile

Saray_O

Hi @rrusu,

You can just top up the difference (I understand you have an available balance of $111) and change your plan through the Self Serve. If you ever need help, send @Mary_M, @Shazia_K or me a message and we will assist you 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

rrusu

Hi! Awesome plan, would love to change to it!

I'm on the 90-day one now, for $120. Last time I changed on self-serve to a new promotion I was charged twice and a PM staff told me to just let them know if I want my plan switched again and they would do it themselves so I wouldn't get charged.

I believe my plan is ending on Nov 9th so I fall within the promo dates. 

Let me know if I should go ahead with the self serve option (i still have the $111 on my account from the previous charge, and I really don't want to pay for another plan up front to be used as credits next time....)

Thanks!!

Roxy

ryanwoo

Thank you @sugarysnack and @markjanzen for your quick response and test results.

I just did another test myself.

Telus: up 25, donw 27

PM:  up 31, down 13.

This time PM is better. I guess it was about timming. I so happy I was wrong!.

ellisd

Has publicmobile sorted out the whole issue when you switch plans it doesnt really work on renewal and we need to get help from the mods? I'm worried about it a bit but this plan is awesome!

Ray
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've read on previous plan updates where there was an option to switch a current plan to the new plan if you were under 45 days used of a 90 plan. Is this possible for this plan update as well? I literally signed up less than 2 weeks ago and would like to take advantage of more data now instead of 3 months from now 🙂

Here's the plan update from the summer noting the ability to change a plan with less than 45 days used:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Big-News-We-just-launched-even-better-ra...

@safahassan I wonder if you should disable autopay and then enable it again once your autopay date has passed? This should ensure you don't get double charged.

markjanzen

@sugarysnack wrote:

@ryanwoo Just tested my data speed and got around 20 down in Toronto with 3/5 bars on iPhone. Can't compare with Telus.

just did a speed test near downtown in calgary, 35 down/5.7 up. another test done at the airport was 40 down/13 up

think its dependent on your phone too im using a samsung s7

sugarysnack

@ryanwoo Just tested my data speed and got around 20 down in Toronto with 3/5 bars on iPhone. Can't compare with Telus.

Need Help? Let's chat.