cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

I am assuming plan was deleted from page so as not to troll anyone

Think about it; person looks online today (Weds) and places order for SIM card

SIM arrives in mail on Monday (2 day shipping)

Try to activate and ... whoops... promo is over

I only wish I had more spare SIM cards (probably going to use the final 3 this weekend Cat Sad )

N54BR0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Perfect, it's literally been like 5 minutes so I'll leave it overnight. Thanks!

@N54BR0

In my case and a lot of people the porting of the number took max 30 min. 

Once the porting is over the old account will get cancelled 

N54BR0

Just signed up and got the plan! 

It usually takes up to a few hours to port a number right? I came from bell, can't recieve texts as of yet. Also assuming that will automatically cancel my bell service?

ShadowWarrior
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@zhadj030 good luck lol

ASharpTM

@mgi wrote:

I was just about to sign up, but I can't find it on the web page anymore. It comes up with 2 G.

Has the offer been ended early or am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing something.

If you actually tried to sign up, you would see the plan listed during activation. It's no longer listed as an available plan due to reasons already discussed many times already in this thread.

@mgi 

just sign up normally it will show up

@ShadowWarrior thanx

I tried and it did work and I got a reply. So I am assuming that it does work for free numbers and not for numbers that do donations. I guess I will have to wait for 3 months to know the answer XD

mgi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was just about to sign up, but I can't find it on the web page anymore. It comes up with 2 G.

Has the offer been ended early or am I missing something?

@chicu1981

The promo is NOT over yet!
It is still there in the sign in process and in the self serve account.

see page 100

ShadowWarrior

@chicu1981 Read the guide that I wrote in page 100.

ShadowWarrior

@zhadj030 from my own experience those types of messages you get charged for if you are under contract or you have a monthly plan without a bound contract. But given this is a prepaid plan it might be highly likely that either the message go thru or it won't since I'm assuming that there is no forward billing in the prepaid system. 

But again I just transitioned to PM so I don't know yet 🙂

chicu1981

I see the price coming in at $186.  has this promo expired?

@ShadowWarrior I wonder if they count as "premium" since there is no payement involved and it is provided for free. But it would be interesting to try it. Correct me if I am wrong but if it is included the text will work but if it is not included the text will not be sent ... right ?

@bcsteeve ask them on facebook they seem to be able to track the shippement for you

ShadowWarrior

@zhadj030 I think they are not included. Because before they marked it in the small text saying that "subscription-based or premium texts are not included in unlimited texting"

@bcsteeve

I received my shipping notice one hour before the arrival of the pakage. I think you should be fine

benj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@bcsteeve wrote:

Ordered SIM yesterday (roughly 9am) just got shipping notification today.  Unfortunately, I think I'm going to just miss it if it is shipping from ON.  If it ships from BC then I should be good.

If it arrives in time, I'll be happy.

If it doesn't get here on Friday, then I'll *ask* (but not expect) them to honor the promotion when it does get here.

If not, then I'll decide at that time what to do.  I'm very impressed with the activity of this community and the PM concept as a whole.  So we'll see!

@bcsteeve I got mine, in Vancouver, the day after shipping notification. They send it express; I would not be surprised at all if you received it on Friday (and I think they've started doing Saturday deliveries now?)

those are short numbers you text for some services : per example in Ottawa we can send a text to 560-560  (Bus company) and a bot will reply by the time when the bus will pass

edit: typo

ShadowWarrior

What do you mean by shortcode texts?

@ShadowWarrior

do you know by anychance if the ShortCode textes are included in the offer ?

ShadowWarrior

Please refer to the guide that I made on page 100.

alohaya

I am trying to sign up for the 90 days / 12 gb / $40 plan and it is not appearing on the site?!

The forum clearly states that it is good until November 20, and it is November 16th today. Looks like a bait and switch?? 

_aliiakbar

hi, im trying to get this plan as it is only november 16, and it is showing me $186 and im not sure what happened so please let me know how i can sign up for the 12gb/90 days rather than 6gb/90 days. thanks

ShadowWarrior

I second what @ASharpTM said.

There is a whole description on how to do the porting in this forum. Just do a little search with the key sentence"porting guide" and you will find it. It is really easy.

ASharpTM

@erotavlas wrote:

@ShadowWarrior from what I understood of porting it has to be to a new account.  

This is not true for Public Mobile. You absolutely can sign up for a new account with PM and then port in your number at a later time to the same account. You will obviously lose the number you signed up for PM with but your service will now be associated with the ported number.

erotavlas

bcsteeve

Ordered SIM yesterday (roughly 9am) just got shipping notification today.  Unfortunately, I think I'm going to just miss it if it is shipping from ON.  If it ships from BC then I should be good.

If it arrives in time, I'll be happy.

If it doesn't get here on Friday, then I'll *ask* (but not expect) them to honor the promotion when it does get here.

If not, then I'll decide at that time what to do.  I'm very impressed with the activity of this community and the PM concept as a whole.  So we'll see!

slavitch

That worked, thanks!  It should be a sticky (really it should be on their website)

ShadowWarrior

@ASharpTM you are totally right Asharp 🙂

You can always open an account with the new promo and different phone number then port out later your phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.