cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

slavitch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So how do I register for this? It's not available on your website. It only shows 6GB of data.  Not good enough.

ShadowWarrior

@el56 close the browser and try again. It happened to me yesterday and I just started the whole activation process from the beginning. 

Make sure you have a good connection.

ShadowWarrior

The mod already explained why they removed it from the homepage (check page 96). 

The plan still available in the internal system I just tested it now for new activation and also is available in the self-serve if you already have an account with them. 

The promo expires after the 20th.

el56
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried it again. 

Plan was there, selected it.

System crashed.

Screenshot from 2016-11-17 00-45-11.png

zanunz

@Brooke_C So what are the odds that if I receive my SIM card after the 20th, I can still sign up my wife.  Two have been sent, the first never showed up and the second was ordered 2 days ago and shiped today.  That would mean it will not get here by Friday and Canadapost does nto deliver on Saturday.

prasprime

@el56 The plan is still there, Why did they removed the ad from home page?

Also the plan selector in homepage is also showing the regular price. 

Thank you.

If PM have a legitimate offer, why not display it there untill 20th. 

ShadowWarrior

No, it should be there. I just tested it. 

You choose 90days, then unlimited texting option then unlimited provincial option and ultimately  the 12gb of data option and you will see the promo discount.

el56

@Brooke_C wrote:

Hey everyone, 

We have removed the promo plan from the website; however the plan is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

Since we have temporarily stopped SIM ordering, we wanted to take this down from our website, as those who have not yet ordered a SIM or will not be picking it up at one of our 3 urban locations this Friday or Saturday, will not be able to take advantage of the plan. 

Hi Brooke,

I'm on the activation screen right now and it's not there.

The 90 day plan with 6GB is $120
The 90 day plan with 12GB shows $186

What should I do?

ShadowWarrior

The promotion is still going on but is present only in the internal system, that is for the first activation and in the self-serve option as the mod described.

spetel
SIM cards ordered on Monday will still be shipped, or everything is suspended until further notice?

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
While the promotion is still on they will still honor it

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
I do believe that it is for the same reason why SIM Cards delivery is suspended. Since they are no longer shipping they put the site back to its original plan before the promotion

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Sorry- not our intention! We are focusing all our efforts on helping those who are trying to switch to make sure they have the best experience. 

Paddle8

@Brooke_C wrote:

Hey everyone, 

We have removed the promo plan from the website; however the plan is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

Since we have temporarily stopped SIM ordering, we wanted to take this down from our website, as those who have not yet ordered a SIM or will not be picking it up at one of our 3 urban locations this Friday or Saturday, will not be able to take advantage of the plan. 

I was so scared why do this without notice....

dl135
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Where is the pickup location for Toronto?

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everyone, 

SWM

I just noticed this as well. I have another sim card in hand that I was going sign up for this plan by the end of the promotion period. I really hope that this is just a glitch and they haven't removed the promo plan before the 20th.

Tvisforme

@Brooke_C Hello mods... the web site (as of 3 PM PST) is not showing the $120/90 days option for 12GB data, only for 6GB data. 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

just a quick question : if we have the global texting then should I assume that short codes like (560-560) for OCTranspo are allowed. Also If the message is sent and receive an answer will that mean that no fees were paid .... right?

Paddle8

SIM card orders suspended?

to_j

Can you two take your dumb fight to PM please? Some of us are checking this thread for updates.

bcsteeve

@schwingpumper wrote:
I don't have thousands of customer's, but if I did I would hire enough people to take care of my customer's problems, the customer comes first in case you don't know  how the world works!!
 I have been in business for 25 years and also very successful , this isn't the way business is done , so you just sit home and watch your soap operas and play  sugar crush and  eat your bon bons..
i have to make a living ..

I'll ignore the last sentence where you turned into a child...  as for the first bit, you're right... that IS how it works... unless you're looking to pay $40 a month for a plan that costs twice that everywhere else.  You are trying to get a barebones plan from a barebones service but you want a personal phone slave to call when you need.

I think Bell is looking for someone just like you! Head on over.

schwingpumper
I don't have thousands of customer's, but if I did I would hire enough people to take care of my customer's problems, the customer comes first in case you don't know  how the world works!!
 I have been in business for 25 years and also very successful , this isn't the way business is done , so you just sit home and watch your soap operas and play  sugar crush and  eat your bon bons..
i have to make a living ..

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

So for who ever is interested.
Ordered a SIM card on Sunday. And received it today (Wednesday ) one hour after I received the shipping confirmation. Apperantly the shipping happened Tuesday and arrived the day after. Location is Ottawa.
Registered with no problems.
I am using galaxy s5 unlocked from wind for 30 $. I had a ROM installed so I chose the LTA/WCDMA/GSM which was enabled by default.
Didn't have to input anything in APN as SIM card kept refreshing and collected the network alone including ones from koodo and Telus (8 in total). Everything functions except that it says I am connected to 4G and not the LTE I was expecting. Kept connecting me to a cell 10KM away giving me only 2 bars (wind before was maxed) and I live only 20 min busing from downtown (any help with that).
After a couple of restarts did a speed check
Ping :31
Down: 27.71 ..............UP: 11.29
Is this normal?

Goo

I got the SIM card but having difficulties complete the activation. I am now afraid the issue won't get resolve before the promotion end. I sent private message to two moderator but no reply yet... Can someone please help? Thanks.

bcsteeve

What do you do for work?  Whatever it is... is it somehow helpful to you or your customer when a customer asks you the same question 9 times?  Do YOU always answer YOUR emails same/next day?  If so, do you have THOUSANDS of customers?

*breath*... just breath.  Nobody is forcing any of us to do this.  My take is that there are a lot of spastic customers, but for the most part the service seems pretty responsive.  I hope I get my SIM in time that I can "join the family" so to speak.  Maybe I'll spend some of my time here on the forum talking people down from their ledges.

schwingpumper

dont waste you money , there is no tecnical help , i have sent 9 private messages to mods ,, no help no return messages , i have had no phone for 6 days , im this is a joke ..

Canucks

Do you have a Rogers Business account or just an individual account ?

I have a "business" account through my wife's provincial government employee plan and I read from the forum that PM will try to transfer the business numbers within 5 days !?!  

My phone has been out of commission since I ported the number last night. I am hopoing it's just because the transfer is taking a long time to do and that there is nothing wrong with my porting.

I did see " Public Mobile" appear on the top of my phone ( used to say ROGERS ) briefly when I initially ported the number, and they even send me my PIN through text message.

Paddle8

@imm1304 wrote:

@Paddle8, no the tracking numbers are not being provided by PM.  I noticed the tracking number on the envelope as well.  But PM is not emailing tracking numbers.. possibly saving time by just sending out an automated "order shipped" email.  

EDIT:  you not getting email confirmation of the order shipping is sign of the incredibly busy times at PM.  I think each day they have shipped thousands of sim cards.

Yep, I just got the confirmation today.

pbt

Just subscribed to the $40 12 GB/90 days plan this morning.  I went online to pay the current Rogers bill just to make sure before I do the sign up with Public Mobile.  Signed up and fill out all the info on-line.  Choose the plan (plus the $15 400 minutes international add-on) with autopayment to save $2 per month.  Activation process went through very smoothly porting (including the existing phone number) from Rogers on my unlocked Iphone 6 Plus.  After I put in the Public Mobile SIM card, it only took about 5 minutes then its online. 

Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.