cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

sweebum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just ordered my SIM for the 40$ plan..I'm in Ottawa, do you think it will get here in time?

Thanks!

schwingpumper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

please help ported my phone # last friday , i havent herd from anyone , sent numerous private messages to mods , no return mail.  what can i do , i need this phone for business , its causing me alot of greif , thanks Don

spetel

I wish...

I purchased 2 sim cards to activate 2 accounts...

When the first one I activated was dead, I went to that account and changed the sim card to the 2nd, which worked.

Only because I did that, I now don't have another sim card to activate my seconds account... You see, my whole point was to get 2 accounts with this plan.

Still, no word from Public Mobile customer service is not the best way to start my relationship with a new provider... I'm ok with no phone help, but I expected emails to be answered within same/next day.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you activated the SIM you already got the plan.

You just have to login into your account and select "Change SIM card" when you receive the new one.

Thank you,

JL.

@spetel wrote:

Activated it, thought it would work - nothing. It is defective.

el56
UPDATE:
Ordered the SIM late Friday, delivered (Toronto) an hour ago. Thanks for the quick turnaround. Looking forward to starting the service.

spetel

Thats a great plan, but what kind of customer service is that?

I ordered 2 SIM cards to move to this really good offer.

One SIM card was dead on arrival, putting it in my phone just says "no sim".

Activated it, thought it would work - nothing. It is defective.

So, I activated the second one which worked great, but I wanted to move 2 phones into this plan!

I emailed your support to see if you can send me a replacement sim card, I ordered a new sim card after I got no reply.

Now, 3 days later and I still didnt even get a reply to my emails, the sim card is not here and I didn't even get the email saying the sim shipment is on its way...

I will most definitly not get it before this week ends, which means I wasted now 10$ for one dead sim card, one late sim card, and won't even be able to get the promotion I purchased them for.

Can someone from customer service look into this? Perhaps allow me to get this promo even if my replacement sim card comes in late? Perhaps refund me for the dead sim card?

Thanks...

emilykaz

Hello there.  I have been having problems trying to obtain this plan.  When my plan rolled over, it didn't take, and I have contacted one  of the moderators twice with no response (and emailed customer service).  Is there anything else I can do, or that can be done?

Canucks

Is it true that you can register and pay for the plan but port the number over from Rogers.

How do you do that when setting up the account ?

We have a "business" number, and it's been taking a long time to complete the transfer, I hear it can be up to 5 days to complete a business number transfer, is that why my phone is not working right now ?

Thanks,

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I ordered on Sunday , and received the confirmation right away. And I just received a shipping confirmation (3days later) ... is there anyway it might reach Ottawa before the 20th... Since not a lot of the community is from Ottawa and it isn't really a major city

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Change both plans manually to the promo, the change plan feature is broken. Your plans will both renew with another ten days and you'll have to get a mod to fix them.

kuri

@imm1304Thank you so much for the quick reply and confirmation!  It's nice to see a PM community like this one where everyone helps out where they can.

to_j

Hi,

Also in the same boat in that I just ordered a SIM that probably won't arrive in time. Any updates on the Toronto pick-up locations this weekend and how do I cancel my order now? It's very difficult to reach customer service via email unless you're already an existing customer.

imm1304

Hi @kuri,

Yes you can port your numbers anytime later from selfserve.  Its really easy.

It may actually be a better idea since the PM staff are extremely busy right now and may not be able to help you quickly if your port request failed today.

However, once the promo period is over, things will have calmed down and you will have a better experience if you need help next month.  

kuri

I just activated 2 accounts on a 10-day plan to test out coverage and reception at home and at work, and also set renewals for the 12GB $120 promo in advance after the 10-day expires.

To confirm, I can port in my own number after the renewal kicks in and the 12GB plan is in place, correct?  I plan on porting my number in next month since that's when I'd be free from any outstanding device fees from my existing contract.

curiousperuser

Hi,

I only ordered my sim card today (Nov. 16).

If it does not arrive before the 20th - will I still be able to sign up for this promotion?

Thanks!

bcsteeve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I ordered (before 9am yesterday) I was confident I'd get it on time, as it would be shipped XpressPost.  But... I guess I was thinking it would be shipped right away.  As of now there's no indication that it has been shipped.

There really should be a "if you ordered before this time, you qualify" policy. 

kab

I'm just hearing of this deal now and would like tot ake advantage, but I don't think I will be able to have everything in place in time (have to order a phone and apparently a SIM card). Is there anyway to sign up for the plan while I wait for the necesary items to arrive?

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Agreed.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
It would be nice if we could provide tracking to the customer as soon as it ships, @Dave_M

Rockdaddy22
It would be nice if we could provide tracking to the customer as soon as it ships, @Dave_M

srlawren
@waiwai please see here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

@waiwai, Dave has announced yesterday that PM is working on setting up temporary sim card pickup sites in major cities.  Watch out for the announcement with details soon.  These locations will sell sim cards for $5 each and donate the proceeds to a prostate cancer charity.  

If you are not in one of the major cities they announce, then you may be lucky and one of the community member near you can give you a spare sim.  

waiwai

Just ordered my sim card today, November 16th.  If I don't get my card by Friday, how can I still sign up for this plan?

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Dchen93Canada post has a confirmed delivery for you on November 8th.

I will private message you the tracking number.

Dchen93

Hey there,

I ordered my SIM on the 5th of Nov and received notice that it was shipped on the 8th. I have yet to receive the SIM card in the mail. Who can I message to get this looked into?

Thanks

Kogepon

Hi, 

I ordered my sim card last Tuesay(Nov. 7), and received shipment notification on Nov. 9. 

I still have not received the package. Can you please look into it? I ordered the sim card specifically for this promotion, and if the package is lost and won't arrive by Nov. 19th, I would like to cancel the order. 

Thank you. 

___

Update: A customer service rep replied to my email and took care of this at 6pm today. Thank you!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@sunnysideup

Send me a private message with your order # and I will see what I can do 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

sunnysideup

I would rather cancel this order and get the sims from Toronto Downtown if PM starts as announced.

@Shazia_K would it be possible to cancel my order since it has not shipped?

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Got to love Shaz she's the best 🙂

Canuck

Thank you so much!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Canuck

Done! power cycle your phone, please 😉

Have a great day!

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.