cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

Canuck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Morning @Shazia_K WIll do now 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Canuck

I'm sorry about that! 

Did you send me a private message with your phone number? if not please send it to me so I can make the changes. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Canuck

Sighs, added 120.00 to my account, it re updated the old plan, waste of 120.00, @Brooke_C I need to contact someone to change the plan to the 120.00, I didn't buy two 60.00 vouchers to re uipdate my 50.00 plan, a little pissed.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It's only $5 why not keep it, that way you'll be ready for the next promo.

sunnysideup
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

It looks like since I placed the order today there is no possibility of me getting it before Sunday. Is there any option to cancel my order since it has not shipped? My order number is 97124.

Thanks

el56

@sunnysideup wrote:

I live in Brampton, ON and placed an order 5 mins ago. Received a confirmation email instantly. Any chance I'll get the SIM card before Sunday?

Based on this message from PM (posted about 8pm ET Tuesday), probably not:

"If you order a SIM at this point (Tuesday evening), it will likely not arrive before the promo ends on Sunday. To help with this, we are organizing SIM card pick up locations in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal for Friday and Saturday for anyone who wants a last minute SIM card. Details to come, but the location will be downtown in each city and the $5 for each SIM will be going to Prostate Cancer in the spirit of Movember."

So... I guess the answer is "watch this space" (or at least the announcements area) for times and locations. If you're in Ottawa or elsewhere outside those three cities, perhaps someone here can pick one up for you and make some arrangement to send it (after PM'íng you the SIM card number you'll need to register online in time to get the deal).

sunnysideup

Hi all,

I live in Brampton, ON and placed an order 5 mins ago. Received a confirmation email instantly. Any chance I'll get the SIM card before Sunday?

Thanks!

imm1304

@Paddle8, no the tracking numbers are not being provided by PM.  I noticed the tracking number on the envelope as well.  But PM is not emailing tracking numbers.. possibly saving time by just sending out an automated "order shipped" email.  

EDIT:  you not getting email confirmation of the order shipping is sign of the incredibly busy times at PM.  I think each day they have shipped thousands of sim cards.

Paddle8

Are tracking numbers not provided? I never recived the shipping email but I got a SIM today and it does have a tracking number on the envelope. I ordered it on Sunday. According to tracking it shipped Monday and arrived Tuesday morning in the mailbox. It can be unnerving not knowing whether it's actually on it's way in a time sensitive situation. I would have appreciated access to the number but I don't know if it's a glitch as I never got the shipping email.  

no worries ... I will wait and see

@imm1304

I did read the post and it seems that it is a good initiative... is Ottawa a major city ?? I mean it is just Ottawa XD

bcsteeve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Of course I don't know, but I would suspect that if you ordered before say tomorrow-ish and *should* have been able to expect a SIM in hand by the time the promo ends... that they'd make exceptions and do some accounting magic to make sure customers are taken care of.

They seem like a fairly responsive and flexible group, no?

imm1304

@bcsteeve, you are right.  I didn't think to look at that.. but it looks like it has been 1 day at the most.  

I suppose the greater aggravation comes from having lost service with the previous carrier and still having no service with PM.  

imm1304

@zhadj030, @smchiu

There is a new featured post where Dave from PM mentioned that they will be announcing sim card pickup spots in major cities so that people can take advantage of this promo.  They will charge $5 and donate it to prostate cancer charity.

Look out for a post announcing this in the next day or so.  

Also for @smchiu, our community oracle @srlawren has offered to give up spare sim cards to those who need in Vancouver.  Get in touch via inbox and see if it works for you.  

@bcsteeve

lol . I am not freaking out yet, I am just being reasonable,,, I know I am still early but considering that I havent received any email of with confirmation or shipping I am just a bit worried. And some people already had it this evening

smchiu

I am in Vancouver BC...

bcsteeve

@zhadj030 wrote:

I am worried about the same thing. I made the order on Sunday and ome people did in the same time and already received it today and I have nothing in the mail box. Still waiting here in Ottawa

People need to chill.  Take a look at what you said.  You ordered on the weekend.  So Monday was "Day zero".  Today is Day 1.  You're "still waiting"??  It is XpressPost, not FedEx Insanity Service.  Actually, even FedEx Priority Overnight only *might* have gotten there by now.

I am worried about the same thing. I made the order on Sunday and some people did in the same time and already received it today and I have nothing in the mail box. Still waiting here in Ottawa... I know I need to be patient but after reading around 7000 messages ... I am getting worried

bcsteeve

@imm1304 wrote:

@Kuriby, I am sorry that you are having a negative experience getting started with PM.

Wish these problems didn't take so long to resolve, so your opinion is justified based on your experience.

100% of this person's posts have come in the past 12 hours... so really... how are they taking "so long"?  This sounds like exceedingly poor patience more than anything.

[edit] Oops, I misunderstood the profile information.  100% of the threads he's participated in have had a response in the last 12 hours.  I think.

[edit2] Nope, I was right the first time.  All posts in past 12 hours.

imm1304

@smchiu, where are you located?  You can pick one up from me for free if you are in Toronto.

smchiu

Hello all,

I heard most of the people ordered last weekend received their sim card already. I placed an order last Saturday, but still haven't received anything....haven't even received any email indicating that it has been shipped... =-( Really worried that I might miss the promotion.

Just wondering if anyone can offer a helping hand please?

Thank you...

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I reccommend that people sign up with a new number and port-in their old number after the promo is over this weekend so the support backlog is cleared and you can be helped quickly should any issue arise.

imm1304

@Kuriby, I am sorry that you are having a negative experience getting started with PM.

Wish these problems didn't take so long to resolve, so your opinion is justified based on your experience.

I helped 5 different friends move to PM in the last 3 days.  2 from Rogers, 2 from Chatr and 1 from Bell.  All 5 lines took about 10 minutes each to activate and another half hour each for the numbers to port. 

I am not saying that there are no problems, but I am just pointing out for fairness sake that majority of new customers are not encountering issues as verfied on RFD and Reddit forums too.  

This is an extremely popular promo with lots of interest from thousands of people daily.  I think it has caught PM a bit off-guard and they are scrambling to fix problems and respond to customers who experienced glitches/errors for whatever reasons.    

I still remain hopeful that PM will make your situation right and it will turn out to be the right move in the long run that saves you money while giving you the reliability of Telus network.  

Kuriby

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR PUBLIC MOBILE!!

At the moment, you will have a high possibility of:

1) Being charged the full amount with NO SERVICE

2) Account will not be activated to make changes

3) If you plan on porting a number, you will lose this number in limbo due to bugs on public mobile.

4) Lack of customer support, there is NO phone, and NO response from email up to 1-2 weeks.

I highly recommend every stays away from this company. Telus will not help you.

alexzxn

I have an extra SIM card if anyone need it in Cityplace (downtown Toronto).

meekju1339

I have 6 SIM cards left, if anyone around me needs one. Im in guelph near the university.

I know some of you are very worried that theirs wont come in as I would be haha.

Private message me to arrange something

ChameleonX

@Brooke_C @jimmyche

I agree.  Checked my mailbox tonight after work for my missing SIM order, and nothing.  I've now come to terms with it not arriving at all, even though I received shipping confirmation last Wednesday.

Really hoping my order from Monday comes through. 

jimmyche

I agree.

I think Public mobile should stop selling any sims from 11/21 to 11/25

and then extend the promo by 5 days.

tknguyen

@jimmyche

good idea but i think if they extend it longer there will be more customers and more sims to be delivered.. just extended issues 😩 

tknguyen

@jimmyche good idea but i think if they extend it longer there will be more customers and more sims to be delivered.. just extended issues 😩 

Need Help? Let's chat.