cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

zanunz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I ordered a sim card for my wife on Nov. 7.  It still has not arrived and I never received a shipping notice for the SIM card?  I have the paypal receipt.  I want to get in on the deal, but the SIM card has not arrived yet?

@Shazia_K 

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's the opposite at my house. More than 2db even, two bars better with PM. Actually any carrier, including WIND, has better reception at my house than Rogers. They keep on giving me credits when I complain but have never done anything about it in all these years. 

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jcninov Yes you just call *611 and ask to switch to the pick and play plans, the CSR will you walk you through from there.   (did this for my wife few weeks ago - switcing from legacy plan to new plans)

hopetindall

@si_kwok wrote:

I have been with Rogers for over 15 years, and coming to Public Mobile... the savings are amazing.. that's first, but the reception is top notch. I live in an apartment building where I park a car underground 3 levels, and I never received a hint of a signal. Somehow with Public Mobile I get LTE 3 floors down.. reception and savings.... if your hesitant.. don't be... if you missed out.. don't say we didn't tell you.

Hi @si_kwok

For me it was over 26 years with Rogers.

I'll be honest - my signal levels are about 2db worse on PM than Rogers - but still perfectly fine for usage.

(The nearest PM cell-site is half a kilometre further than the nearest Rogers cell-site).

But - saving $935 a year made this a logical choice!!!  🙂

PHT

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jcninov yes because you are on one of the legacy plans, you will have to change your plan via the call centre.  One thing to be aware of is that after changing to this (or any other current) plan, you will no longer be able to receive any support via the call centre--support will only be available here in the community, or via the email support route.  Also, once you have left your legacy plan, you will never be able to switch back.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jcninov Yes, voicemail, call display, call waiting and call forwarding are all included.  

jcninov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi.

I want to change my plan but I have a question first.

I'm a legacy customer, what are the diferences betwen the oldest plans and this plan?

My plan is $40 and the details are:

This also includes:

• Unlimited Canada-wide Long Distance
  • Unlimited global text messaging and picture messaging in Canada & the US
  • Voicemail
  • Call Forwarding
  • Call Display
  • Call Waiting
  • Conference Calling
  • 1GB of Data

I think the only big difference is change the Canada-wide for the Province-wide, this is not a critical change for me, but the other things like, Voicemail, Call display, call waiting and call forwarding?? these are included in the plan??

The only way to change is calling to the call center??

Thanks

si_kwok
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with Rogers for over 15 years, and coming to Public Mobile... the savings are amazing.. that's first, but the reception is top notch. I live in an apartment building where I park a car underground 3 levels, and I never received a hint of a signal. Somehow with Public Mobile I get LTE 3 floors down.. reception and savings.... if your hesitant.. don't be... if you missed out.. don't say we didn't tell you.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tknguyen

Did you already use 12Gb of Data?

WOW I am impressed Man Tongue

JL

tknguyen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@zhadj030 i know for sure the data service stops once you reach the limit of 12GB

please provide more info about your problem so that they can help you. 

What phase are you in , what did you do , didnt do, if no onw knows contact a moderator

@tknguyen 

I believe it is an other advantage as well. If I am not wrong if you do something not in the plan it just wont happen and wont overcharge you 

*typo

hopetindall

@snehkavi wrote:

I want to get my brother sign up with Public Mobile for this fall promo 2016 plan. He is currently with koodo. He wants to end with koodo next month on the 15th (December). 

Can he sign up today for a 30 days plan and pay $11 + tax for the text only plan...and would he be able to future date this promo today, after the signup, to take effect next month on 15th December, but with $120 - 12gb/unlimited province wide/unlimited texting with the auto pay in place?

Would appreciate some feedbacks here!

Thanks!

Hi @snehkavi

The 30 day text plan is actually $25 plus tax.  (the 10 day plan is $11 plus tax).

Yes - your brother could activate a SIM and (important) prior to November 20th - he could schedule a future dated plan change to select the promotion plan at the end of his current (30 day) plan.

PHT

Sedul

Can't activate, please help!!!

snehkavi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to get my brother sign up with Public Mobile for this fall promo 2016 plan. He is currently with koodo. He wants to end with koodo next month on the 15th (December). 

Can he sign up today for a 30 days plan and pay $11 + tax for the text only plan...and would he be able to future date this promo today, after the signup, to take effect next month on 15th December, but with $120 - 12gb/unlimited province wide/unlimited texting with the auto pay in place?

Would appreciate some feedbacks here!

Thanks!

tknguyen

@hopetindall wrote:

@tknguyen wrote:

@hopetindall wrote:

@zhadj030 wrote:

And let's say you go over your Internet cap ... what happens ? Are you charged extra or just the service is stopped?
Many thanks in advance

Your data connection will STOP after you reach your 12GB  cap. (Unless you have any prepaid data add-on left; in which case this will be used.)

PHT

No overages.. yaaaassss! 😄 

Unlike some - I think this is a plus too!!

I used to get charged $15 for going over 1MB!

hopetindall

@sportymi wrote:

hey guys! I want to know if I have to stop service for a month after I finished with the first 3month-12gb plan, can I resume with the promotion plan?

If you don't renew your plan (by not having funds in your account and not setting up auto-pay) - you account will be suspended.

You then have 89 days in which to make a payment and renew your account - and it will stay on the same promotion plan.

If you don't make a payment to renew - at the 90 day suspended mark - your SIM will stop working, your account will be deleted, you will lose your phone number,  and even worse - the awesome plan will be lost. 

Oh - the humanity!

😞  

PHT

tl;dr  Yes - you can 'stop' your plan (i.e. not renew) for up to 89 days before losing everything.

hopetindall

@tknguyen wrote:

@hopetindall wrote:

@zhadj030 wrote:

And let's say you go over your Internet cap ... what happens ? Are you charged extra or just the service is stopped?
Many thanks in advance

Your data connection will STOP after you reach your 12GB  cap. (Unless you have any prepaid data add-on left; in which case this will be used.)

PHT

Unlike some - I think this is a plus too!!

sportymi

hey guys! I want to know if I have to stop service for a month after I finished with the first 3month-12gb plan, can I resume with the promotion plan?

tknguyen

@hopetindall wrote:

@zhadj030 wrote:

Many thanks in advance

PHT

hopetindall

@zhadj030 wrote:

Many thanks in advance

PHT

imm1304

I don't have a lot of experience with the international sms.. but what you are saying sounds right.  International sms to regular mobile numbers.  

If you use up all the data included in your plan, your data stops working.  You never get billed for anything later.  Everything is prepaid.  You can purchase a data add-on in this situation. 

Good thing about the data add-on is that it doesn't expire like the data included in your plan.  It comes into effect when you run out of the data in your plan and then just stays in your account until used up.

@zhadj030 no it doesn't matter which carrier you are coming from.  We have a really large number of Wind subscribers moving to PM in the last 2 weeks.

@srlawren, great minds indeed 😄

I thought your answer was more to the point and concise 😉

Cheers 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
I appreciate the advice. I might be coming from wind mobile but I rake it that nothing will change with that.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
@srlawren @imm1304
Thank you for you quick answer.
Again I apologize for the same questions I didn't have time to read the full messages before so bear with me a little longer 😉
I wanted to confirm the first post as English isn't my first or second language. So many thanks for that.
I did take a look at which phones accepted and they do need to be unlocked so that part is clear.
I do have a question on globale messaged and j want to clarify that it is "world wide" messages (SMS/MMS/ Texting ) except for the promo numbers services.
Many thanks in advance

srlawren

@imm1304 wrote:

Hey @zhadj030,

4. Up to you... you can port your current number to PM anytime you like.  During activation, or later when you have the line confirmed working.. sign into selfserve and port by yourself.. nice and easy.

@zhadj030 I actually recommend that you do the "later when you have the line confirmed working" approach and always recommend it to people.  That way, your Fido line stays active if you have to sort out any PM account issues from the activation, or if you find out your phone isn't unlocked and isn't working, etc.  It's a safer approach.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@imm1304 great minds think alike.  🙂  Actually, your answer was better as you provided more details.  After having retyped the same thing so many times, I seem to be tending toward less verbose answers lately.  😉  I like yours better though!

imm1304

@srlawren already answered it all perfectly.  I was stuck on this page for a while.  Thanks.

imm1304

Hey @zhadj030,

1.  No. Telus will not provide any support for PM customers.  The only support is via the webmail, or this forum via moderators.  Its been working fine for me for over a year this way.  

2. It says in the OP that you can keep the plan as long as you keep renewing it.  So it is expected to last given that you stay on the plan and renew it every 90 days.  If you don't renew at the end of a 90-day cycle, the account is suspended.  You have 90 days from the day your account gets suspended to reativate it by making a payment.  If you fail to reactivate the plan in this time frame, then you lose the promo plan.

3.  Voicemail is included.

4. Up to you... you can port your current number to PM anytime you like.  During activation, or later when you have the line confirmed working.. sign into selfserve and port by yourself.. nice and easy.

srlawren

Hi @zhadj030,

1) There is no in store or phone-based support;  PM support is provided here in the community, or via the Contact Us form on public mobile's website.  This is the model PM has chosen to help keep plan costs low, by operating as a no-frills provider.

2) Yes, keep the plan as long as you like.  This has been stated about 37 times in this thread already, including in the very first posting.  🙂

3) VM is part of the plan.  10 messages, up to I believe 5 minutes each. No extra cost.

4) Up to you, but you can certainly port it in or you can use a new number.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Just double checking on some informations before I sign up. 

I am in Ottawa, so will Telus stores be able to provide support, if not where can I find it.

second question is and again I want to confirm that the new offer WILL LAST even after the promo period is over. 

Third question is voice mail active or is it an add on. 

Fourth question : am I keeping my phone number

I appreciate the answers as I have no idea how things work and randomly foud about this offer on the internet and still lacking info about it.(so please support me a bit more)

BIG THANKS FOR THE ANSWER. 

Need Help? Let's chat.