cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

ReillyWood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you PM for listening.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Rockdaddy22

Awww, thank you, Scott! Heart

Cheers, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shazia_Kwrote:

Hey guys, 

Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding the price plan increase.

Please refer to this post in order to get more information about it https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/A-letter-from-Dave-on-the-infamous-40-for...

Thank you,

Shazia

Didn’t I tell you guys I love @Shazia_K

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey guys, 

Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding the price plan increase.

Please refer to this post in order to get more information about it https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/A-letter-from-Dave-on-the-infamous-40-for...

Thank you,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For sure, definitely no overnight action or even in the next 5 years, but the more the concern is raised, the more it will be a reality for them to address.

@Watoko it actually is a good idea since Wireless Code failed on many levels

But that takes time

@Watokowrote:

Maybe I should escalate this and send a message to my local MP.

chrismclachlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Like most people now posting on this thread, I am very disappointed in having the cost of my plan increased. I think people understand when new plans are offered with new features, faster speeds, etc, they may need to pay more, but we were promised at the very beginning "no surprises". The very line in the first post on this thread states:

• If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises

Whether this was technically legal because of your Terms of Service, it is very very poor business and a horrible way to treat your customers, many of who referred their family and friends to bring them to Public Mobile. 

If this decision is not reversed immediately and we receive the plan we were promised where the plan price would remain at $120, as long as we are an active customer on this plan, "no surprises", I will be filing a complaint with CCTS and the Competition Bureau.

Regardless of that decision, I will be further evaluating my wireless options and moving my business away from Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile if this is the way customers are treated. 

Note: this is a screenshot of the original post on this thread in case it disappears.[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited _ - https___productioncommunity.public.png

bcsteeve

Well, sort of.  They are seperate entities, but yes ultimately they all answer to the same board.

Alexo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't forget that PM, Koodo and Telus are the same company.  If PM pulls such shenanigans, you can bet that their corporate matters are directing it.

freeday1919
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Another customer feeling very disappointed to hear that you are planning on violating the terms of the promotion that you originally offered us.

According to your promotion:

If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises.

My account status has never waivered from active, and yet my plan price is due to increase.  Surprise!
Barring a satisfactory response on your part in the next few days I intend to follow this up with the CCTS.

synnkim

Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days.

This is bad. So disappointed PM.

bcsteeve

Don't settle for "at least".  And if everyone murdered someone, does that make it right?  Stand up for yourself, and make the complaint.  It isn't hard nor does it preclude you from biting the carrot they're dangling.

Rockdaddy22

@warrenspencer27wrote:

I am very disappointed to hear that you are planning on violating the terms of the promotion that you originally offered us.

If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises.

My account status has never waivered from active, and yet my plan price is due to increase.  Surprise!
Barring a satisfactory response on your part in the next few days I intend to follow this up with the CCTS.

Warren

Of course nobody is happy about this, carriers do this kind of stuff all the time, I guess PM is no different 😞 At least they’re giving us the Koodo option, better than most carriers would do. 

bcsteeve

Whether this is "fraud" or a broken "promise" or not is up to the commissions and courts to decide.... and they may win.  But they WILL win if we don't make the complaint.  

Everyone go to https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/ and follow the instructions.  Don't whine and be rude, just make a clear concise point referencing the original plan, the wording on their publich posts, and the new plan and why that's a problem for you.

warrenspencer27

I am very disappointed to hear that you are planning on violating the terms of the promotion that you originally offered us.

Warren

RyanJuergen

This is literally defraud 

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001cwrote:

For those who have not been watching the cellular industry

1- When Telus took over Public, Telus instantly cancelled all old plans (with some absurd claim that the new network was better hence they would charge more). Many complaints filed and public outcry (even to media) resulted in nothing.

Telus even broke the terms of service here since most Siren plans had a guaranteed price for 20 months (max you could have used them was 5 to 6 months)

2- Mobilicity advertised "plans for life" but then Chatr (Rogers) took over and changed all the plans. Lots of complaints filed to CCTS but again no dice. 

Prepay providers CAN change "guaranteed" or "for life" plans

Happened before and happening now

Heck look at the TS debacle with Bell - Telus data roaming

Bell was true evil here (cancelling / blocking) but Telus started adding roaming fees without consent

The unfortunate reality of our wireless/cable/internet sector in Canada, where customers can be routinely shafted and the government will just sit and watch. Why these corrupt and unethical practices have not been more strictly regulated boggles my mind.

Maybe I should escalate this and send a message to my local MP.

Rockdaddy22

I’m going to be rich now, that’s a lot of money for me 🤑

RyanJuergen

This was a lie you just increased it 25%...

Rockdaddy22

Unfortunately it can happen with all carriers 😞

Tdog

Why am I being bullied out of my current plan 40/12gb? When I signed up for this plan I was told 

• "If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. "
  • I'm not accepting this offer and I'm not switching to koodo, I will however be filing complaint with BBB and ccts exposing how I've been tricked in to signing this plan, very shady of public mobile to lie to me about this when I signed up

Rockdaddy22

@ihaveimpulseswrote:

Yes they were

public evidence.PNG

Doesn’t look like a promise or guarantee to me. Of course it’s pretty **bleep** close to one, we all thought it’s would last a lot longer than this 😢

For those who have not been watching the cellular industry

1- When Telus took over Public, Telus instantly cancelled all old plans (with some absurd claim that the new network was better hence they would charge more). Many complaints filed and public outcry (even to media) resulted in nothing.

Telus even broke the terms of service here since most Siren plans had a guaranteed price for 20 months (max you could have used them was 5 to 6 months)

2- Mobilicity advertised "plans for life" but then Chatr (Rogers) took over and changed all the plans. Lots of complaints filed to CCTS but again no dice. 

Prepay providers CAN change "guaranteed" or "for life" plans

Happened before and happening now

Heck look at the TS debacle with Bell - Telus data roaming

Bell was true evil here (cancelling / blocking) but Telus started adding roaming fees without consent

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ihaveimpulseswrote:

Yes they were

public evidence.PNG

I can see any lawyer arguing their way out of the OP because it does not state for ever (it just states after the initial 90 days)

However the answer to this 2nd question is damaging (to PM) because the question asks specifically "forever" and the answer is "yes"... but then someone would say that this person answered without the consent of public mobile and likely will be the scapegoat (my post is purely speculative, but I have seen this before)

ihaveimpulses

Yes they were

public evidence.PNG

Rockdaddy22

I don’t believe any promises were made

g_kwon

When I signed this plan with Public Mobile I was promised $40 per month even after the promo ended.

Now they are going to change our agreement without my approval.

This is a very bad way of doing business.

I'm extremley disappointed.

ReillyWood

How is PM resolving the conflict between today's notice of the upcoming rate change on this plan and their original promise of no rate change?

srlawren

@BESTwrote:

My plan was renewed last week so I will be losing 2 months on the plan I paid for. 

@BEST for this point, I thought it's important to point out that this offer is available until March 15th.  So, you could wait a little to minimize the loss.

EDIT: fixed date

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Chadlindstrom

Myself as well.   With the rewards perks, PublicMobile is a much better deal than Koodo.   This is a no brainer to stick with PM as it’s much more flexible and much cheaper (at an increasing rate).  

A big BIG factor for me choosing PM was the statement that I could keep this plan for as long as I am a member and that I could lock in a different plan at the end of my rolling 90-day term.  

Need Help? Let's chat.