cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - June 2021

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

Hi Community,

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations on the Community last month! The Community could not be such a great place to get support without you all.

We’d like to give a special thanks to all our members who earned Community Rewards for their contributions. These members were able to make a big impact and support their fellow Community members by providing detailed and high quality solutions.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

A big congrats to the 2 Community members who earned the Top 1% Reward. The daily work of these awesome folks is truly amazing!

And a big shout out as well to the 7 members who earned the Top 5% Reward and the 8 members who were in the Top 10%! Their contributions to the Community should not go unnoticed.

Together, the Community members in the top 1%, 5% and 10% had a total of 332 accepted solutions in June. Thank you all for your amazing work!

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Reward Chart.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Andu_S_0-1626083903220.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Andu_S_1-1626083903226.png

• The Public Mobile Community Team

175 REPLIES 175

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite : I accept the reward structure as is. I disapprove of cheaters... either maliciously or not. I have some minor issues with some mostly invisible Oracles. I also have issues with some Oracle behaviour supposing to uphold the attitude of the place when they don't.

@Anonymous wrote:

Says one with the guaranteed twenty bucks.

So some mild posts get wiped out lickety split but still the bravo counts and rewards of the one user remain. Priorities?

@Anonymous  If you don't appreciate the reward structure, take it up with Telus. Nothing we, Oracles, have suggested to deal with your concern has been accepted.

Don your armour and have at it.

william windmills.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I am available to chat anytime @@ Melinda and @@ Jade_. Doh tags not working on phone

Uh oh... as an Oracle, did you actually just break this Community @ShawnC13?!?  

(just joking... was simply amused when I saw this!😂

I didn't give out any personal information, with your level of activity and standing in the community I would expect you to be a candidate.  If you applied or didn't that was your choice.

I am available to chat anytime @@Melinda and @@Jade_. Doh tags not working on phone

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reported for outing personal information/knowledge. We'll see what if anything comes of it. Pretty classy move there dude. /s

@J_PM , @Melinda_H 

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 : Moving posts and threads is a visible activity. Editing personal information is too. Obviously marking thread solutions. Archiving to protect the innocent too. (just off the top of my head)

I know it's "only" $20...but it's guaranteed. Oracles don't have to "earn" it. We all know reviews are few and far between. The rest of us have to earn the lesser rewards. Or cheat.

Edit: I didn't say who did anything. Just that things were done.

Just think before rewards were increased the top 1% was happy with the $6 that was rewarded and Oracles were $10.  The top 1% had the biggest increase with that change.  As you are very vocal about the rewards the Oracles are "guaranteed", while the others have to "earn" it, I think it is also fair to mention that you were a candidate in the last round of selections going for the "guaranteed" reward.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : Moving posts and threads is a visible activity. Editing personal information is too. Obviously marking thread solutions. Archiving to protect the innocent too. (just off the top of my head)

I know it's "only" $20...but it's guaranteed. Oracles don't have to "earn" it. We all know reviews are few and far between. The rest of us have to earn the lesser rewards. Or cheat.

Edit: I didn't say who did anything. Just that things were done.

I know the Oracle's didn't remove any posts because they aren't in the archive.  Public Mobile's community their rules and moderators.  Must have been a mod who worked on that thread

I guess we are lucky as Oracle's that the regulars don't seem to like to follow topics so that we have stuff to move to correct locations to "earn" our rewards. As well everyone is different with participation levels and PM is aware of what my availability is as I have always kept them in the loop of what my real life commitments require if my time.  I am sure the other Oracle's have done the same

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : As I said in the the lounge thread. I have reported this issue.

As I have said many times over the years when Oracles challenge people getting bravos that they feel are improper that who are they to talk when they get their reward even for barely appearing here or not being visible in other ways. If the regulars here can't see the activities of Oracles and how they come to "earn" their default reward then the Oracles will get challenged by regulars.

Edit: so let me get this straight...appointed Oracles can bang on with negative comments like with promos or plans but others get edited for anything negative said. Is this fair? Did somebody actually report a complaint about those posts that got edited or removed? Do people actually have that thin a skin?

@Anonymous it isn't just this thread that it happens a majority of threads just go on and on.  If you have an issue with the reward system or what I get as a reward take it up with PM directly.  If it is just me you have an issue with feel free to message me directly. Pages of posts won't get a change.  Especially when they are done cryptically.  

Edited to add "mild posts get edited quickly".  I guess those are mild to some and not others, just as you interpret !!!! As yelling and others don't have an issue with it

@Anonymous it isn't just this thread that it happens a majority of threads just go on and on.  If you have an issue with the reward system or what I get as a reward take it up with PM directly.  If it is just me you have an issue with feel free to message me directly. Pages of posts won't get a change.  Especially when they are done cryptically.  

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Says one with the guaranteed twenty bucks.

So some mild posts get wiped out lickety split but still the bravo counts and rewards of the one user remain. Priorities?

So currently there is an investigation going on with some activity that had happened here and people are upset I understand that.  But then I come in here and see pages and pages of posts and Bravo's (which count in rewards) going back and forth.  This is why I don't think an announcement thread should count in rewards calculations either

barndoor

Ok thanks  ... maybe   I was getting my medians and averages  kerfluffled . As long as I can keep them appropriate I'll be fine . 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : darlicious has taken upon themselves to be the stats person around here. The only way to do that is to manually go to all the users that seem to be participating to some degree and collect their stats. The easiest way I know is to hover a mouse over a username and a little window pops up with all the relevant stats. I think there are ways to do this on a mobile browser but I've not had much luck.

There used to be a bravos leaderboard that made this much easier. But it got removed some time ago. There was an unpublished solutions leaderboard but it also got gortched.

Then she punches (copy/pastes) all that into a spreadsheet (the Univac 5000 joke) and lets it rip. She seems to think she can divine the calculation and out pops the order of stats. Then it's a matter of where the company draws the line between the different reward levels. Thus what she calls being on the bubble.

@barndoor 

I don't know how helpful these are....447/526/41

barndoor

So  that was the median for the totals for  the  board for the month ? 

@barndoor 

Of course....posts/bravos/solutions.......28/17/0 are your stats for the month of June.

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

BTW the bar was set pretty low this month for participation so 28/17/0=top 50%

Mind explaining  the significance of those numbers leading up to 50%  for   we  mere peasants ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

This thread has been officially scrubbed ivory soap clean. It's too bad pm hasn't done the same with 700 odd bravos......

@darlicious : Wow. Yeah really. One user can be the beneficiary of malice or cheating and ...crickets. But woe to those writing things.

@Anonymous 

This thread has been officially scrubbed ivory soap clean. It's too bad pm hasn't done the same with 700 odd bravos......

barndoor

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious : I'm officially bewildered.

That has to be close to a record for brevity  ... 😉    Nope .. a tidbit or two missing .

edited to ad ....oops  I see you'll know that by now . 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I'm officially bewildered.

@Anonymous 

You quoting me does but not my original post nor the preceding posts that inspired it. Your ball....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : If we keep this up then it will get punted by the puritans but ...what are you talking about? This is all still here. You made some rhymes. I quipped about being moved by beautiful poetry. What's the problem?

@Anonymous 

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

That's...that's...that's beautiful. 😪

🙂

@Anonymous 

Apparantly it's not beautiful to our puritan overlords who can't grasp the concept of tongue in cheek. They take all the pun out of the community! Get the whip out and start cracking it........oh wait that might be fun for some......nice punt!!!

BlueB

Funny... I seem to be not around when this announcement gets made, and of course it explodes!  🙂  Then, the discussions within this thread this month are particularly interesting!

Congratulations to everyone who received a rewards, and to everyone for contributing to the community. 😎

LEGO

@Anonymous wrote:

...Exclamation marks mean yelling.

I don't consider using an exclamation mark as a sign of yelling. To me its more as a sign showing strong feeling, like a word stress. ...and I like using it!!! 😀

Need Help? Let's chat.