cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systems Update: Ability to change plan while in suspend

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Have you ever experienced frustration from not being able to change your plan in Self-Serve when your account was in suspend? Well, we’re excited to let you know that, as of today, you’ll be able to do this without having to contact our Moderator Team!

We also thought we’d share some helpful pointers:

1. Changing your plan is a 2-step process, so be sure to complete both steps. Step 1 initiates the change, and step 2 reactivates your account via making a payment (if necessary).
  2. Make sure to review your details carefully before changing your plan. Once you’ve selected “Yes, change my plan”, all features from your current plan will be lost and the plan change will be completed, even if you do not make a payment in the second step.
  3. Top up your account with sufficient funds to cover the remaining amount owing. Since we are a prepaid service, you need to have the funds available for the plan change to fully take effect. If you only have partial funds in your account, or if you do not complete payment after changing your plan, you may be left with no or partial service. We have introduced several warnings to ensure you don’t leave the page without topping up, but figured we should mention it here as well. Note: If you have sufficient funds to cover your new plan, you won’t be taken to the payment menu.

What happens if I don’t take into account the above pointers? What should I do?

In this scenario, your account could still move from suspend to active, re-starting your plan cycle and potentially only reactivating a portion or none of your services.

If you find yourself in this situation, simply make a one-time payment from the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated.

If your services aren’t restored, please reach out to our Moderator Team ASAP and they will help get things sorted out.

Never changed your plan before? Learn how to here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

97 REPLIES 97

@Dunkman wrote:

It is a confusing payment history.  You did pay twice.  Maybe one of the oracles can have a look  @will13am 

Might need to wait for moderator unfortunately.  

This does not look right.  I can't touch account related matters.  Need to get the moderator team involved. 

It is a confusing payment history.  You did pay twice.  Maybe one of the oracles can have a look  @will13am 

Might need to wait for moderator unfortunately.  

gaby_64
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Screenshot_2018-10-17-23-32-00.png

gaby_64

If they are going to forgo call centers and offload to a community forum, they cant do that half assed.

This is a regulated public service, the CRTC is going to hear about this through CCTS and they will face penalty's for their carelessness, issues happen too often, how many lives are endangered by situation where you think you have service and a glitch stops you from being able to make or receive important communications? I have been in remote towns(with coverage) with such issues.

@gaby_64

Unfortunately, the wait times are closer to 72+ hours for moderators, so hopefully, tomorrow you will get some response from moderator.  Supposedly, a few team members have been sick and the wait times have creeped up again.  

Yes, this website needs lot of work to make it more useable.  Lots of things to improve.  

Not sure whether the community members can help your situation.  If you want, maybe a screenshot of your payment history (without personal information) might give us some more information.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Don't do  a chargeback that messes things  up worse.  Just contact mods and discuss . They will most likely give you credit on account. Not refund

gaby_64

I paid to apply a plan to the account(Monday), it stayed broken while I waited for mods to reply, and then I paid the amount due as per this thread (today), which applied the plan a second time.

So I paid twice for the plan. 

I contacted support 2days ago with no answer

Do I need to initiate a chargeback and leave because Im getting really tired with the total incompetence of this company.

Fix this or Im leaving with everyone I have refered and manage accounts for.

Btw I am a programmer, I know what it takes to make production code, its called code reviews and testing, doesnt look like they do much.

Give me a week with the backend and I will give you a plan to revamp it and fix all the issues.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Animoe wrote:

I have tried the steps over and over to solve this probem. I have bin trying to pay for 3 days with no progress so its time to ook at other options

@AnimoeI suggest contacting the mods to get this resolved.  Send a message to moderator team. Click this to send them a message  Please include in the private message your phone number, name, your account number and PIN code with as much detail as possible to prevent the need for more contact so they can solve the issue right away.

Community moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT) and strive to answer within the hour, but in peak periods could be up to 48 hours. Please be patient

More about contacting moderator team Click Here

Animoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried the steps over and over to solve this probem. I have bin trying to pay for 3 days with no progress so its time to ook at other options

Animoe

It said something hold might not be it , Anyhow I go to change pan then try to pay up and I get An error occured and we were unable to change your plan. It wil not let me top up my acct

mimmo

@Animoe when you say you put it on hold what do you mean you let it expire or you enabled lost stolen mode.

Did you follow the instructions on the first post?

Animoe

I first put my acct on hold Now its suspended went to upgrade and pay but no such luck. Wil not let me do anything Any hep woud be appreciated, Thanks

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Lina3,

thanks for taking the time to share your concern! We're really sorry to hear about this situation as it seems you can't use your services after recently trying to change your plan. Rest assured that we can help.

As stated above, can you please send us a private message including your details? We'll be more than happy to look into it for you 🙂

We look forward to helping you out!

Sincerely,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren

@Lina3 wrote:

this is definately crazy! I paid 20 for the data then another 8 dollars for the 200 mins and I can't even talk or use my data.   I should have just stayed with my 40 dollars plan with unlimited talk and text and 4.5 gig of data.  You are advising me to top up again for 10 dollars.  Definitely this self serve is not for me.

@Lina3 The reason you couldn't use the talk is that you didn't have any talk in your plan.  That's not crazy, it's that you misunderstood how the plans work.  Fair enough, you're not the first and definitely won't be the last to do so.  The reason I suggested spending the $10 was it sounded like you wanted to cut your losses and move on to Koodo while retaining your phone number, and this is the quickest way to do so relatively cheaply.

If you're interesting in trying to find a resolution to stay here, or potentially a "good will" temporary reactivation for porting your number to Koodo, then I'd suggest you send the moderator team a private message.  The details of doing so can be found here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745.  Current turnaround times seem to be approx 48-72 hours before you will hear back, so please be patient.

EDIT: you said your data isn't working either?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lina3

this is definately crazy! I paid 20 for the data then another 8 dollars for the 200 mins and I can't even talk or use my data.   I should have just stayed with my 40 dollars plan with unlimited talk and text and 4.5 gig of data.  You are advising me to top up again for 10 dollars.  Definitely this self serve is not for me.

srlawren

@Lina3 wrote:

I am still having problem.  I paid for 250 data plan thinking I can call and text. I then topped up with an add-on 8 dollars for 200 mins talk and I still can not call out.  I am wanting to switch to the koodo plan but I need my phone to be active which I am trying to do.  What should I do no.  I don't want to be adding money all the time.  I am not sure this no customer service is for me.

@Lina3 unforutnately, the add-on long distance minutes cannot be used used as a substitue for having talk in your plan.  You bought a data-only plan, which, unsurprisingly, only gives you data.  

As to your other question, I'm guessing your account is now suspended?  If so, you could follow the directions in the very first post in this thread to change to the $10/50/50 plan long enough to port your number to Koodo.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lina3

I am still having problem.  I paid for 250 data plan thinking I can call and text. I then topped up with an add-on 8 dollars for 200 mins talk and I still can not call out.  I am wanting to switch to the koodo plan but I need my phone to be active which I am trying to do.  What should I do no.  I don't want to be adding money all the time.  I am not sure this no customer service is for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Syndicate604 wrote:

Yup my phone works and now you charged me twice for the same plan.

The mods have apparently replied to you. Click on the little envelope icon in the upper right with the red blob over it. If this post is in reply to them then reply back in the private message system. Not here.

Syndicate604

Yup my phone works and now you charged me twice for the same plan.

Sahilhooda

I have changed the plan and also recharged but my services aren't restored

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Syndicate604,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Best,

Syed

imm1304

Hi @Alan_K!

I love this new feature.  Have asked for this for couple of years 😄 

Very happy to see our selfserve experience getting better.

@shihai wrote:

AND IF I CANCEL THE PREVIOUS PLAN. DOES THE REFERRAL HAD BEEN CANCELED AS WELL? HOW ABOUT AUTOPAY AND REWARD, DOES IT ALL BE CANCELED?

First of all, you will be changing plans, not cancelling. With that being said you will retain your referral & reward credit, also autopay credit. None of this will disappear if you change plans.

I am not fully understanding what you are asking about the payment. You should only pay for 1 plan. If the 90 day plan ends on 

Oct 10th, future date your plan change for your renewal date of the old plan. It should switch, and just charge you for the new plan. Check after the plan renewal date and make sure everything is as it is suppose to be. Plan is active, right plan showing and you were charged the right amount and of course all is working with your phone.

Don't panic if something is wrong, just come back here, open a new topic and we will help.

SD08

@shihai

No, you don't have to pay both. When you do the change plan operation, you have a choice to "change plan immediately", or "change on your next renewal date."  Changing on your next renewal date should allow your current plan to run out and your new plan to take over seamlessly. If you choose change plan now, then any remaining time on your current plan will be lost and not refunded, your new plan would be all you pay, and it takes effect right away. In this case, it looks like your current plan is expiring tomorrow night, so you would be losing a day and a bit, if that makes a difference to you.

Your rewards will transfer to the new plan. To make it as seamless as possible, choose "change on next renewal."

shihai

AND IF I CANCEL THE PREVIOUS PLAN. DOES THE REFERRAL HAD BEEN CANCELED AS WELL? HOW ABOUT AUTOPAY AND REWARD, DOES IT ALL BE CANCELED?

shihai

HELLO, IF I WANT TO CHANGE MY PLAN FROM 90DAYS TO 30DAYS, IT IS SHOW UP I NEED TO PAY ON OCT.10 AND THE NEW ONE I NEED TO PAY ON OCT.11, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

DOES IT MEANS I NEED TO PAY BOTH OF THE PLAN

Syndicate604

So I guess no one should use this feature and they should suspend it till it works? Instead of people losing their phone access for a day?

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

It has been like that for a while. Cat Happy

N1COLAS

Moderator are very few and so busy. Allow them more time.

Syndicate604

I did this and my plan is ACTIVE with a $0 Balance the correct PLAN shows, next autopay is Nov 8th but my phone doesn't work - I cannot call anyone, not even voicemail. I have the $40 Plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.