cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systems Update: Ability to change plan while in suspend

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Have you ever experienced frustration from not being able to change your plan in Self-Serve when your account was in suspend? Well, we’re excited to let you know that, as of today, you’ll be able to do this without having to contact our Moderator Team!

We also thought we’d share some helpful pointers:

1. Changing your plan is a 2-step process, so be sure to complete both steps. Step 1 initiates the change, and step 2 reactivates your account via making a payment (if necessary).
  2. Make sure to review your details carefully before changing your plan. Once you’ve selected “Yes, change my plan”, all features from your current plan will be lost and the plan change will be completed, even if you do not make a payment in the second step.
  3. Top up your account with sufficient funds to cover the remaining amount owing. Since we are a prepaid service, you need to have the funds available for the plan change to fully take effect. If you only have partial funds in your account, or if you do not complete payment after changing your plan, you may be left with no or partial service. We have introduced several warnings to ensure you don’t leave the page without topping up, but figured we should mention it here as well. Note: If you have sufficient funds to cover your new plan, you won’t be taken to the payment menu.

What happens if I don’t take into account the above pointers? What should I do?

In this scenario, your account could still move from suspend to active, re-starting your plan cycle and potentially only reactivating a portion or none of your services.

If you find yourself in this situation, simply make a one-time payment from the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated.

If your services aren’t restored, please reach out to our Moderator Team ASAP and they will help get things sorted out.

Never changed your plan before? Learn how to here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

97 REPLIES 97

@taniadamcom wrote:

Great..Thank you!

Great things come to those that wait 🙂

Reponse time has been much slower than normal due to work overload but they will get back to you

taniadamcom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great..Thank you!

CDodsworth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Expected wait time is between 48 hours to a week

CDodsworth

You more than likely won’t receive a reply from them for 48 hours. 

taniadamcom

I contacted moderators,  no reply for 3 hours now.   

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Quantum1958 wrote:

I changed my plan to $10 a month last month. Before the next payment due date my plan is somehow expired. I checked I have not exceeded maximum 50 text messages. Most likely the phone calls exceeded 50.

My question is: my account balance still have $17. Is there any way to keep my phone operational?

Thanks!

If you runs out minutes, you can buy the $8 200 minutes add-on or $15 400 minutes add-on.  I like the add-on does not expired and the unused minutes will be roll-over to next 30days period until you used them up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Quantum1958 wrote:

I changed my plan to $10 a month last month. Before the next payment due date my plan is somehow expired. I checked I have not exceeded maximum 50 text messages. Most likely the phone calls exceeded 50.

My question is: my account balance still have $17. Is there any way to keep my phone operational?

Thanks!

Does it say expired in My Account?

Can you still text out (or in)?

Use some of that account balance and buy 200 minutes which gives you calling to Canada and the US. When your account eventually renews, it'll revert to using your 50 plan minutes and leave the rest of any unused 200 minutes waiting for you to go over in the future.

Think of the $10 plan as two add-ons. They're even under My Data & Add-ons. One is called 50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts and the other is called Limited Canada-Wide Talk.

If you don't see either then they've been consumed. One or the other could still be there.

Quantum1958

Thanks!

planeshift

So this means we can downgrade a day ahead of our due date and still have service

Horemansuk

Nooooooo....

@stonechucker wrote:

If I recall correctly, these were also weekends that something happened during system maintenance periods.

The accepted previous and current suggested action is to not worry about AutoPay, and future date your plan change.  If you're worried that AutoPay is going to fail, the top up the full cost of the new plan prior to the last day of the current cycle.

To ensure no issues at all, do an immediate plan change with the available funds already in the system.

Nooooooo..Systems should work for us. We do not work for them

Life is complicated enough without additional complications from PM

If I recall correctly, these were also weekends that something happened during system maintenance periods.

The accepted previous and current suggested action is to not worry about AutoPay, and future date your plan change.  If you're worried that AutoPay is going to fail, the top up the full cost of the new plan prior to the last day of the current cycle.

To ensure no issues at all, do an immediate plan change with the available funds already in the system.

smp99

@stonechucker  There have been many cases of people switching to a lower priced plan with autopay enabled and the account goes into suspended mode on renewal date

@smp99, it really shouldn't be an issue switching to a lower cost plan, if it's been future dated, and AutoPay enabled.  If AutoPay not enabled, having the full cost of the pan in available funds prior to the last day of current cycle *should* ensure success.

smp99

Does this also fix the issue if you ‘upgrade’ to a plan that has a lower cost than your current plan. Sometimes that process would get broken 

CDodsworth

It would be great if this actually worked. 

I was able to activate a new plan. However, all my services aren't working on my phone and it's been 2 days. No response from anyone @CS_Agent and I've attempted every possible solution I could find within the forums. 

Can someone PLEASE HELP. 

We need a ticket system as well.  It is long over due.

Rajwinder

Great improvement PM

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Another great improvement to Self Serve.  Keep up the good work PM!

That was one of the most requested features Cat Very Happy

Wtg Public!

Alan_K

@mimmo wrote:

@Alan_K can you make multiple plan changes before paying. Ie I make change 1 that cancels my current plan but then realize I actually made a mistake can I make a second plan change?

Then pay?

I would say if you have no balance in your account, then you can make unlimited plan changes with no risk. Otherwise, if you have available funds, there is a risk of partial payment being taken if the initial plan change is not finalized and you make multiple plan changes, at which point you'd need Moderator assistance. 

The best way to go about this would be to consider your plan change carefully first before confirming Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez...I think I'm having a seizure 🙂

Dunkgirl

@Effortwr

7drHiqr

I don't know how much this forum enjoys memes.

This is amazing! This will take away like 10% of all the community and moderator work .

ASD.gifphoto-15391.gif

Dunkgirl

THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS

You just took away like 10% of the work load from not only the community but also the moderators 😉

@Effort

reakcija.gif

ASD.gifphoto-15391.gif

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

7drHiqr

I don't know how much this forum enjoys memes.

@mimmo wrote:

@Alan_K can you make multiple plan changes before paying. Ie I make change 1 that cancels my current plan but then realize I actually made a mistake can I make a second plan change?

Then pay?

Great question. While i do not know the exact answer to this, i will make a guess and assume the system will let you change your plan again. But this will depend on how much funds you have if any or if the system takes away the balance depending on the plan you mistakenly selected. 

@will13am wrote:

Great stuff!  Next step is to allow the customer to do early renewal of existing plans when they run out of data.  We are all big boys and girls, we can handle the extra responsibilities. 

Many more to recommend....I think they should revamp the whole self-serve. Don't forget the US roaming add-ons which are sometimes funky. I wish for more options such as 3 days US add-on or no expiry days US add-ons. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is totally awsome! 

A new feature!

Less complaints and frustration!

More happy campers!

@Anonymous wrote:

This IS great news!

So you're in suspension. Your renewal date is past (of course). Your phone isn't working. I wonder if the successful completion of this change gives you a new 30 day cycle.

Of course...I don't know if suspended renewal restarts the cycle or whether it goes back to the original cycle either :).

@Alan_K great news will cut down on mod work load a huge amount.  @Anonymous, when you do this your start and renewal date will be from your new activation date

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@will13am wrote:

Great stuff!  Next step is to allow the customer to do early renewal of existing plans when they run out of data.  We are all big boys and girls, we can handle the extra responsibilities. 

I would have done this if it were possible. I was going to keep my 1GB LTE until I found a $30 offerring I was pleased with, but had to jump to the 4.5GB 3G because I ran out of data.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great.  Thank you for update.  It will cut down the number of private message to moderator team and improve subscribers experience with PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.