cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System maintenance- on January 13, 2019 at 12:00am ET to 10:00am ET.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This means that on January 13, 2019 at 12:00am ET to 10:00am ET you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

large.png

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
33 REPLIES 33

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @pbst2000,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Hope you're doing well! 

We are sorry for the inconvenience this situation might have caused and we will do our best to respond to your private as soon as possible. Please, kindly note that it's not recommended to provider personal information such as phone# or email address in the Public forum for security purposes. For this reason, we have removed them from your message. 

Thank you for your understanding! 

PM Team

pbst2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

For the number sim ard is suspended. It is extremly frsutructing for not to have an active phone when the fund is sufficient in the account. When you dial *611 and follow the instrection it shows I owe $3 + tax . however, account has enough money

Can you please look into it.

Thanks

The number : xxxxxxxxx

emaild Id : pbsxxxxxxxxxx

Plan : $10

Account balance : $15

MoAbd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks a lot everyone. I used a different browser and it fixed the 0 dollar plan. Appreciate all the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoAbd wrote:

Its suspended. I tried making a payment but my plan is 0 dollars. It wont let me renew or make a new plan.

If you had set up a credit card and if it still works then you could try the 611 service to do a payment. You could also buy a voucher online from recharge.com and pay that way in 611.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MoAbd wrote:

Its suspended. I tried making a payment but my plan is 0 dollars. It wont let me renew or make a new plan.

@MoAbdTry another browser or private browsing. It usually fixes that $0 plan issue.

MoAbd

Jessica_T

@MoAbd wrote:

Hi can you re-activate my plan. It was suppose to go through automatically on jan 13 2019. I need my phone service, its important. It wont let me activate myself.

@MoAbdDoes your account status show suspended? Do you have enough funds in the account? Did you try to make a payment? Make sure you have at least enough money for the plan then even if you have enough funds add one more dollar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoAbd wrote:

Hi can you re-activate my plan. It was suppose to go through automatically on jan 13 2019. I need my phone service, its important. It wont let me activate myself.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

MoAbd

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you for the heads up!

@Dkilcup098 wrote:

I’m hoping they are going to update the info on how to gain rewards a little better system like surveys and things like that

@Dkilcup098

This is a planned system maintenance outage that - hopefully - deals with glitches/"features" etc on the self serve account level. (As the wishlists above, my vision of getting a completely rebuilt, glitchfree self-serve platform is probably utopia...)

If you take your time to read the knowledge base and stickied posts in the subforums there is plenty of information and how-to guides. (Not sure what you mean with surveys, they would be sent to your registered e-mail address, I believe?)

Dkilcup098
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m hoping they are going to update the info on how to gain rewards a little better system like surveys and things like that

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to keep that time frame in mind, and not get all pissed off, and send a "hate PM" message, calling PM the worst company int the world.

Just kidding -> PM is the BEST Smiley LOL

Wonder_why

Thanks for the heads up,hop h to fixed all the bugs 😁

@srlawren wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

What does the maintenance do this time?  

add new features, fixing something etc?

@MoreYummy sadly, they rarely tell us.  they usually keep this close to the proverbial chest.

@RobertQc wrote:

@srlawren90 day plan win. 1/3 the renewals. When I suggest that 90 day plans get no love and where is the 90 day promotional plans, my love of 90 day plans get shut down and hard.

Yeah I suppose it's less risky that way, but less flexible given the no refund and no pro-rating policy in place at PM.  

That's ok.  As long as they fix something.  Cat Happy

@srlawrenI like your hat and the ideas that come with it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc yeah that last thought crossed my mind too so it may not be a factor.  There is still the mental factor to the person receiving the offer.  Imagine you're 2 weeks into your current cycle and are tempted by the offer.  I think you would be less concerned about loosing 2 more weeks of service you already paid for than loosing 10 more weeks of service you already paid for, even if there is a credit to compensate.  Our minds do weird things like that, and marketing departments (at least the good ones) try to exploit these idiosyncraticies as much as they possibly can.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Yeah I suppose it's less risky that way, but less flexible given the no refund and no pro-rating policy in place at PM.  

@srlawrenI am ok with that 🙂 One thing to add is less chance of angry people leaving to want pro-rating refunds when they have 1/3 less chance of having a renewal failure. Imagine a world where the dreaded autopay failure happened only 1/3 as often. I can see the blue skys ahead. It's beautiful.

@RobertQc okay so to put on my "conspiracy theorist" hat for a moment, this flexibility issue may well be a part of why PM is shying away from promoting the 90 day plans.  Think about any time the Koodo migration offer batches have come up in the past.  Inevitably, we get a [large] number of people responding saying "but I'm only 1 week into my cycle" or "I just renewed 2 days ago, am I going to lose the rest of my cycle?", and "can I get a refund for the parts I didn't use?".  I'm paraphrasing and generalizing here of course, but you get the idea. I think that if Telus intends to keep trying to move people "up the value chain" to Koodo, they are smart to push 30 day plans over 90 day plans.  This makes it easier for people to accept losing some days of service without refund in order to take the offer (assuming the offer is sufficiently appealing of course) while simultaneously meaning they don't have to offer up as much in bill credits as compensation.  

I'm probably reading way too much into this and need to take off my tinfoil hat, but I seem to be on a bit of a paranoia/conspiracy roll lately, so thought I'd share this.

@srlawrenHey thats good thinking, I never thought of that. That immediatly made me think If public mobile is telus, and koodo is telus then the money in public mobile or koodo is already in the hands of telus. So it would not be unreasnoble (no extra cost) for koodo to make a higher offer (or more credits) to those in a 90 day plan or who have more time left till the next renewal since the customer has already put in extra money in the telus family.

They could even send a targeted ad towards the one on the 90 day plan and say "And we will give you a 1 time bonus for $107 as you are on the 90 day plan and don't want you to lose all that time you paid for". That might even be more motivating for the people on the 90 day plan.

srlawren

@RobertQc wrote:

@srlawrenI am ok with that 🙂 One thing to add is less chance of angry people leaving to want pro-rating refunds when they have 1/3 less chance of having a renewal failure. Imagine a world where the dreaded autopay failure happened only 1/3 as often. I can see the blue skys ahead. It's beautiful.

@RobertQc okay so to put on my "conspiracy theorist" hat for a moment, this flexibility issue may well be a part of why PM is shying away from promoting the 90 day plans.  Think about any time the Koodo migration offer batches have come up in the past.  Inevitably, we get a [large] number of people responding saying "but I'm only 1 week into my cycle" or "I just renewed 2 days ago, am I going to lose the rest of my cycle?", and "can I get a refund for the parts I didn't use?".  I'm paraphrasing and generalizing here of course, but you get the idea. I think that if Telus intends to keep trying to move people "up the value chain" to Koodo, they are smart to push 30 day plans over 90 day plans.  This makes it easier for people to accept losing some days of service without refund in order to take the offer (assuming the offer is sufficiently appealing of course) while simultaneously meaning they don't have to offer up as much in bill credits as compensation.  

I'm probably reading way too much into this and need to take off my tinfoil hat, but I seem to be on a bit of a paranoia/conspiracy roll lately, so thought I'd share this.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

@MoreYummy sadly, they rarely tell us.  they usually keep this close to the proverbial chest.

@RobertQc wrote:

@srlawren90 day plan win. 1/3 the renewals. When I suggest that 90 day plans get no love and where is the 90 day promotional plans, my love of 90 day plans get shut down and hard.

srlawren

@MoreYummy wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

You are a little paranoid. 

@will13am admittedly.  But again, why risk a failed renewal due to maintenance when turnaround for support requests are in the 3+++ day range right now?  Everyone's risk tolerance (and paranoia level) is of course different, but for me, I'd rather have the assurance of continued connectivity into my next cycle.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

srlawren

@will13am wrote:

@will13am admittedly.  But again, why risk a failed renewal due to maintenance when turnaround for support requests are in the 3+++ day range right now?  Everyone's risk tolerance (and paranoia level) is of course different, but for me, I'd rather have the assurance of continued connectivity into my next cycle.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@ute1978 wrote:

Uh Oh!

That is exactly the night of my auto-renewal. Hopefully everything goes well as it has for the last 2.75 years.

Be the eternal optimist.  I have renewed through a maintenance outage in the past without issue. 

@will13am with moderator response time seemingly in the "several" day range, I wouldn't risk it personally.  In fact, if it were me, I'd make a manual top up right now for the renewal amount (the full plan amount, not factoring in rewards) and message the moderator team asking for an early renewal if possible prior to the afternoon of the maintenance window start.  But maybe I'm overly paranoid.  😉

srlawren

@will13am wrote:

@ute1978 wrote:

Uh Oh!

That is exactly the night of my auto-renewal. Hopefully everything goes well as it has for the last 2.75 years.

Be the eternal optimist.  I have renewed through a maintenance outage in the past without issue. 

@will13am with moderator response time seemingly in the "several" day range, I wouldn't risk it personally.  In fact, if it were me, I'd make a manual top up right now for the renewal amount (the full plan amount, not factoring in rewards) and message the moderator team asking for an early renewal if possible prior to the afternoon of the maintenance window start.  But maybe I'm overly paranoid.  😉

@ute1978 wrote:

Uh Oh!

srlawren

@stonechucker wrote:

@ute1978, I topped up ahead of time so it wouldn' miss AutoPay when it happened to me in the summer.

I let it run through the renewal process, just put the funds in a day or two early.  I had no issue with this happening.

@ute1978 this is good advice, I'd second @stonechucker's suggestion. 

@ute1978, I topped up ahead of time so it wouldn' miss AutoPay when it happened to me in the summer.

I let it run through the renewal process, just put the funds in a day or two early.  I had no issue with this happening.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Uh Oh!

Need Help? Let's chat.