cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: System maintenance- on January 13, 2019 at 12:00am ET to 10:00am ET.

@will13am wrote:

You are a little paranoid. 

@will13am admittedly.  But again, why risk a failed renewal due to maintenance when turnaround for support requests are in the 3+++ day range right now?  Everyone's risk tolerance (and paranoia level) is of course different, but for me, I'd rather have the assurance of continued connectivity into my next cycle.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What does the maintenance do this time?  

add new features, fixing something etc?

Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

You are a little paranoid. 

@will13am admittedly.  But again, why risk a failed renewal due to maintenance when turnaround for support requests are in the 3+++ day range right now?  Everyone's risk tolerance (and paranoia level) is of course different, but for me, I'd rather have the assurance of continued connectivity into my next cycle.

@srlawren90 day plan win. 1/3 the renewals. When I suggest that 90 day plans get no love and where is the 90 day promotional plans, my love of 90 day plans get shut down and hard.

Mayor / Maire

@MoreYummy wrote:

@MoreYummy sadly, they rarely tell us.  they usually keep this close to the proverbial chest.

@RobertQc wrote:

@srlawren90 day plan win. 1/3 the renewals. When I suggest that 90 day plans get no love and where is the 90 day promotional plans, my love of 90 day plans get shut down and hard.

Yeah I suppose it's less risky that way, but less flexible given the no refund and no pro-rating policy in place at PM.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

@MoreYummy sadly, they rarely tell us.  they usually keep this close to the proverbial chest.

@RobertQc wrote:

Yeah I suppose it's less risky that way, but less flexible given the no refund and no pro-rating policy in place at PM.  

@srlawrenI am ok with that Smiley Happy One thing to add is less chance of angry people leaving to want pro-rating refunds when they have 1/3 less chance of having a renewal failure. Imagine a world where the dreaded autopay failure happened only 1/3 as often. I can see the blue skys ahead. It's beautiful.

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc wrote:

@srlawrenI am ok with that Smiley Happy One thing to add is less chance of angry people leaving to want pro-rating refunds when they have 1/3 less chance of having a renewal failure. Imagine a world where the dreaded autopay failure happened only 1/3 as often. I can see the blue skys ahead. It's beautiful.

@RobertQc okay so to put on my "conspiracy theorist" hat for a moment, this flexibility issue may well be a part of why PM is shying away from promoting the 90 day plans.  Think about any time the Koodo migration offer batches have come up in the past.  Inevitably, we get a [large] number of people responding saying "but I'm only 1 week into my cycle" or "I just renewed 2 days ago, am I going to lose the rest of my cycle?", and "can I get a refund for the parts I didn't use?".  I'm paraphrasing and generalizing here of course, but you get the idea. I think that if Telus intends to keep trying to move people "up the value chain" to Koodo, they are smart to push 30 day plans over 90 day plans.  This makes it easier for people to accept losing some days of service without refund in order to take the offer (assuming the offer is sufficiently appealing of course) while simultaneously meaning they don't have to offer up as much in bill credits as compensation.  

I'm probably reading way too much into this and need to take off my tinfoil hat, but I seem to be on a bit of a paranoia/conspiracy roll lately, so thought I'd share this.

Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@RobertQc okay so to put on my "conspiracy theorist" hat for a moment, this flexibility issue may well be a part of why PM is shying away from promoting the 90 day plans.  Think about any time the Koodo migration offer batches have come up in the past.  Inevitably, we get a [large] number of people responding saying "but I'm only 1 week into my cycle" or "I just renewed 2 days ago, am I going to lose the rest of my cycle?", and "can I get a refund for the parts I didn't use?".  I'm paraphrasing and generalizing here of course, but you get the idea. I think that if Telus intends to keep trying to move people "up the value chain" to Koodo, they are smart to push 30 day plans over 90 day plans.  This makes it easier for people to accept losing some days of service without refund in order to take the offer (assuming the offer is sufficiently appealing of course) while simultaneously meaning they don't have to offer up as much in bill credits as compensation.  

I'm probably reading way too much into this and need to take off my tinfoil hat, but I seem to be on a bit of a paranoia/conspiracy roll lately, so thought I'd share this.

@srlawrenHey thats good thinking, I never thought of that. That immediatly made me think If public mobile is telus, and koodo is telus then the money in public mobile or koodo is already in the hands of telus. So it would not be unreasnoble (no extra cost) for koodo to make a higher offer (or more credits) to those in a 90 day plan or who have more time left till the next renewal since the customer has already put in extra money in the telus family.

They could even send a targeted ad towards the one on the 90 day plan and say "And we will give you a 1 time bonus for $107 as you are on the 90 day plan and don't want you to lose all that time you paid for". That might even be more motivating for the people on the 90 day plan.

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc yeah that last thought crossed my mind too so it may not be a factor.  There is still the mental factor to the person receiving the offer.  Imagine you're 2 weeks into your current cycle and are tempted by the offer.  I think you would be less concerned about loosing 2 more weeks of service you already paid for than loosing 10 more weeks of service you already paid for, even if there is a credit to compensate.  Our minds do weird things like that, and marketing departments (at least the good ones) try to exploit these idiosyncraticies as much as they possibly can.  

Mayor / Maire

@srlawrenI like your hat and the ideas that come with it.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

That's ok.  As long as they fix something.  Cat Happy