cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System maintenance – On August 5 2019, 10:00 PM ET – August 6 2019, 8:00 AM ET

Julie_D
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This means that between August 5 2019, 10:00 PM ET – August 6 2019, 8:00 AM ET you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

Heads up! If your renewal is coming up, we'd recommend that you complete it before 10: 00 PM ET

system maintenance.jpg

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

22 REPLIES 22

@SCH wrote:

Sadly I had no reminder from PM of my bill and this information was not recieved on my phone and my service was disconnected. On the morning of August 5, I was sending some time sensitive texts and had no idea my service had been suspended. Then it took numerous attempts to pay my two phone bills as the online service was refusing to process them. Then the funds that had been remaining in the account were somehow removed and recredited upon full payment. Very disappointed.

Well the planned maintenance wasn’t during the time your account renewal failed, sorry for your luck.  As for having no notice of reminder, well that’s been slipping around here also, as I now get notice the morning of my payment date, less than 24 hours notice.  I make sure I know when to pay, as I will not rely on a service provider to do so faithfully.

If you want to leave, go for it.  You will find just as much if not more disappointment at the other carriers.  I pay less than $10 for 90 days of service here now, 12 GB of data.  Inconveniences are nothing, for the savings I have.

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well kudos for altering the address in the public mobile phone reception. Now there are 3 things to choose from instead of the prior 2 methods of payment...1 account related 2 technical support! (Yay) & 3 other...all of which while trying access, played a we are sorry we are closed right now recording.. 😞

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, for any times your server is down your company loses money when I can not add it to my account either online or on phone. Sorry too

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Will the signup website show a message telling people that the system maintenance is happening. I don't see anything there yet, but maybe it will show up at 10pm ET.

Yup, it's there now, thanks!

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Will the signup website show a message telling people that the system maintenance is happening. I don't see anything there yet, but maybe it will show up at 10pm ET.

SCH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sadly I had no reminder from PM of my bill and this information was not recieved on my phone and my service was disconnected. On the morning of August 5, I was sending some time sensitive texts and had no idea my service had been suspended. Then it took numerous attempts to pay my two phone bills as the online service was refusing to process them. Then the funds that had been remaining in the account were somehow removed and recredited upon full payment. Very disappointed.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Haiggy wrote:

Seems like odd timing for an outage as this is a consumer-level product. Not sure why you'd choose to take your website down on a long weekend, but hey...

It's not a long weekend for everyone!

It seems like a good day to do it in all honesty. Retail locations are shut down for the stat (for those who get the stat) so there won't be interuptions to in-store activations and it's less likely that people will be activating their store bought SIM on a day other than the day they bought it on or at the end of their billing cycle (which this day is unlikely to be). Mailed SIMs won't arrive today due to the post office not operating today so another source of activations has been minimized. All in all, probably the most optimal day they could have taken!

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The website was down last night from about 8PM Pacific August 1 to this morning August 2.  Initially the website said it was for maintenance and then all I got was a server error message. My first renewal and auto pay was on the exact same date and time.  I am happy to report, there was no loss of cell service and I woke up this morning to find that the renewal and autopay worked and I got all my rewards.

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Seems like odd timing for an outage as this is a consumer-level product. Not sure why you'd choose to take your website down on a long weekend, but hey...

kevinqqh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for reminding .

@ChuckYeah wrote:

My renew date is Aug 4, but I'm wondering if my date was the 5th should I expect any issues with my account renewal? I'm sure 3 percent or so of our fellow PM users would like to know. @Julie_D @Alan_K 

At the risk of sounding negative, I vote also for preloading funds a couple of days before. 

@XionBunny wrote:

@Julie_D wrote:

This means that between August 5 2019, 10:00 PM ET – August 6 2019, 8:00 AM ET you won't be able to do the following:

• Activate a new account

Heads up! If your renewal is coming up, we'd recommend that you complete it before 10: 00 PM ET

system maintenance.jpg

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Yay! smash those bugs!

And hopefully not introduce new strains.  Smiley Tongue

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Julie_D  Thanks for the heads up, we do appreciate it. The more notice we get for these types of things the better. Try to keep us in the loop for theis type of thing as much as possible 

mrraymond
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

*to my account...

(sorry!)

mrraymond
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Julie! I know you're talking beyond a few days later, but unfortunately something has been going wrong. I tried to access to my accept but it always has feedback an error message page until this moment. Plz figure it out. Thx!

XionBunny

@Julie_D wrote:

• Activate a new account

system maintenance.jpg

Yay! smash those bugs!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChuckYeah wrote:

My renew date is Aug 4, but I'm wondering if my date was the 5th should I expect any issues with my account renewal? I'm sure 3 percent or so of our fellow PM users would like to know. @Julie_D @Alan_K 

If there's a planned event announced, many people would pre-load funds just to minimize possible hiccups.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Lieux wrote:

I don't understand...why a message from a GREAT NEIGHBOUR??? Is it a good announcement???

Only moderators and PM staff can start threads in the Annoucements section, although you're right that it's a little strange that there's no PM logo beside her username.

@dna2016 wrote:

@Julie_D  Thanks for the heads up, really appreciate it.  Hopefully this will finally fix those new activation problems.

th6VSNGSFA.jpg

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Julie_D wrote:

• Activate a new account

system maintenance.jpg

I don't understand...why a message from a GREAT NEIGHBOUR??? Is it a good announcement???

dna2016

@Julie_D  Thanks for the heads up, really appreciate it.  Hopefully this will finally fix those new activation problems.

Need Help? Let's chat.