cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Special announcement coming soon

Coming from a small community with none of the PM retailers available, I ordered online and waiting was hard haha

Oracle

@Luddite wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Luddite how would preactivated sim work? With so many various plan options, and when would the 30/90 days start? Etc. 

My guess, a mobile friendly self serve? 

Well, in my imagination, they are sold with only 1 or 2 plans; SIM cost is waived. The 30 days begins on date of first connection to PM network.

Hard to believe if that is even possible. Once the sim is active, date of activation is recorded and it is considered as an active sim. I don't think they can alter the system in such a way that they can pause the active status and record the activation date when you put the sim in your phone. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

@NDesai wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Luddite how would preactivated sim work? With so many various plan options, and when would the 30/90 days start? Etc. 

My guess, a mobile friendly self serve? 

Well, in my imagination, they are sold with only 1 or 2 plans; SIM cost is waived. The 30 days begins on date of first connection to PM network.

Hard to believe if that is even possible. Once the sim is active, date of activation is recorded and it is considered as an active sim. I don't think they can alter the system in such a way that they can pause the active status and record the activation date when you put the sim in your phone. 

But PM can add credit equal to one month fee during purchase.

Agree.  It will be cleaner process to sell regular SIM card and let the new subscriber to activate the SIM card. 

I don't want to deal with thread related to the pre-activated SIM issues.

@popping wrote:

But PM can add credit equal to one month fee during purchase.

Agree.  It will be cleaner process to sell regular SIM card and let the new subscriber to activate the SIM card. 

I don't want to deal with thread related to the pre-activated SIM issues.

People can get pre-activvated sim cards, but its not through any official source.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

Ok I'll play...e-sim.

This would be awesome.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hmmm ...exciting addition to our current line-up... maybe selling unlocked phones? Apple Watch plan? A mobile app?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

On with it. It’s getting a little bit frustrating now

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So exciting! I thought it would be about special rate plans for loyal customers though lol 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Lets see what that is.!  Smiley Happy

Or another surprise like before.Smiley LOL

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is interesting and hope to see what it is. I also want to see a Public Mobile app and a $15 plan with everything from $10 plan but with unlimited texting in the future. Keep it up!