cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special announcement coming soon

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Back in the summer of ‘17, we announced that we were expanding our presence by selling our SIM cards at both national and independent retailers.  We wanted to give Canadians more control and choice: purchase and activate online or visit your local neighbourhood store.

Since then, we’ve launched at many great retail partners like, Walmart, WOW! Mobile, K-Mobile, London Drugs, The Mobile Shop, Koodo Authorized Dealers, and various independent wireless retailers. In 2019, we’re continuing this journey with the same goal in mind: empower more Canadians to do wireless differently. To that end, we have yet another special announcement coming soon about an exciting addition to our current line-up. Stay tuned for more details!

- Public Mobile Community Team

104 REPLIES 104

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It’s not how many but how reliable these retailers are. Most are willing sellers if a SIM is activated at their location: if not, many are reluctant and some even deny. PM clients and its self-serve philosophy deserves better.

All retailers should be bound to a clause that they willingly sell SIM to all prospective clients — irrespective of the fact whether such clients activate the SIM at their point of sale or not.

I guess SIM vending machines? If not that, then Public Mobile stores?

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

More free ice cream??? LOL

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

How about airports for visitors maybe?  And support for international credit cards?  Probably not, but many of the other good guesses have already been posted.  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Canadian Tire would be cool

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

What other independent mobile stores left in Canada?

Best Buy

We can count the following stores out:

The Source - Bell/Virgin only

Visions (Mostly in Western Canada) - Bell/Virgin only

TBooth Wireless - Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Rogers/Fido/Chatr

London Drugs in mostly in the west.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

What other independent mobile stores left in Canada?

Best Buy

We can count the following stores out:

The Source - Bell/Virgin only

Visions (Mostly in Western Canada) - Bell/Virgin only

TBooth Wireless - Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Rogers/Fido/Chatr

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I'll play...e-sim.

@Luddite wrote:

I'm guessing Bestbuy, or maybe preactivated SIMs on line.

Best Buy, Canada Computers, EB Games, Staples, something like that... It would be funny if someone guessed correctly.

I'm guessing Bestbuy, or maybe preactivated SIMs on line.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

Well @Alan_K @Brooke_C, you are discovering that the Community has no interest in hype, just the offer thanks! Robot wink

LOL

You trying to start a mutiny?

Well @Alan_K @Brooke_C, you are discovering that the Community has no interest in hype, just the offer thanks! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K

Just fix the dang self-serve problems/oversights/shortcomings first. Please.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Back in the summer of ‘17, we announced that we were expanding our presence by selling our SIM cards at both national and independent retailers.  We wanted to give Canadians more control and choice: purchase and activate online or visit your local neighbourhood store.

Since then, we’ve launched at many great retail partners like, Walmart, WOW! Mobile, K-Mobile, London Drugs, The Mobile Shop, Koodo Authorized Dealers, and various independent wireless retailers. In 2019, we’re continuing this journey with the same goal in mind: empower more Canadians to do wireless differently. To that end, we have yet another special announcement coming soon about an exciting addition to our current line-up. Stay tuned for more details!

- Public Mobile Community Team

Why the tease!!!  Just post the details when you can let us know lolMan LOL

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.